Dismal Dundee v Miserable Motherwell

Given how relatively poor we were last year, most sensible 'Well fans expected a far lower finish this season than the 2nds and 3rds that we've had over the past few years - but to go from one of the best 'Well teams of the premier era a couple of seasons back to possibly the worst (at least since the mid-80's when I started going regularly) takes a bit of getting used to. The entire team is utterly insipid with not even a hint of fight about them - I'm genuinely struggling to think of a game where we have been the better team this season (I wasn't at the win in Dingwall in fairness).

It's very difficult to make any judgement on Barraclough at this point, although the signs aren't great if I'm being honest. He has inherited a nightmare situation and unless he is given some latitude to change things over the next couple of weeks (despite us being skint), then I can't see how he would improve things as he's had no short term bounce to speak of in terms of performance (although the early 6 points were welcome).

My worry is that both County and Saints seem slightly more likely to go on a wee run than us - so right now, it's looking like our first trip to the 2nd tier in 30 years is a real possibility...

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Motherwell, but you look the weakest/worst out of the league, great support though, I'm sure a couple of them had their taps aff as well :o. Hope you manage to get out of it, and the st Mirren and dingwall diddies go down.

Motherwell. Absolutely brutal football team.

Great fans though and sound c***s on here.

I love Greg Stewart but I still feel he takes too long to get the shot away often leading to a block. He's still our best player at the minute so maybe nitpicking.

Harkins had a couple of flashy moments when he came on but far too many of his passes were short and his free kick was embarrassing. That's why he's not starting just now and he needs to get that early season form back.

I thought Godzilla was decent, didn't have a real test but looked comfortable in the air and was a threat at set pieces. Particular highlight was a header across the goal from a corner where many players would have gone for goal.

Harris is better than Boyle. I questioned the deal but looks a good piece of business. Boyle is a good championship player and Harris was struggling so may work out well for hibs too.

Kevin thomson is a class above and is a joy to watch. Some of our fans don't seem to like him and I don't get it. He is streetwise and barely ever misplaces a pass. Constantly makes the right decisions.

Davo isn't a centre half but hats off to him for continually stepping up and doing a job.

Great win which was needed for a confidence boost, thought Greg Stewart was outstanding again today, got lucky with his goal but his all round play is top notch!

Think the Tank deserves his chance in place of Clarkson and was hard to judge KOSTA with no real threat from Well.

Fair play to away fans sang the whole game!

A lucky but welcome first goal early on was a great start. Brilliantly consolidated by Stewart following up his own shot. Then usual crap defending and Motherwell are back in! Luckily Twardzik had a dose of the drops and Irvine rifled the fumble to the back of the net. Tbh there should have been more. Motherwell were woeful, and I don't understand how The Steelmen are above Ross County and the Maureens.

The comedy gold feature that was the fourth Dee goal is redolent of the Dees at their worst.

A happy victory before a tough trip next week.

On another note thought the referee did well. We are all good for criticising them but he did well when over ruling his linesman on a few occasions. Let the game flow, red looked spot on. Thought he did well

Agree. Thomson got his pus gubbed. It was a red. And the other bookings were fair enough as well. In addition he played the advantage well.

Makes a change!

On another note thought the referee did well. We are all good for criticising them but he did well when over ruling his linesman on a few occasions. Let the game flow, red looked spot on. Thought he did well

I agree, genuinely think Madden is the best that we have at the moment.

Have to admit, I'm still reeling at the moment. Losing I can accept, but so regularly in such a half-arsed manner is unacceptable. Can't justify paying to travel to watch them any more, home games only for the rest of the season

I agree, genuinely think Madden is the best that we have at the moment.

Have to admit, I'm still reeling at the moment. Losing I can accept, but so regularly in such a half-arsed manner is unacceptable. Can't justify paying to travel to watch them any more, home games only for the rest of the season

Feels a bit dickish saying it, but am I f**k making the effort to go and see that shite. We're at tannadice in a fortnight, so I'll wander over to that dive for it, but the complete lack of effort from some of them out there today? No danger.

Another absolutely shambolic and pitiful display from Motherwell and this current squad has to be the worst in recent memory. Certain players on handsome wages are offering nothing to us, Lasley and McManus being the main culprits, the latter's attitude is stinking.

The only thing that will save us from the drop this season will be St.Mirren and County failing to be any less shire than we are, something which is hard to believe could be possible.

The club is a shambles from top to bottom and although its still early days, I have serious doubts over whether Baraclough is the right man to kick the backsides required in order for us to stay up. If anything, we have got worse since he arrived and the players look even less disorganised and disinterested as they did before.

Grim, grim times at Fir Park.

We are brutal, on this form relegation is a certainty.

Well fluked two wins against the bottom club, one against Dundee United who battered them 0-1, and beat the second bottom club 2-1.

I'd say you are actually fortunate to have as many points as you have already.

Seeing Saints against Aberdeen after watching Well play them last week, I think we are a better team.

The next three weeks, and who Saints, Well and RC sign will probably determine who wins the Mini League of Crap.

Considering the technical problems Kenny had to put up with he did well to get that much out.

The guy in charge of The Dark Blue forum gave a minute by minute account of the match on the match thread.

f**k knows how he managed to type that quick but it was excellent.

rambling syd rumpo, on 10 Jan 2015 - 20:16, said:

Considering the technical problems Kenny had to put up with he did well to get that much out.

TheDarkBlues manages to do it well, and at pace.

Archived