THE KING

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, GOG said:

1 : Miranda Hart

2 : Ranganathan

3 : Manford

4 : macyntyre

5 : Geordie girl ......... ?

Sarah Millican..... ooh I like cake, ooh me boyfriend left me, ooh I'll have a bit of cake, ooh I'm fat me blah blah etc etc

Anyway my five in no particular order 

1. Janey Godley, actively googles her name to search for people slagging her off so she can lambast them on Twitter and quickly block them without right of reply, has made a fucking career out of holding a sign up about Donald Trump, self obsessed attention seeking fucking bint, about as funny as toothache. 

2. Paul Chowdry, his entire act revolves around saying 'alright white people' ... yeah mate, you're Asian, we know.  You aren't in the slightest bit amusing though.

3. Sarah Millican , for reasons already outlined.

4. Michael McIntyre, silly scatter brain posh boy act who was never in the slightest bit amusing or talented, any credibility he had vanished when he sold out to that w**k Simon Cowell appearing on shite like BGT and presenting establishment drivel like the Royal Variety Show and similar fucking shite, comes across as a total knob as well. 

5. Danny Bhoy, comedians like Billy Connolly, Frankie Boyle and Kevin Bridges manage to take nuances of Scottish life and culture, both positive and negative into their routine and make them funny in a way Scots and non Scots can understand and laugh at, he doesn't, he tries and fails miserably, his entire act is one long tumbleweed segment. 

Sarah Millican..... ooh I like cake, ooh me boyfriend left me, ooh I'll have a bit of cake, ooh I'm fat me blah blah etc etc

Anyway my five in no particular order 
1. Janey Godley, actively googles her name to search for people slagging her off so she can lambast them on Twitter and quickly block them without right of reply, has made a fucking career out of holding a sign up about Donald Trump, self obsessed attention seeking fucking bint, about as funny as toothache. 
2. Paul Chowdry, his entire act revolves around saying 'alright white people' ... yeah mate, you're Asian, we know.  You aren't in the slightest bit amusing though.
3. Sarah Millican , for reasons already outlined.
4. Michael McIntyre, silly scatter brain posh boy act who was never in the slightest bit amusing or talented, any credibility he had vanished when he sold out to that w**k Simon Cowell appearing on shite like BGT and presenting establishment drivel like the Royal Variety Show and similar fucking shite, comes across as a total knob as well. 
5. Danny Bhoy, comedians like Billy Connolly, Frankie Boyle and Kevin Bridges manage to take nuances of Scottish life and culture, both positive and negative into their routine and make them funny in a way Scots and non Scots can understand and laugh at, he doesn't, he tries and fails miserably, his entire act is one long tumbleweed segment. 

I went to see Michael McIntyre at the Hydro a few years back and to be fair it was a decent night.

He does however come across as very arrogant.

• 3 months later...

1. Sarah Millican  - By far the worst comedian on the planet.

2. Michael McIntyre- Tory.

3.  Andy Parsons - unfunny to the highest degree and laughs at his onw pish patter before he even tells the joke.

4. Gina (can't mind her last name) -  Loud and not funny isn't a good mix.

5. Milton Jones - I can see why some like him, I just can't see it myself.

4. Gina (can't mind her last name) -  Loud and not funny isn't a good mix.

Yashere.

Last I heard, she was doing quite well in New York with a line in "I left Britain because they're all racist, and wouldn't let me be successful."

Aye, that'll be the reason. P&B probably has half a dozen funnier female Nigerian posters.

Michael Macintyre: he’s just Peter Kay for the middle classes

Peter Kay: He’s just Michael Macintyre for the working classes

Jack Whitehall: a slightly posher Michael Macintyre

Keven Bridges: Peter Kay with a nasty snide streak about him

Sarah Pascoe: Michael Macintyre for Vegans

Yashere.

Last I heard, she was doing quite well in New York with a line in "I left Britain because they're all racist, and wouldn't let me be successful."

Aye, that'll be the reason. P&B probably has half a dozen funnier female Nigerian posters.
Is that the woman who was on Mock the Week a lot and couldn't go a show without reminding us she was Nigerian?

It's nothing to do with her race that makes her unfunny, more to do with her sex tbh.

On 04/10/2019 at 17:57, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Yashere.

Astounded she's managed to hack out any succes in the US. I imagine it's mostly because there's more folk there wiling to buy her 'victim card' pish.

For a while she was never off the fucking tele. Isn't she the one who constantly appeared on Mock the Week when it was decent?

Her work hasn't dried up here because we're a racist nation. It's because her routine consisted of her putting on a Nigerian accent and shouting really loudly. The fact it was a Nigerian accent is irrelevant, the truth is she wasn't very funny.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

For a while she was never off the fucking tele. Isn't she the one who constantly appeared on Mock the Week when it was decent?

Her work hasn't dried up here because we're a racist nation. It's because her routine consisted of her putting on a Nigerian accent and shouting really loudly. The fact it was a Nigerian accent is irrelevant, the truth is she wasn't very funny.

But Nigerian mum's are strict though, get it?

• 4 months later...
On 02/01/2015 at 17:24, ~~~ said:

Janey Godley is another terrible comedian

This. Falls into the ‘gets given a free pass because she’s Scottish’ category I think. If you take a a step back she’s brutally unfunny.  Saw a clip ages ago with her and her daughter. Painful.

Another in that category is Craig Hill. His fringe show titles are always some excruciating innuendo.

Edited by roverthemoon

This. Falls into the ‘gets given a free pass because she’s Scottish’ category I think. If you take a a step back she’s brutally unfunny.  Saw a clip ages ago with her and her daughter. Painful.
Another in that category is Craig Hill. His fringe show titles are always some excruciating innuendo.
Went to see Craig Hill in Killie a few years ago. It was a warm-up show before the Fringe. He was absolutely hilarious tbh. But it wasn't like he was doing a set, more he was bantering with the crowd. He's not normally my kind of comedian but he had me laughing until my sides hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

There’s a pretty thin line between comedians and satirists. All too often the latter try cross over into the former and usually die on their arse fairly quickly. Too many of them think getting laughs for a reply to a promoted subject on Mock The Week makes them comedians. It doesn’t.  

Anyway, ramble over. I’d like to nominate Scotland’s very own Daniel Sloss. Had the misfortune of sitting through an hour of this guy a couple of years back. In a nutshell, basically just Godley with bollocks. Been to funnier funerals tbh.

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

There’s a pretty thin line between comedians and satirists. All too often the latter try cross over into the former and usually die on their arse fairly quickly. Too many of them think getting laughs for a reply to a promoted subject on Mock The Week makes them comedians. It doesn’t.  

Anyway, ramble over. I’d like to nominate Scotland’s very own Daniel Sloss. Had the misfortune of sitting through an hour of this guy a couple of years back. In a nutshell, basically just Godley with bollocks. Been to funnier funerals tbh.

Sloss is horrendous.