Ian McCall Ayr United Manager

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree, solid manager, 7th or 8th will do this season, hopefully get the kids on the park. Lets hope any off field issues don't appear and when he was at Airdrie he never had anything good to say about us.

Good luck

Guest TOPFITTER

According to twitter Ian McCall has been unveiled as new Ayr United manager

Will he plunder Stranraer FC for his former Queen Of The South protege and ex- Killie player, Wullie Gibson???? Can hear the gnashing of teeth already at the thought of it !!!!! :rolleyes:

I was half expecting us to appoint McCall in the summer, would've thought it was a fair enough appointment. Duffy hadn't even crossed my mind. By those standards it's an excellent appointment by Ayr.

Will he plunder Stranraer FC for his former Queen Of The South protege and ex- Killie player, Wullie Gibson???? Can hear the gnashing of teeth already at the thought of it !!!!! :rolleyes:

Signed until the end of the season.

Jamie Adams was linked with Ayr last season and McCall is a big fan. Wouldn't be surprised to two reunited.

McCall hates Stranraer.

Excellent appointment by Ayr and one that I certainly think will give them a superb chance of staying up!

When we sacked Jimmy Boyle, McCall would have been my first choice to replace him - always rated the man as a very good manager.

I know towards the end of his tenures at Queens and then Thistle, he had his critics but I thought he did a great job in his year and a bit with us.

The league has certainly just gotten a bit more interesting.

He is a superb manager and is a cracking appointment for Ayr. As other Jags fans have said he very much laid the foundations for where we are now; signing the core of our promotion winning team and generally just making us into a proper club again after the horrors of Dick Campbell. I'm amazed it has taken him this long to get another job.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Plenty of experience, unlike our last couple of managers, but I think it's a bit risky appointing someone who's been out of the professional game for such a long time.

At the very least he should have a sound grasp of tactics and maybe because he's a bit older he'll project some authority over the squad, both of which I felt Roberts struggled with.

Archived