Ainslie Park painted claret and blue

Rab B Nesbit

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this place is a constant love in now with respect and back slapping amoungst all teams ,and while grim comes across as awright,il always detest the buggers....so results like today make me happy happy happy. Oh and u can stick gala into my detest box although that has mellowed following there barren years.......that's just how it is

I know this place is a constant love in now with respect and back slapping amoungst all teams ,and while grim comes across as awright,il always detest the buggers....so results like today make me happy happy happy. Oh and u can stick gala into my detest box although that has mellowed following there barren years.......that's just how it is

Missed a great performance today magoo, went behind in 2 mins and looked like a hammering, absolute screamer of an equaliser from Summy, then well on top and scored the 3rd with 10 men.

Although my master stroke to wind us up worked in the 1st minute & we scored. Our over-all team play lacked our winning formula from the last couple of games.

The 2 chess masters met up again today & whilst Sammy got a terrific checkmate up at Rosewell a fortnight ago. Mickey got his own back on our chess board today. Both teams were missing a few best pieces. But we seemed to play our knights against their horses & they galloped past our awkward moves.

Edinburgh castle was invaded & our king took a beating, maybe our game plan is the Cup but I still have a wee hope of the League & if it's that we are still building for it for next season then so be it.

We are better than that display today, we all know that, that's probably WW's best performance, not that I've seen that many, it was certainly their best performance against us.

Bruised & bothered but tomorrow I'll bounce back.

Grimbo

Although my master stroke to wind us up worked in the 1st minute & we scored. Our over-all team play lacked our winning formula from the last couple of games.

The 2 chess masters met up again today & whilst Sammy got a terrific checkmate up at Rosewell a fortnight ago. Mickey got his own back on our chess board today. Both teams were missing a few best pieces. But we seemed to play our knights against their horses & they galloped past our awkward moves.

Edinburgh castle was invaded & our king took a beating, maybe our game plan is the Cup but I still have a wee hope of the League & if it's that we are still building for it for next season then so be it.

We are better than that display today, we all know that, that's probably WW's best performance, not that I've seen that many, it was certainly their best performance against us.

Bruised & bothered but tomorrow I'll bounce back.

Grimbo

play like that against the wee Rangers and your screwed sorry I couldn't meet you today my lift was late didn't get there till 2.45pm a word from Peter and his merry men EASY PEEZY !!!!

I think our boys had had a better Hogmanay than your lot. Had we been on our usual game all those missed chances would have been in, yous only had 3 or 4 clear chances & 3 went in, not our day, the fitba gods abandoned us.

Grimbo

There was a Whitehill interloper in the Club watching the Derby and enjoying our fine hospitality. Upon their departure for the council facility at Ainslie Park we wished them well for the game and then toasted their health in his absence as the result came through. Who was this interloper? Well, my lips are sealed..

post-12982-0-94838800-1420331830_thumb.j

unfortunately it wasn't her :(

i went along to the game yesterday as a neutral and thoroughly enjoyed the match

two very good footballing sides and plenty of skill, and endeavour, the match was played a good tempo first half and second it did drop a bit,from what I saw Spartans midfield had better players but I thought the front third of the pitch , whitehill were superior, the no 10 sommervile I thought drag the Spartans center half all over the pack which the created space for midfield runners to run into

Spartans meanwhile had plenty possession but like the football,, it does not win you games, I thought they played straight into whitehill,s hand, the whitehill back four were very compact and apart from the right back who was up and down the park, the left and two center halves were narrow and rather than Spartans playing with more width, they tried each time to play into cloudies feet and the lad o donnell read it every time, even when it was played diagonal ,, it was always towards whitehills right back who was very quick

standout players for Spartans - john grant, and beesley

whitehill- wayne mac, sommerville, o donell and andy martin

I have heard a lot of negative things regards the boy McIntosh , but I thought he was very good , not only in his footballing ability but also his tactical awareness, his workrate, his desire to get back in shape and also kept encouraging all the guys around, so really surprised me as all I have ever heard was he is daft so and so, but that's two games I have seen him now and he has been superb

all the best to both teams but I think Gretna , city or whtehiil to win the league

i went along to the game yesterday as a neutral and thoroughly enjoyed the match

two very good footballing sides and plenty of skill, and endeavour, the match was played a good tempo first half and second it did drop a bit,from what I saw Spartans midfield had better players but I thought the front third of the pitch , whitehill were superior, the no 10 sommervile I thought drag the Spartans center half all over the pack which the created space for midfield runners to run into

Spartans meanwhile had plenty possession but like the football,, it does not win you games, I thought they played straight into whitehill,s hand, the whitehill back four were very compact and apart from the right back who was up and down the park, the left and two center halves were narrow and rather than Spartans playing with more width, they tried each time to play into cloudies feet and the lad o donnell read it every time, even when it was played diagonal ,, it was always towards whitehills right back who was very quick

standout players for Spartans - john grant, and beesley

whitehill- wayne mac, sommerville, o donell and andy martin

I have heard a lot of negative things regards the boy McIntosh , but I thought he was very good , not only in his footballing ability but also his tactical awareness, his workrate, his desire to get back in shape and also kept encouraging all the guys around, so really surprised me as all I have ever heard was he is daft so and so, but that's two games I have seen him now and he has been superb

all the best to both teams but I think Gretna , city or whtehiil to win the league

Wayne is a great player and a great guy off the park too.I bet if u ask any player thats played with him they would say the same.

Think the perception off Wayne Is from his younger days. For the last good few seasons he has been a constant goalscorer and is well thought off both on and off the park by both players and supporters

Think the perception off Wayne Is from his younger days. For the last good few seasons he has been a constant goalscorer and is well thought off both on and off the park by both players and supporters

Daft as a brush :lol::lol::lol:

post-23798-0-75059700-1420401827_thumb.j

Archived