Ian McCall Ayr United Manager

Ross Perry was horrible for Raith, genuinely bumf, with almost no positive attributes.

He plays in an utterly panicky fashion, as if he believes the game is continually in the 90th minute and his team's one up. He just continually wallops the ball as hard as he can with his daft head or useless feet.

I know you're probably thinking that a safety-first type centre-half isn't the end of the world, but the fact he can't read a game, makes him a real neep.

Take it from me, within a week or two, some hilarious Ayr fan will be shouting "WE'D HAVE BEEN BETTER AFF SIGNING F**KING KATY PERRY/ LUKE PERRY/PERRY F**KING MASON" (delete as applicable)

Anyway, good luck with that one.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ross Perry was horrible for Raith, genuinely bumf, with almost no positive attributes.

He plays in an utterly panicky fashion, as if he believes the game is continually in the 90th minute and his team's one up. He just continually wallops the ball as hard as he can with his daft head or useless feet.

I know you're probably thinking that a safety-first type centre-half isn't the end of the world, but the fact he can't read a game, makes him a real neep.

Take it from me, within a week or two, some hilarious Ayr fan will be shouting "WE'D HAVE BEEN BETTER AFF SIGNING F**KING KATY PERRY/ LUKE PERRY/PERRY F**KING MASON" (delete as applicable)

Anyway, good luck with that one.

We are desperate for a fit centre back but if he is as bad as you state what does that say about your management team who pick him for 16 games this season?

We are desperate for a fit centre back but if he is as bad as you state what does that say about your management team who pick him for 16 games this season?

Have a read of our thread on the Championship forum and you'll see our opinion on our management team. Perry was only to be signed on a short term deal due to injuries at the start of the season. He was looking for a longer deal than we initially offered and due to our injury crisis at CB not clearing up by the time the season started we had no option but to take him on.

Have a read of our thread on the Championship forum and you'll see our opinion on our management team. Perry was only to be signed on a short term deal due to injuries at the start of the season. He was looking for a longer deal than we initially offered and due to our injury crisis at CB not clearing up by the time the season started we had no option but to take him on.

Let me get this right. You had injuries, at the start of the season, and signed someone to cover. GENIUS.

Let me get this right. You had injuries, at the start of the season, and signed someone to cover. GENIUS.

Call it an emergency signing. It was either sign him or play youth players with no first team experience. We played a pre-season game with a youth player at CB prior to Perry coming in and he was in no way ready for Championship football so at the time Perry was the only option available...we weren't to know how pish Perry was at this point. It came to light our injury situation wasn't going to be resolved as quickly as we hoped so we were able to accommodate Perry's request for a longer deal than we initially offered him. It was common knowledge amongst our support when Dougie Hill returned to fitness the chances of Perry getting a start was slim unless he put in a series of good performances.

I'm no buying this having centre backs as cover hing. Surely your "star" striker could have played there.

I thought you could only have emergency loans of teenagers otherwise..

QUOTE : " Even simpler solution would be to play either McCracken or McArthur until someone half decent comes along."

The thing is Ginganinga BOTH those boys are better than " decent " and given time to develop by a Manager could solve the problems in centre of defence for Ayr.

McCracken doing well at Talbot by all reports , playing in midfield for them.

QUOTE : " Even simpler solution would be to play either McCracken or McArthur until someone half decent comes along." The thing is Ginganinga BOTH those boys are better than " decent " and given time to develop by a Manager could solve the problems in centre of defence for Ayr. McCracken doing well at Talbot by all reports , playing in midfield for them.

I thought it was a better idea for the loan to carry on since he was playing but what purpose is there to him playing in midfield

Itzdrk - Without wanting to sound like a know it all it could be good for the boys development as you don't get as much time on the ball in the middle of the park and then when he does step back to centre half he will have that experience under the belt and will be moving it quicker. Watching Scottish football we still don't move the ball around the pitch and therefore upset the opposition shape quick enough.

Itzdrk - Without wanting to sound like a know it all it could be good for the boys development as you don't get as much time on the ball in the middle of the park and then when he does step back to centre half he will have that experience under the belt and will be moving it quicker. Watching Scottish football we still don't move the ball around the pitch and therefore upset the opposition shape quick enough.

I can appreciate the theory behind what you are saying but he is playing at a well known hoofball team tbh

So is it just perry we have in so far?

I got a call from my auld faither last night who said mccall had got a couple of Aberdeen youngsters in. My faither is normally a sensible chap but decided this flimsy information was good enough to phone his son and tell him to bet on ayr.

So is anyone on here going to own up to being the guy in the pub or is it true and I should be legitimately excited (and willie hill legitimately worried)?

So is it just perry we have in so far?

I got a call from my auld faither last night who said mccall had got a couple of Aberdeen youngsters in. My faither is normally a sensible chap but decided this flimsy information was good enough to phone his son and tell him to bet on ayr.

So is anyone on here going to own up to being the guy in the pub or is it true and I should be legitimately excited (and willie hill legitimately worried)?

Not sure Perry is definately in, if he is it will be on trial

Morgyn Neil loan from Motherwell (End of Season)

Playing in the juniors will make him more likely to just hoof it long tbh.

Your whole game was all about hoofing it long today. Usually to nobody . Very poor.

On the positive side, McCall seemed to be taking lots of notes..............Either that or he was filling in the bookies slips for an easy Brechin win.

Archived