Raith v Queens

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we heard that McKay was ill we got in touch with Mother Nature to throw us a massive storm. No coincidence.

If you'd read the previous posts you'd realise why I'm surprised this is off. Must be a bright and sunny "massive storm"

If you'd read the previous posts you'd realise why I'm surprised this is off. Must be a bright and sunny "massive storm"

It may be 'bright and sunny' now but its been the complete opposite for the last 48 hours. The game was a guaranteed call off last night unless we woke up this morning to a 30 degree Celsius heat..

When we heard that McKay was ill we got in touch with Mother Nature to throw us a massive storm. No coincidence.

It's not what you know, it's who you know.

Can't say I'm too bothered after my baws retracted into my body at Cowdenbeath last week.

ETA: The RRFC 200 Club is still opening today. We'll be doing our festive raffle draw and Ipswich v Derby will be showing with Geoff on afterwards. Everyone welcome if you fancy having a few pints while checking the auld coupon.

Aye, Colvin just had to borrow a wheelbarrow to get all of that cash we gave him to postpone the game.[/quota

A whole wheelbarrow and a pay rise? He's doing OK this weekend.

There was no point in giving him just a barrow, the clue is in the name.

I'm watching you from now on, you definitely need mentoring.

It may be 'bright and sunny' now but its been the complete opposite for the last 48 hours. The game was a guaranteed call off last night unless we woke up this morning to a 30 degree Celsius heat..

I realise that but with the clubs twitter page saying it was drying out and someone on here saying they'd be surprised if it was off probably got my hopes up. Suppose its my fault for having nothing better to do on a Saturday than freeze my bollocks off at football

Pish!

I was at the ground assisting the groundstaff, imo the surface was more than playable.

When I think of some of the pitches where games have gone ahead its quite unbelievable that the pitch failed the inspection, true there are some bits better than others but unplayable? nah and certainly not dangerous.

As for the weather forecast, BBC say light rain between 12 and 1pm then light sleet and snow between 2 and 5pm.

They also said there'd be light rain between 10am and 12pm and so far it hasn't materialised, the wind was good too as it would help both drying out and speeding any flurries through.

If you ask me that fanny of a ref just didn't fancy it today and the pitch is his scapegoat. Wretch!

If you ask me that fanny of a ref just didn't fancy it today and the pitch is his scapegoat. Wretch!

That can happen, I'm sure, but the fact that the club called such an early inspection suggested they thought there was at least some doubt about it themselves.

9/10 when teams call for a morning inspection it is because they don't think the pitch is playable themselves...............ref was probably confirming their own thoughts. Most clubs clutch straws because they invariably have hospitality commitments and there is a loss of revenue if there is a late call off.

Cant believe that all the other grounds are in a much better state than Starks - interesting to see if all other games go the distance.

9/10 when teams call for a morning inspection it is because they don't think the pitch is playable themselves...............ref was probably confirming their own thoughts. Most clubs clutch straws because they invariably have hospitality commitments and there is a loss of revenue if there is a late call off.Cant believe that all the other grounds are in a much better state than Starks - interesting to see if all other games go the distance.

Any other games in the area off?

Any other games in the area off?

Looks like a fairly even split on the junior games, though there's still the possibility of more call-offs. The effects of waterlogging can be very localised.

Kirkcaldy YM's home match is off.

Archived