Platinum Membership

Bobby Skidmarks

Question

I've had £9.99 collected from my Paypal on the 2nd January, the reference is 'Pie and Bov'.

I'm sure you used to be able to tell when your Platinum membership was due for renewal and i didn't think i'd set it up for automatic renewal.

Can anyone clarify whether this was due or where you can find out when your platinum runs out. I don't want to be donating to the same trainer fund as the Clyde fan did.

16 answers to this question

The only real beneft of the Platinum Membership is to enjoy the site free of adverts.

I really need to get some time to spend tidying up a few bits of the site and that is one area that needs work.

You can see your subscription status by clicking "Subscriptions" at the top of the board and it will tell you the renewal position.

I haven't changed any of that in years, it's working the same way it always has.

If anyone has had a payment taken that the want refunded just send an email to support@pieandbovril.com and I will refund and move the account back to Gold status.

Just as well you not in charge of St Mirren season tickets sales.

Div has spent your £9.99 on drugs and hookers Bobby. It's Paisley, that buys you a lot.

And still had change for a fish supper on the way home.

I would have thought he wouldn't want to smell fish for a while...

The only real beneft of the Platinum Membership is to enjoy the site free of adverts.

I really need to get some time to spend tidying up a few bits of the site and that is one area that needs work.

You can see your subscription status by clicking "Subscriptions" at the top of the board and it will tell you the renewal position.

I haven't changed any of that in years, it's working the same way it always has.

If anyone has had a payment taken that the want refunded just send an email to support@pieandbovril.com and I will refund and move the account back to Gold status.

I wasn't looking for a refund. I just didn't think it was auto renewal before and wanted to make sure it wasn't a scam.

I see the subscription part now, cheers.

I'm not paying for the chemicals for that c**t Div's hot tub. f**k it.

BTW none of that makes sense but I'm sure I read somewhere that he had a hot tub (so last year BTW*)so I thought I would include it.

*. Technically the year before last.

I only joined the PM last month as I use P&B mostly on a laptop and the adverts were horrendous and seemed to be getting worse.

Been worth every penny and the I find the added bonus of free booze and discounted hookers has really made it value for money.

There's an additional platinum forum but it's never used. You don't get any adverts when you go platinum, that's the only benefit it seems.

To be honest I wasn't actually going to renew it.

If I remember right you have to switch off the continuous payment option via your paypal account. That way it doesn't go out automatically.

What's the difference with paying the tenner a year, less adverts?

I'd assume this site makes most of its profits from advertising, but could be a significant amount via subscriptions also.

There's an additional platinum forum but it's never used. You don't get any adverts when you go platinum, that's the only benefit it seems.

To be honest I wasn't actually going to renew it.

I've had £9.99 collected from my Paypal on the 2nd January, the reference is 'Pie and Bov'.

I'm sure you used to be able to tell when your Platinum membership was due for renewal and i didn't think i'd set it up for automatic renewal.

Can anyone clarify whether this was due or where you can find out when your platinum runs out. I don't want to be donating to the same trainer fund as the Clyde fan did.

What's the difference with paying the tenner a year, less adverts?

I'd assume this site makes most of its profits from advertising, but could be a significant amount via subscriptions also.

I was a PM once but found the forums to be a bit shit. I was reminded of it being due and cancelled. This was about 2012ish so it must have changed.

What's the trainer fund?

Ther extra forums are a bit pish but having no adverts is probably worth it, i'm sure you used to have a date beside your profile when you run out. I just want to make sure its Div topping up his account after a heavy Christmas and not this thread

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/185540-dodgy-web-sites-that-dont-look-it/?hl=%2Bvisa+%2Btrainers

I was a PM once but found the forums to be a bit shit. I was reminded of it being due and cancelled. This was about 2012ish so it must have changed.

What's the trainer fund?

Archived