Ainslie Park painted claret and blue

Rab B Nesbit

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a reason why nae one SFL has taken a chance on him ?? Every time I've seen him he's been class. I've seen some shite masquerading as SFL strikers, he certainly wouldn't look out of place in the SFL2

Is there a reason why nae one SFL has taken a chance on him ?? Every time I've seen him he's been class. I've seen some shite masquerading as SFL strikers, he certainly wouldn't look out of place in the SFL2

Can speak for Wayne but some players don't like travelling for training etc and some players have lives outwith football that don't allow them to commit the time that playing for say, Berwick, might require.

I mean there's a certain lad at Coldstream who should perhaps be playing at a higher level.... ;)

i went along to the game yesterday as a neutral and thoroughly enjoyed the match

Spartans playing with more width, they tried each time to play into cloudies feet and the lad o donnell read it every time

You have no idea how much that sentence hurts......

Looking at Spartans record it seems to be losing goals is their main problem. Is this down to the goalkeeper or defence in general? I think everyone will concede the title to City now unless they collapse but can't see that happening. A failure of a season for Spartans....I don't care about the cup run, that is only a bonus and the LL was top priority and that has been given up without even a whimper.

Can speak for Wayne but some players don't like travelling for training etc and some players have lives outwith football that don't allow them to commit the time that playing for say, Berwick, might require.

I mean there's a certain lad at Coldstream who should perhaps be playing at a higher level.... ;)

Aye , Walters the goalie is different class lol.

Looking at Spartans record it seems to be losing goals is their main problem. Is this down to the goalkeeper or defence in general? I think everyone will concede the title to City now unless they collapse but can't see that happening. A failure of a season for Spartans....I don't care about the cup run, that is only a bonus and the LL was top priority and that has been given up without even a whimper.

Whimper my arse.

We are still going to finish up there. You don't care about the Cup run, Jesus h Christ are you mad Messiah? Not only is it a nice little earner for us, it's massive boost for every Lowland League club. It puts our League up there in lights. We are only in our 2nd season & a team from our league has a very good chance of making it through to the next round with a chance to have a go at one of the BIG teams.

Yes of course we'd still like to be in with a realistic chance or regaining our crown & more to the point having a crack at the spfl2, everyone who's been to ours know we are the club most likely to make the grade on all levels. I'm sure a few would be glad to see us go too.

The very fact that we are the team to knock bears this out.

We are the BIG team in the Lowland League, it's not arrogance. We are big enough to take the knocks & bounce back. We are big enough to take all the rubbish rumours about how big our squad is or how highly remunerated all our players are.

Even our rivalry with WW is turning more in to a giggle than a niggle these days, maybe once the panto season is over we'll get back into each other on & off the pitch.

Most teams come to our place with no chance (or even wish) to win the league. They DO want to beat us though & I understand it, when Man City were the diddy team, all that mattered was beating Man Yoo. Now the boot is on the other foot & all Man Yoo fans just want to support Chelsea.

I think Saturdays derby meant more to WW than it did to a few of our players, hopefully I'm wrong but WW seemed to be far more up for playing for the shirt & even at 10 men (see SeeThrough) were still going for it. Maybe it was just one of those days, that no matter what we had done we weren't going to add to Cloudy's opener?

Being top dogs is a hard place to be but we are doing it & just because we are not running away with the League shows what a good League it is & long may it continue, with our without us.

If you look at this from an historical position. Say in 10 years time, would it not look better to say remember when Spartans were in the Lowland League & got to the (insert whatever round here) of the Scottish Cup, rather than say Berwick Rangers eh? It's far more magical.

So let's not diss our achievements, what we should be doing is not being negative about what we haven't done this season but should be promoting & being positive about where we & e-City are in championing our League.

Grimbo

Ask anyone at Spartans and I can guarantee they would take promotion over a cup run. At the end of the day Spartans have 0 chance of winning the Scottish Cup and therefore their main objective this season and will also be next season is promotion.

Anything outwith this is a bonus. The cup run is great and gain financially, however, the league is Spartans bread and butter.

Don't be so arrogant Grim, we have won the league once in the past 4 years.....fair enough we are the big team off the park in terms of infrastructure but we aren't backing this up on the park. The league so far has been a nightmare and could go 16 points behind Edinburgh City after 16 games.

