ere a product you don't buy because of the adverts?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio Forth has an advert for a roofing company which is endorsed by Scott Hastings. I would never use them because I can't stand him.

I saw him on a couple of referendum debates, and he was an ignorant, arrogant obnoxious p***k on them. I think it's kinda stupid for any company to align themselves with anyone who was so prominent in the debate (either YES or NO) because you'll be potentially alienating approximately half of the population

Ex public school rugby player an ignorant arrogant obnoxious p***k? Wha wid have thocht it? :huh:

I gave up eating a certain chocolate and peanut bar for years because they changed the name. Only recently did I find out that the bar was named "Snickers" after Forrest Mars favourite racehorse.

Ex public school rugby player an ignorant arrogant obnoxious p***k? Wha wid have thocht it? :huh:

I gave up eating a certain chocolate and peanut bar for years because they changed the name. Only recently did I find out that the bar was named "Snickers" after Forrest Mars favourite racehorse.

It was actually the family horse from the Mars family.

Any company that cold calls. If it's not automated, I'll ask the name of the company and tell them I keep a list, and by cold calling they've just ruled themselves out of ever getting any business from me. I don't actually keep one, but it seems to disappoint the agents, which is good enough.

I've never actually understood the rationale behind it anyway - has anyone ever got one and said "Glad you phoned - I was just thinking about getting a conservatory...?"

Any company that cold calls. If it's not automated, I'll ask the name of the company and tell them I keep a list, and by cold calling they've just ruled themselves out of ever getting any business from me. I don't actually keep one, but it seems to disappoint the agents, which is good enough.

I've never actually understood the rationale behind it anyway - has anyone ever got one and said "Glad you phoned - I was just thinking about getting a conservatory...?"

I haven't had a conservatory cold call since I asked them how much scaffolding they'd need for my 3rd storey flat.

Aye, I lived on the 24th floor at the time.

Pepsi fucking hate the brand, all show no taste.

I love Coke the peoples drinks

Coke = Medicine to the sick, check it out. (why can't we get medicine & food to the poor, but everyone drinking Coke?)

Pepsi fucking hate the brand, all show no taste.

I love Coke the peoples drinks

Coke = Medicine to the sick, check it out. (why can't we get medicine & food to the poor, but everyone drinking Coke?)

Maybe cause of their awful H2NO campaign?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H2NO

No adverts annoy me really, if they're annoying you they are doing a good job might do your nut in but it's usually the 1st place you think of, we buy any car, go compare etc.

On a different note I feel everybody should buy there doors and windows from Sidey, advert on the radio is definitely Tayside famous.

Who can make your windows doors and conservatories... :P

DFS winter ,spring, summer ,autumn ,Christmas , Bar Mitzvah Sale. Fek. How many sales can you have. Also hated the Phones 4 U ads. But that doesn't matter anymore.

Archived