Hibernian v Falkirk

Pleased with that result.

Yes, happy enough.

In truth, a silver lining could have been found for us in any outcome here, but this was a decent one. I think I'd have preferred a Hibs win though. I think it's still likely that they'll finish above us and that means that the priority is for Falkirk to drop points.

This way, it's tight between three sides looking for two positions, but I can't help thinking it's all going to be about how we compare to Falkirk from here on in and a point at Easter Road is a good result for them.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Houston the lineswoman wasnt sure who it was that scored. She then said to the ref if it was 35 he was offside and it's no goal. Seems like it was the right decision but it took them ages to sort it out.

Ref didn't see off-side Baird was off-side when he was clearly off as he often is off. Lorraine saw that off-side Baird was off and told the the ref that off-side Baird was off. Ref ruled that off-side Baird was off...

Baird is often off.

Was he good then?

He put in a hell of a shift today and was some header for his goal. Never stopped chasing the ball, held it up well and linked up well with Loy, couldn't have asked for anymore from him today.

Strange game where I'm delighted to get a point but at the same time disappointed not to win it. For all the ball Hibs had they did very little with it and didn't actually trouble us that much, first goal went right through MacDonald, second was terrible 'marking' from a corner leaving Cummings unmarked 3 yards out and the third more terrible decision making by MacDonald and again Cummings taping it in. The only real chance I can remember in th second half was when MacDonald again miles out of position and somehow Boyle put it wide.

For us we started poor but slowly grew into the game but were undoubtedly better in the second half. What a header from Baird for the first equaliser and I've still no idea what happened for the disallowed goal. Free kick came in somehow got their head on it and it went in, our players celebrating, referee signalling a goal and lineswoman running back down the line towards halfway. Then suddenly she's signalling for offside and it's disallowed. Bizarre. Thankfully Houstie changed the midfield about at half time putting Vaulks back in the middle and giving us someone getting stuck in there made a big difference.

Id give pass marks to pretty much everyone today, Kerr was poorer than last week didn't use the ball well enough and MacDonald was fucking terrible but they 2 aside everyone else played well. But credit to the front 2 Loy and Baird put some running into that game and although it's early days look like could be some partnership.

He put in a hell of a shift today and was some header for his goal. Never stopped chasing the ball, held it up well and linked up well with Loy, couldn't have asked for anymore from him today.

Strange game where I'm delighted to get a point but at the same time disappointed not to win it. For all the ball Hibs had they did very little with it and didn't actually trouble us that much, first goal went right through MacDonald, second was terrible 'marking' from a corner leaving Cummings unmarked 3 yards out and the third more terrible decision making by MacDonald and again Cummings taping it in. The only real chance I can remember in th second half was when MacDonald again miles out of position and somehow Boyle put it wide.

For us we started poor but slowly grew into the game but were undoubtedly better in the second half. What a header from Baird for the first equaliser and I've still no idea what happened for the disallowed goal. Free kick came in somehow got their head on it and it went in, our players celebrating, referee signalling a goal and lineswoman running back down the line towards halfway. Then suddenly she's signalling for offside and it's disallowed. Bizarre. Thankfully Houstie changed the midfield about at half time putting Vaulks back in the middle and giving us someone getting stuck in there made a big difference.

Id give pass marks to pretty much everyone today, Kerr was poorer than last week didn't use the ball well enough and MacDonald was fucking terrible but they 2 aside everyone else played well. But credit to the front 2 Loy and Baird put some running into that game and although it's early days look like could be some partnership.

How did we set up at the start of the game?

Archived