Ask anyone at Spartans and I can guarantee they would take promotion over a cup run. At the end of the day Spartans have 0 chance of winning the Scottish Cup and therefore their main objective this season and will also be next season is promotion.

Anything outwith this is a bonus. The cup run is great and gain financially, however, the league is Spartans bread and butter.

Don't be so arrogant Grim, we have won the league once in the past 4 years.....fair enough we are the big team off the park in terms of infrastructure but we aren't backing this up on the park. The league so far has been a nightmare and could go 16 points behind Edinburgh City after 16 games.

So you've finally nailed yer colours to the mast Messi :)

In answer to grims giggle and niggle it probably meant more to us on sat cause it practically fecked up our biggest rivals title challenge and brought us closer to them in the League.it wasn't long ago a certain poster said we were miles behind them :D

Oh and I think you've guessed already my thoughts on what game I'd rather win as until the league cup is all in or at least home/away its a no for me :P

See this is exactly what is wrong with Scottish football, negative, negative, negative. Any Spartans fan worth their salt would not come on here bemoaning the situation we are in, we all know that promotion has been OUR goal & it always will be until we get in to the Champions League.

We have only ever won the League once because before that we were in a different League.

Let us concentrate on the positives.

We've battled long & hard to get to here, it's not the end of the world if we don't get promoted at the end of this season.

We are still in the Cup. Let's enjoy it & not be so negative about other things. Sammy & the rest of the team will sort it, let's get behind them & leave the mockery & negativity to the many that would love to be in our position.

Grimbo

See this is exactly what is wrong with Scottish football, negative, negative, negative. Any Spartans fan worth their salt would not come on here bemoaning the situation we are in, we all know that promotion has been OUR goal & it always will be until we get in to the Champions League.We have only ever won the League once because before that we were in a different League.Let us concentrate on the positives.We've battled long & hard to get to here, it's not the end of the world if we don't get promoted at the end of this season.We are still in the Cup. Let's enjoy it & not be so negative about other things. Sammy & the rest of the team will sort it, let's get behind them & leave the mockery & negativity to the many that would love to be in our position.Grimbo

It's a total disaster if ye don't get the there end of season. :o

Sorry mate I'm 100 % certain yet thought ye were a stick on for the play offs :D

It's a total disaster if ye don't get the there end of season. :o

Sorry mate I'm 100 % certain yet thought ye were a stick on for the play offs :D

In a just & fair world we could have made the play-offs but it's sadly not.

Disaster? Like the sinking of the titanic? Get real man, no one's died, stop trying to make mountains out of molehills, it's just a wee set back at most.

It would have been nice to have won the League 2 seasons on the trot but hey-ho we are not Man City.

What was your favourite game of 2014? Was it the cup final at St Marks park when you only beat a 9 man team on penalties? ;)

Grimbo

In a just & fair world we could have made the play-offs but it's sadly not.Disaster? Like the sinking of the titanic? Get real man, no one's died, stop trying to make mountains out of molehills, it's just a wee set back at most.It would have been nice to have won the League 2 seasons on the trot but hey-ho we are not Man City.What was your favourite game of 2014? Was it the cup final at St Marks park when you only beat a 9 man team on penalties? ;)Grimbo

I'm gonnae have to stop posting when I've had a drink (or two) :D

2014 like the sinking of the titanic is confined to history whereas the winners of the 14/15 Lowland league will create it via a play off.

Sadly on your part,yous thought yous had it sewn up,still time though now where's the fat lady ;)

I'm gonnae have to stop posting when I've had a drink (or two) :D

2014 like the sinking of the titanic is confined to history whereas the winners of the 14/15 Lowland league will create it via a play off.

Sadly on your part,yous thought yous had it sewn up,still time though now where's the fat lady ;)

It might be history but there's plenty of teams out there that would give their high teeth to have it.

If we were in the British Premier League we'd be in a Champions League spot, we are still in the biggest domestic Cup & we are top of the group in the Lowland League Cup above both WW & e-City, if that too you is a disastrous season then I'll take a 1/2 pint of whatever you were drinking.

