Dismal Dundee v Miserable Motherwell

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee fans must be 6 2 the stomach hearing about the derby game so let's move onto this one.

So far they have been beaten by St Mirren, scraped a draw against a 10 man County and fluked a result against Thistle with a last minute own goal. Are they going to register a win against any of the teams they are battling relegation with? I don't think so....

More egg on face.

And yet, you are talking shite.

After the Partick Thistle game you were 13 points from the relegation place. You are now 11 points.

Again after the Partick Thistle result, you were 12 points from the play off place. You are also 11 points clear of that.

It's almost like you don't know what you are talking about.

Having the worst current form in the league is indeed absolutely fantastic.

14 points clear now.

:)

Clarkson was awful today, he was playing deep and was caught in possession nearly everytime.

I think the OG the defender tried to clear the shot from The Tank off the line and its come off Twardziks arse and rolled it.

Disagree - he set up the first two goals and had a couple of great shots himself.

Dont know whether we were outstanding today, Motherwell were really shite or a combination of both.

Great performance though - the stat of 21 shots to 3 says it all.

Thought Hartley's triple substitution was crazy and pointless. Davo and Tank got injuries minutes after the change and had either or both had to go off then we would've been fucked.

Big up your chest to the Motherwell fans today - didn't shut up from start to finish.

I though the team as whole were excellent today - much more of the pressing game we had at the start of the season.

That being said, Motherwell are the worst team I've seen at Dens this season - 21 shots to us (10 on target) to their 3 shots (1 on target) shows that the score flattered Motherwell. Dundee could easily have scored 3 or 4 more and that was without really going for it in the second half.

We got our season back on track against Motherwell back in October. After a shite run of games, hopefully this win over Motherwell again will lead us on to another run of wins.

Disagree - he set up the first two goals and had a couple of great shots himself.

Maybe awful was a bit much. It was annoying me him getting caught and has been annoying me for weeks him going down with the slightest touch on his back. Don't get me wrong I like Clarkson and think he will hit form again.

Great three points, better performance although difficult to say how well we played as it was a game of two teams that can't defend, Motherwells defence looked shambolic and a team with absolutely zero confidence and ours didn't have much to do but disappointed to lose a simple goal on one of their few attacks. Bit of fortune in all our goals but we needed that and will hopefully gain a bit of confidence for pitoddrie next week. Hard to criticise but maybe not clinical enough, should have scored more but strikers look a bit flat footed and not hungry enough, twice in the second half Harkins played a ball across the face of the goal and Clarkson and tank nowhere near it, pretty basic runs for strikers to make as Sutton showed for Wells goal, that said thought Clarkson was a bit more like it today.Three subbies five minutes into the second half seemed foolish and a bit naive from Hartley, got away with it but could easily have backfired!

Happy with the points but another game without a goal for Clarkson. What would we do without Greg Stewart? When did we last have a young player with two great feet who can score goals at this level? Can't believe this boy was playing part time football for so long.

Nice to hear Greg is doing well. He played for us for four years and for the last two I couldn't believe he hadn't been picked up. He was a joy to watch and will always be fondly remembered at CP.

Great three points, better performance although difficult to say how well we played as it was a game of two teams that can't defend, Motherwells defence looked shambolic and a team with absolutely zero confidence and ours didn't have much to do but disappointed to lose a simple goal on one of their few attacks. Bit of fortune in all our goals but we needed that and will hopefully gain a bit of confidence for pitoddrie next week. Hard to criticise but maybe not clinical enough, should have scored more but strikers look a bit flat footed and not hungry enough, twice in the second half Harkins played a ball across the face of the goal and Clarkson and tank nowhere near it, pretty basic runs for strikers to make as Sutton showed for Wells goal, that said thought Clarkson was a bit more like it today.Three subbies five minutes into the second half seemed foolish and a bit naive from Hartley, got away with it but could easily have backfired!

Spot on about the strikers runs. Pretty basic stuff about running to the front post which is what their man did for their goal which Davo should have read about 10 mins before it happened.

Pretty harsh though considering we won 4-1 :)

Eta: The tannoy announcer saying "4th goal to Dundee scored by Luka Tankulic". That guy's been on form recently.

Archived