3. Little Comets - Hope Is Just A Sate Of Mind

4. Benjamin Clementine - At Least For Now

5. The Staves - If I Was

6. Bill Wells & Aidan Moffat - The Most Important Place In The World

7. Matthew E White - Fresh Blood

8. Justin Townes Earle - Absent Fathers

9. Marika Hackman - We Slept At Last

10. Franz Nicolay - To Us, The Beautiful

Listened to three new records this week. Tobias Jesso Jr. is phenomenal, The Staves is very good as well. Seasick Steve's is alright - just standard fare which is starting to wear thin now. Summertime Boy is a tune though.

ETA - Matthew E White which could be a grower, but very good on first listen. Rock & Roll Is Cold is an absolute tune. Marika Hackman's album is decent as well, a better Laura Marling.

A crappy copy of Death Cab For Cuties new album is doing the rounds, sounds promising though!

I see Gaz Coombes new album getting mentioned and I'm really split on it, been a big fan of his going back to the early Supergrass stuff but I can't get into this album at all. Definitely some growers on there but I don't seem to be able to shake off the underwhelming feeling, you just know he's got so much more!

I see Gaz Coombes new album getting mentioned and I'm really split on it, been a big fan of his going back to the early Supergrass stuff but I can't get into this album at all. Definitely some growers on there but I don't seem to be able to shake off the underwhelming feeling, you just know he's got so much more!

The album is very inconsistent. I've got it in my top 10 because I've only listened to about 10 albums so far this year. Here Come The Bombs is far, far better in my opinion.

The album is very inconsistent. I've got it in my top 10 because I've only listened to about 10 albums so far this year. Here Come The Bombs is far, far better in my opinion.

Yeah, Here Come The Bombs is definitely a better album.

Matador starts off promising, Buffalo, 20-20 and the English Ruse are great, GWFTE is OK but it's pretty much all downhill from there.

I'm totally enraptured by Sufjan Stevens new album at the mo, cannot stop listening to it, it's just beautiful, going to take a hell of an album to top it this year.

1. Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly

2. Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear

3. Sleater-Kinner - No Cities to Love

4. Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit

5. Lupe Fiasco - Tetsuo & Youth

6. Drake - If You're Reading This It's Too Late

7. Charli XCX - Sucker

8 Marina and the Diamonds - FROOT

9. Fall Out Boy - American Beauty/American Psycho

10. Imagine Dragons - Smoke + Mirrors

• 3 new entries into my top 10 for this update. Lets start off Kendrick, the man to take up the top spot, I imagine this will remain the case for the rest of 2015. I know nothing is perfect, but this is as close as it gets imo. Truly outstanding album.
  • Next we have an Australian that has caught my attention. I really like Courtney Barnett, an incredibly strong album for a debut, Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'd recommend her.
  • At the recommendation of a friend, I gave Marina and the Diamonds new album a chance and I have to say I'm surprised that I like it. It's certainly good, but definitely won't stand a chance with regards to staying in the top 10 too long.

A couple of other albums I've listened to did not make the top 10. Firstly, I just wasn't fussed by the debut effort from James Bay, I'm not on that hype train. I like the album from Action Bronson, some of it was pretty good but I don't think I like the album more than I like the efforts from Imagine Dragons & Fall Out Boy etc...

Since everyone's digging the new Kendrick album, I highly recommend checking out Earl Sweatshirt's new record "I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside". I've put them at 8/10 and 7/10 respectively, but I'm going to need to reassess the numbers; they're better than that.

After their exceptional first album, Skinny Lister have completed a follow up and will be releasing in a few weeks. They've released a couple of songs online from it, which are sounding really good;

1. Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear

2. Tobias Jesso Jr. - Goon

3. Little Comets - Hope Is Just A State Of Mind

4. Benjamin Clementine - At Least For Now

5. Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell

6. The Staves - If I Was

7. Bill Wells & Aidan Moffat - The Most Important Place In The World

8. Jesse Malin - New York Before The War

9. Matthew E White - Fresh Blood

10. Blur - The Magic Whip

The new Sufjan Stevens album is very, very good. Listened to it twice in succession. Jesse Malin's is decent as well, but I am disappointed with the new Blur record, expected a lot better after Fool's Day and Under The Westway, although Go Out and There Are Too Many Of Us brought my expectations right back down to earth. Those are the worst songs on the album but its still not brilliant. Will maybe leave it a while and see if its a grower.

Looking forward to the FFS and Slaves albums in the next couple of months which should probably make my end of year lists.

Archived