Talbot v medda 3/1/15

meddabhoy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only game to be at today as a neutral. Meadow worthy winners. Pressure was on them today but they stepped up to the plate, as they say. Still expect Talbot to win the league but today's result makes it even more interesting.

I thought Medda were well up for this game , Talbot never really got going but could have scored a few themselves especially in the last 10 mins of the first half and after they went behind but wasnt to be , first goal was a disaster but second goal the boy done well ,and overall Medda probably deserved the 3 points.

Talbot were disappointing but credit to Medda they worked their socks off for the 3 points, I'm sure Talbot will bounce back though.

Another pumping for meadow

Meadow have just been doing enough in past 3 or 4 games. They deserved nothing against Arthurlie at home. Then were very fortunate to come away from beith with 3 points n well n truly got their arses handed to them by kilbirnie. Talbot will batter them all over the park.

I would stop making predictions if I were you.

Don't listen to him Mad Dog, keep the predictions coming.

Looks like I've finally found a sure fire way of beating the bookies :thumsup2

Can't really add much to what most posters have said.

Stevie Rankin won tactical battle today and from 1 to 11 they were well worthy winners in the end.

The fact that Medda are out of the Scottish might be a blessing in disguise with Talbot and Hurlford still in it

Lovely afternoon for a game of football. Two of the best teams in the country facing each other on a fine looking pitch.

No goals in the 1st half but lots of good football played by both sides. Talbots Craig McCracken having a good effort on goal from 25 yds after a powerful run fron inside his own half. Medda's Ryan Deas was next to have a go from a similar distance the very next minute. Talbot should have taken the lead when 3 or 4 of their players had shots on target from very close range only to be denied by a heroic bit of defending by Medda.

The superb Grant Evans put Medda in front when he lobbed the despairing Andy Leishman from the right touchline 25 yds from goal, was it a shot or a cross ? Grant will tell you it was a shot, but he looked the most surprised person in the park when the ball hit the net.

The classy Ryan Deas put Medda 2 in front when he reacted quickest to a loose ball on the 6 yd line after a tremendous bit of skill by Gary McCann left 3 Talbot defenders in his wake his shot was partially blocked, but Ryan nipped in to slip the ball home.

Mark Staunton kept Talbot at bay with acrobatic goal line clearance. Keir Milliken also fired over the bar from a decent position.

Medda saw the game out & finished up very worthy winners.

Gary McCann along with every Medda player was outstanding but he is my MOM.

Officials booked a couple of player, but the contributed to a superb afternoons football.

Big crowd, very well behaved.

Lovely afternoon for a game of football. Two of the best teams in the country facing each other on a fine looking pitch.

No goals in the 1st half but lots of good football played by both sides. Talbots Craig McCracken having a good effort on goal from 25 yds after a powerful run fron inside his own half. Medda's Ryan Deas was next to have a go from a similar distance the very next minute. Talbot should have taken the lead when 3 or 4 of their players had shots on target from very close range only to be denied by a heroic bit of defending by Medda.

The superb Grant Evans put Medda in front when he lobbed the despairing Andy Leishman from the right touchline 25 yds from goal, was it a shot or a cross ? Grant will tell you it was a shot, but he looked the most surprised person in the park when the ball hit the net.

The classy Ryan Deas put Medda 2 in front when he reacted quickest to a loose ball on the 6 yd line after a tremendous bit of skill by Gary McCann left 3 Talbot defenders in his wake his shot was partially blocked, but Ryan nipped in to slip the ball home.

Mark Staunton kept Talbot at bay with acrobatic goal line clearance. Keir Milliken also fired over the bar from a decent position.

Medda saw the game out & finished up very worthy winners.

Gary McCann along with every Medda player was outstanding but he is my MOM.

Officials booked a couple of player, but the contributed to a superb afternoons football.

Big crowd, very well behaved.

Thought the officials were excellent today. Much higher standard than at a lot of senior games.

from the first 10 mins you could see meeda wanted it more and they got it.

for about an hour I did wonder where the first goal would come from.

in the end both teams got what they deserved.

Ernie the plan is not to rise to the red headed burger flipper he will be sitting at his screen with the KY and marigolds. As for the the game we were out thought, out played and out muscled. Left Peg I think you will find we were denied by a wonder goal line clearance and had a goal chopped off after we went down 2-0. No complaints from me except about the way Talbot played or to be honest were allowed to play. I dragged myself out my sick bed to witness that performance. I'm now tucked up with a massive problem. I go on a diet on Monday and I still have four boxes of Heroes to eat.

Strange lot. Two ex Roy players in the team. I want them to both do well , I also worked with a meadow player. Obviously i am going to come on and say well done to the team they play for.

You win loads of trophies yet still go into a major strop when someone wishes a team well after a brilliant win.

Grown men as well hitting pensioner age, guys who have seen their team win dozens of trophies still spitting the dummy out.

Poor players have to put up with them every week as well.

Archived