The Title

HibeeJibee

HJ, the LL twitter feed says city can win the league at there next league game. Is this possible? How many games have WW got before then?

I don't think City can win the league till the groundhop weekend at the earliest, when they play on March 22nd... They certainly can't win it v Ed Uni on March 14th.

Whitehill play BSCG on March 11th (drought weather permitting...), then Gretna on March 17th, then EK in the groundhop on March 20th.

Gretna play Selkirk next Saturday, then Whitehill as mentioned, then City on March 28th.

East Kilbride plays Dalbeattie on March 14th, then Selkirk on March 17th, then Whitehill as mentioned.

Note that EK, Whitehill and Gretna all play each other so it's impossible for them all to drop full points, although equally it reduces the chances of someone keeping winning.

At a guess it could be late March/early April when the supposedly inevitable happens.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers rab. Even then they surely any win it if you played and lost. You'd still be able to get 54?

That sounds right SN ... we've got Gretna away (Tues 17) and East Kilbride (Fri 20) the week after so need some big results to stretch out a few weeks.

Full league card today, albeit BSCG once again waterlogged. Edinburgh City won, and the next few teams below them all lost or drew.

City are now on 50pts. Maximums the teams below them can reach are:

Gretna - 54pts

EK - 54pts

Spartans - 51pts

Stirling - 52pts

Whitehill - 57pts

So not all hope is lost on us to retain our title, cheers for the update HJ.

"I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour"

Grimbo

Grimbo

Don't cancel the open top bus just yet Grimbo ...

no problem Cicero. I asked Craig at the Spartans game and he hadn't any info as to Ed City re arranged date. but seems my opinion must have ruffled a few feathers - never mind back to me pigeons.

From what I hear coming out of Gretna you are correct it's a "one man band" and seemingly if anyone has the audacity to voice an opinion they go in the "cream puff" ....the pitch looks as if it's in a poor condition compared to a couple of seasons ago and in general the "fixtures and fittings" are falling down round about them but according to my "snitch" if you make any constructive comments the "stock" reply is ...DO IT YOURSELF....at least the are better on the park and just as well...

From what I hear coming out of Gretna you are correct it's a "one man band" and seemingly if anyone has the audacity to voice an opinion they go in the "cream puff" ....the pitch looks as if it's in a poor condition compared to a couple of seasons ago and in general the "fixtures and fittings" are falling down round about them but according to my "snitch" if you make any constructive comments the "stock" reply is ...DO IT YOURSELF....at least the are better on the park and just as well...

The AGM was last month. You could have aired all you grievances out then. You would have got an answer there and then to all your concerns in front of all the other members who attended.

Although you couldn't have hidden behind an old trumpet player's nickname.

The AGM was last month. You could have aired all you grievances out then. You would have got an answer there and then to all your concerns in front of all the other members who attended.

Amazing how many experts there are out there Cic who'll come along and drink beer and eat pies. No willing to help oot but will moan about those who do.

Full league card today, albeit BSCG once again waterlogged. Edinburgh City won, and the next few teams below them all lost or drew.

City are now on 50pts. Maximums the teams below them can reach are:

Gretna - 54pts

EK - 54pts

Spartans - 51pts

Stirling - 52pts

Whitehill - 57pts

Grimbo

What difference does it make?

It makes none - the Anvils and Spartans hopes are gone.

And the Lilywhites must be looking very smug tonight.

Just do your best and don't worry. ;)

Amazing how many experts there are out there Cic who'll come along and drink beer and eat pies. No willing to help oot but will moan about those who do.

Every organisation/society/club/association is like that. (Drinking tea and eating sandwiches in lieu of beer and pies in the organisations etc I belong to, but otherwise 100%)

Every organisation/society/club/association is like that. (Drinking tea and eating sandwiches in lieu of beer and pies in the organisations etc I belong to, but otherwise 100%)

I was at a 2nd birthday party yesterday morning and the volunteer who runs the church hall was saying exactly the same thing.

yesterday's Spartans programme cover has reminded me of a Smiths' song: Paint an ugly picture... :P

If you must plagiarize or take on loan, get the fecker right, it's VULGAR, you sweet & tender hooligan.

Grimbo

....and you were named Cicero from birth??.....I take I was ill informed then...AGM's you are promised the earth and delivered nothing.

It's a foregone conclusion that Edinburgh City are going to win the title but up until a few games ago I thought Gretna 2008 were going to get second place. What has happened to them of late they seem to be throwing points away all over the place and will now be lucky to maintain second spot?

It's a foregone conclusion that Edinburgh City are going to win the title but up until a few games ago I thought Gretna 2008 were going to get second place. What has happened to them of late they seem to be throwing points away all over the place and will now be lucky to maintain second spot?

Think when you look back at the run they went on, they didn't play many of the leagues top six or seven sides. Once they did ( spartans and Stirling in league and EK in cup) they lost the games.

There was also the article that the striker did in the national press regarding them looking to catch city. Don't think they've win since- jinxed them.....

Reckon a few punters who were confident of their each way a month or so ago are not so sure now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived