Hibs offer Ched Evans a contract

~~~

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that bothers me most about this is not about if he's guilty of rape or not its the amount of people who this has no effect on what so ever sticking their beaks in and making life so much harder for all concerned. 60000 signing a petition for Oldham Athletic is just a joke, that many people don't give a f**k about league one football in general and are just exercising their right to kick up fuss. If Oldham want a player to sign for them and do a job then why can't people just let it get on as it has no effect on their lives what so ever as Oldham are a team not many people care about

The thing that bothers me most about this is not about if he's guilty of rape or not its the amount of people who this has no effect on what so ever sticking their beaks in and making life so much harder for all concerned. 60000 signing a petition for Oldham Athletic is just a joke, that many people don't give a f**k about league one football in general and are just exercising their right to kick up fuss. If Oldham want a player to sign for them and do a job then why can't people just let it get on as it has no effect on their lives what so ever as Oldham are a team not many people care about

I find it quite staggering that between 60 and 70,000 people took the time to go and sign a petition against him joining yet only 4,500 take the time to go and pay money to watch Oldham. Massively hypocritical imo

How would that conversation go if it was a street petition for instance?

"Hi there, would you like to sign this petition to stop convicted rapist Ched Evans joining Oldham?"

"Definitely, its an absolute disgrace that they are even considering signing him. Ive been on the internet and social media letting everyone know how strongly i feel about this and i consider it totally out of order that the club is going down this avenue"

"Do you support Oldham and how often do you attend their games?"

"Well i dont support them no, but........

I find it quite staggering that between 60 and 70,000 people took the time to go and sign a petition against him joining yet only 4,500 take the time to go and pay money to watch Oldham. Massively hypocritical imo

How would that conversation go if it was a street petition for instance?

"Hi there, would you like to sign this petition to stop convicted rapist Ched Evans joining Oldham?"

"Definitely, its an absolute disgrace that they are even considering signing him. Ive been on the internet and social media letting everyone know how strongly i feel about this and i consider it totally out of order that the club is going down this avenue"

"Do you support Oldham and how often do you attend their games?"

"Well i dont support them no, but........

Exactly its just a joke, Oldham are a team no one is going to really care about unless they have a coupon on (they've shafted me a good few times) but yet so many people were so outraged about it when its something that won't concern anyone! Who do these 60 000 people think they are to go and behave like this and what do they hope to achieve by doing it if he isn't doing anything illegal?! The abuse and threats received by Oldham was worse than what Evans did

Threatening to rape the chairmans daughter was what i was referring to

So a threat of rape, which may or may not have happened, is worse than an actual rape.

I'll leave you to think that one through, throbs.

:lol:

I like throbber even if the feelings not mutual.

I like you too, i just feel i keep going round in circles in this thread and can't be bothered explaining my thought process!! I am quick at typing and a lot of the time my fingers think faster than my brain :(

Throbber you're a good lad, and tbh IMO speak a lot of sense and I agree with a lot of what you say but that statement saying it's worse than what Evans did is ridiculous. :lol:

It's totally infuriating but not even close to being anything like it.

Throbber you're a good lad, and tbh IMO speak a lot of sense and I agree with a lot of what you say but that statement saying it's worse than what Evans did is ridiculous. :lol:

It's totally infuriating but not even close to being anything like it.

Well - Evans IMO didn't go into this situation meaning to cause any harm i would assume the main thing he wanted was to get his end away with some wee dirty and what he did was sleazy and scummy but i doubt his main goal was to inflict any harm, rather than serve his own agenda regardless of the consequences

To threaten to rape someone was deliberately trying to inflict great upset and harm and is a very malicious act, but maybe a tad OTT from myself

Well - Evans IMO didn't go into this situation meaning to cause any harm i would assume the main thing he wanted was to get his end away with some wee dirty and what he did was sleazy and scummy but i doubt his main goal was to inflict any harm, rather than serve his own agenda regardless of the consequences

To threaten to rape someone was deliberately trying to inflict great upset and harm and is a very malicious act, but maybe a tad OTT from myself

You had walked away from the comment but just couldn't resist eh.

I think the term here is 'stop digging'.

Archived