Ian McCall Ayr United Manager

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should do well at Ayr United but their season is over already and they will not finish in a promotion play-off position which is a huge fail for a full-time club.

If McCall can build a team to survive this season while building for the next year he'll be a good appointment and Ayr could compete with Dunfermline and Morton next season for the top 4.

If Dale Keenan is the standard then we would be better putting some ball boys on

Surprised at that, he has only played for us 3/4 times this season but he's looked solid enough on each occassion. Certainly no worse than Jake Carroll who we had on loan from Huddersfield. He struggled during the 1st 15mins against Dundee Utd with Mackay-Steven running him ragged but after that he was a danger going forward & controlled any attacks down his side well.

I'm not sure we'll keep him beyond this season but I see no reason why he couldn't play for a Championship club, based on the limited games he has played for us.

Happy to see McCall back in management, he's been a regular at Firhill over the past 3 seasons for Radio Clyde. If it wasn't for him I'm not sure where we would be just now, he's limited but he set the foundations & formed the basis of a really good team with us (he didn't get the chance to see it through with players being sold) but I'll always be thankful for the job he did with us. Plucking Chris Erskine & Kris Doolan from the juniors was outstanding business also.

I'm happy with the appointment but he can't turn water into wine. This season is a write off and if we climb the table great but expectations for this season should not be high. He will need to see what he's got then see who he can get to replace them. That takes time. please give him it before shouting weegie p***k *** junkie etc

Hopefully he's given a fresh slate and i'd take 7th now. Next season is when he should start being judged once he builds his own squad.

He'll keep you safe from relegation this year, that's for sure.

Yeah, the more I read and reflect on this appointment, the more I become more into it. It's somehow a relatively exciting appointment actually. Experience should hopefully see us safe this year and then he should hopefully build an exciting team for next year.

Archived