Grimbo

It might be history but there's plenty of teams out there that would give their high teeth to have it.If we were in the British Premier League we'd be in a Champions League spot, we are still in the biggest domestic Cup & we are top of the group in the Lowland League Cup above both WW & e-City, if that too you is a disastrous season then I'll take a 1/2 pint of whatever you were drinking.Grimbo

Yes plenty teams would give their teeth yours included there's only one team in the driving seat just now :P

Like how you say British and Champions league spot. Did nae know Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland qualified for the Champions league in 3rd place :D

The league cup isn't that just an experimental reserve cup heh heh ;)

Whimper my arse.

We are still going to finish up there. You don't care about the Cup run, Jesus h Christ are you mad Messiah? Not only is it a nice little earner for us, it's massive boost for every Lowland League club. It puts our League up there in lights. We are only in our 2nd season & a team from our league has a very good chance of making it through to the next round with a chance to have a go at one of the BIG teams.

Yes of course we'd still like to be in with a realistic chance or regaining our crown & more to the point having a crack at the spfl2, everyone who's been to ours know we are the club most likely to make the grade on all levels. I'm sure a few would be glad to see us go too.

The very fact that we are the team to knock bears this out.

We are the BIG team in the Lowland League, it's not arrogance. We are big enough to take the knocks & bounce back. We are big enough to take all the rubbish rumours about how big our squad is or how highly remunerated all our players are.

Even our rivalry with WW is turning more in to a giggle than a niggle these days, maybe once the panto season is over we'll get back into each other on & off the pitch.

Most teams come to our place with no chance (or even wish) to win the league. They DO want to beat us though & I understand it, when Man City were the diddy team, all that mattered was beating Man Yoo. Now the boot is on the other foot & all Man Yoo fans just want to support Chelsea.

I think Saturdays derby meant more to WW than it did to a few of our players, hopefully I'm wrong but WW seemed to be far more up for playing for the shirt & even at 10 men (see SeeThrough) were still going for it. Maybe it was just one of those days, that no matter what we had done we weren't going to add to Cloudy's opener?

Being top dogs is a hard place to be but we are doing it & just because we are not running away with the League shows what a good League it is & long may it continue, with our without us.

If you look at this from an historical position. Say in 10 years time, would it not look better to say remember when Spartans were in the Lowland League & got to the (insert whatever round here) of the Scottish Cup, rather than say Berwick Rangers eh? It's far more magical.

So let's not diss our achievements, what we should be doing is not being negative about what we haven't done this season but should be promoting & being positive about where we & e-City are in championing our League.

Grimbo

I take back my quote earlier that grim is awright. I wonder who got planning permission to put the flag up on grims pedestal on sat as his ramblings here come across as a bitter young man. Is there anything more condescending than someone telling u it means more to one team winning than it does to another.

Yes plenty teams would give their teeth yours included there's only one team in the driving seat just now :P Like how you say British and Champions league spot. Did nae know Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland qualified for the Champions league in 3rd place :D The league cup isn't that just an experimental reserve cup heh heh ;)

You obviously don't watch the EPL via various nefarious tv channels, if you had you'd have got the joke. Never mind.

To reiterate, the season will have been a slight setback should we not make the play-offs BUT if you take the positives, we have finished in a decent top position of a very competitive league. We have finished higher than every other team from that very competitive League in the Big Scottish Cup. We have finished above WW & e-City (by beating both those clubs, oh & so far we are the only club from our League to have beaten e-City) in our Group stage of the Lowland League Cup. We are currently sitting 3rd in the League.

So if that's a disastrous season then once again, there's plenty of teams in our league that wish theirs had been so bad. Comprende? :lol:

Try to visualise your own team in our position & you might see the positive side effects. :P

Grimbo

I take back my quote earlier that grim is awright. I wonder who got planning permission to put the flag up on grims pedestal on sat as his ramblings here come across as a bitter young man. Is there anything more condescending than someone telling u it means more to one team winning than it does to another.

I allowed the flag up for a giggle, it won't be happening again though, f**k yous. :P

OK I accept my statement on not every team being in a position to win the league may be condescending & I apologise to WW but I still stand by it, yous aint gonna win the League. :1eye

Grimbo

Archived