Dundee FC v Ross County 4/1/15

Moving swiftly on from that odd game today..

We welcome Ross County to Dens this Sunday and should we lose then I'll really start to worry. We've been on a bad run for a wee while now and this is the kind of game we should be looking to win to get things back on track. Could probably benefit from a longer break than only 3 days but them's the breaks. Won't bother making a prediction, just win please!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we looked a bit better at 442 today, perhaps with someone other than Boyle in that role on Sunday though. Beginning to lose hope on the boy. I think having 2 strikers gives the opposition back 4 more to think about which should hopefully give our wingers a bit more space when attacking. Saying that, do we really have any wingers?

Can we expect to see a whole new Ross County team by then now that the window is open?

Watch the DVD post mortem on Monday morning. Work on defensive positioning. Teach Gary Irvine how to weight a pass/cross without overhitting it by about 30 yards. Tell the players to keep one-footed players on their weaker foot. Get Clarkson benched. Get Tank on from the start. Bingo - there's yer dinner - 3-0 home win.

We should just buy some of the best players from the wee teams in the league. Shouldn't cost too much.

Do St Mirren have any best players? I would take the wee guy that scored the second against us and that's it.

Watch the DVD post mortem on Monday morning. Work on defensive positioning. Teach Gary Irvine how to weight a pass/cross without overhitting it by about 30 yards. Tell the players to keep one-footed players on their weaker foot. Get Clarkson benched. Get Tank on from the start. Bingo - there's yer dinner - 3-0 home win.

I wish it was as easy as that... I'd play Clarkson instead of Tankulic. I don't think he's going to turn into a goal machine because he's now scored one league goal.

Clarkson's been brutal for a few games now. I subscribe to the policy that you're only as good as your last game, and Clarkson was a statue. Didn't win a header, didn't link up, didn't have a good first touch and didn't pass the ball well and didn't offer much movement.

Tankulic to start and hopefully it'll give Clarkson the kick up the arse that Tank seems to have had over his past couple of appearances.

May be jumping the gun a bit to drop Clarkson, think that would hurt his confidence quite a bit too. Persist with him until about 60 mins unless he scores/has some sort of influence on the game. I agree he's one of these players who doesn't really do much except score, which is fine when he does score, but that's not been happening and there's nothing else to redeem him.

Also would like to see Carreiro given some game time too. He gets his head up and runs at goal. I don't know another player in our squad that does that. Maybe just the fearlessness of youth.

I wish it was as easy as that... I'd play Clarkson instead of Tankulic. I don't think he's going to turn into a goal machine because he's now scored one league goal.

It won't have done his confidence any harm. Clarkson is a pure poacher, a finisher. Unfortunately we aren't making any gilt edged chances for him at the moment and he isn't contributing anything else whereas Tank looks as if he's prepared to get involved and come looking for the ball rather than waiting for it coming to him.

Clarkson seems to have lost a wee bit of hunger, probably borne out of frustration. Watching a game from the bench might get him interested again. It won't happen anyway but that's what I'd do if I was the gaffer. Which I'm not.

It won't have done his confidence any harm. Clarkson is a pure poacher, a finisher. Unfortunately we aren't making any gilt edged chances for him at the moment and he isn't contributing anything else whereas Tank looks as if he's prepared to get involved and come looking for the ball rather than waiting for it coming to him.

Clarkson seems to have lost a wee bit of hunger, probably borne out of frustration. Watching a game from the bench might get him interested again. It won't happen anyway but that's what I'd do if I was the gaffer. Which I'm not.

I surely can't be the only person who has just clocked what 'gilt-edged' actually means?

I always thought it was guilt edged... As in you'd feel guilty if you missed it. Every day's a school day.

Archived