Dismal Dundee v Miserable Motherwell

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate was at the front of the South Enclosure screaming for Gowser to step back and not get involved - one of these times he's going to get carded as well.

I fucking love Paul McGowan, absolute nutjob. :lol:

Just watching the highlights. Reminded me of our last game against United. Maybe little doubt about who deserved to win but there was an element of luck/horrendous mistake about all of our goals.

As for the sending off - by the letter of the law it's a red but Thomo - maybe it's what you've got to do but he was hardly touched.

I suppose it's events levelling themselves out and we will take all the breaks we can get, obviously.

Just watching the highlights. Reminded me of our last game against United. Maybe little doubt about who deserved to win but there was an element of luck/horrendous mistake about all of our goals.

As for the sending off - by the letter of the law it's a red but Thomo - maybe it's what you've got to do but he was hardly touched.

I suppose it's events levelling themselves out and we will take all the breaks we can get, obviously.

The boys elbowed him in the face. Most of our players would have stayed up and he'd have got nothing or maybe a booking. Thomson has gone down, he's been sent off and we have cemented 3 invaluable points.

For years Dundee have been far too nice and it's been our downfall, Thomson shouldn't be getting any grief for this, the player that has deliberately tried to hit an opponent in the face should. There is no simulation from thommo, he just made sure the referee made the correct decision.

Having now seen the highlights (I hadn't when I said Davo wasn't at fault) I agree he should have done better. That said it was a good run from Sutton. I still think Irvine was mostly at fault but agree Davidson could have done better, and possibly Bain too.

What a bullet we dodged with that Motherwell keeper. How he didn't save that first goal is beyond me, he set himself well after the deflection but then decided to pause before diving too late. And the 3rd and 4th were gifts.

After watching highlights, Davo looks where Sutton is, Sutton takes a chance that ball will be low in rather than back post and makes a run blocking Davo with arm and nicks in. Pure and simple, what strikers should do. Wish ours did a similar thing when Harkins was near by-line.

As for Thomson - reminds me of the famous Joe Jordan incident. Grab opponents arm and swings it up in air. In this case into himself so he can fake an elbow into face. Never a red card and quite frankly I hate that type of cheating

As for Thomson - reminds me of the famous Joe Jordan incident. Grab opponents arm and swings it up in air. In this case into himself so he can fake an elbow into face. Never a red card and quite frankly I hate that type of cheating

This is one of those times where I genuinely despair at people. How you can take the above observation from the actual incident completely beggars belief.

Sportscene and his own manager both absolutely agree it's a red card - do you know why that is? It's because it's a red card all day long DieDee. If old ecto eyes Sutherland and Michael "no opinion" Stewart can agree it's a red that tells you all you need to know.

Davidson has been excellent the last two games albeit both were against ten men so he hasn't really been tested. I do agree though, it was poor of him to let Sutton get across him.

He has not been excellent he has been average at best against two very poor sides with ten men for most of the match.

His poor positioning cost us a goal on Saturday and almost a second immediately after when Sutton done the exact same thing again.

A decent centre half would be getting to those balls first and clearing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

He has not been excellent he has been average at best against two very poor sides with ten men for most of the match.

His poor positioning cost us a goal on Saturday and almost a second immediately after when Sutton done the exact same thing again.

A decent centre half would be getting to those balls first and clearing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Agree with most of this - he is simply not Premier League standard - not even in his naural centre midfield berth never mind as a makeshift centre half. You can't fault his effort at least.

My only exception would be that any decent centre half would get to it first - I disagree. Sutton did very well there and only a top centre half has any chance of stopping that one.

Ideally you want 1 centre half (Davo) marking the man and the other centre half defending the front post, unfortunately Irvine had been drawn out to try and make a challenge so Godzilla got pulled towards the man on the flank leaving us exosed. It was a great low crss and a very good run by Sutton. No-one in particular was culpable for it but if I had to point a finger it would be at Irvine before Davo.

This is one of those times where I genuinely despair at people. How you can take the above observation from the actual incident completely beggars belief.

Sportscene and his own manager both absolutely agree it's a red card - do you know why that is? It's because it's a red card all day long DieDee. If old ecto eyes Sutherland and Michael "no opinion" Stewart can agree it's a red that tells you all you need to know.

Stewart's "because he gives the referee the opportunity with his arm being so high but I don't think it was deliberate" is hardly an endorsement of the decision just the usual support the establishment comment. In a more sober light of day maybe it wasn't deliberate by Thomson but his arm is below Ojamaa's and lifts up. Thomson then certainly makes a meal of it.

Congratulations to Dundee for winning a game against their relegation rivals when once again the opposition were down to 10 men. After losing to second bottom and scraping a draw with 10 man bottom, managing to gain 3 points against a 10 man team looking utterly devoid from any quality must really be a feather in their cap.

Congratulations to Dundee for winning a game against their relegation rivals when once again the opposition were down to 10 men. After losing to second bottom and scraping a draw with 10 man bottom, managing to gain 3 points against a 10 man team looking utterly devoid from any quality must really be a feather in their cap.

cheers mate! It's always nice to pick up 3 points in any circumstance. There's still a long way to go but with a bit of hard work we can get there.

All the best!

CB may be a total car crash of a person and poster but you have to respect his inability to "do a Lex" and go into hiding when he is repeatedly long.

CB - you continually show the sort of bouncebackability teams like Motherwell, St mirren and Ross County can only dream of and for that I salute you!

Archived