Orlando

scmwell

• 1 month later...

Just got home yesterday morning from a week at the Hard Rock Hotel. What a difference Lyft and Uber makes to your trip now. No need to hire a car, just wait 5 minutes and your car is there. $20 to Disney Springs was the most we paid. If you have young kids and staying in a villa, a car is probably a must, otherwise, don't bother, get an app instead.

Walgreens trip was fantastic, as always. Think I spent $200 in about 20 minutes. What a shop.

Just got home yesterday morning from a week at the Hard Rock Hotel. What a difference Lyft and Uber makes to your trip now. No need to hire a car, just wait 5 minutes and your car is there. $20 to Disney Springs was the most we paid. If you have young kids and staying in a villa, a car is probably a must, otherwise, don't bother, get an app instead.
Walgreens trip was fantastic, as always. Think I spent $200 in about 20 minutes. What a shop.

We just arrived on Saturday, my wee guys first ever holiday was brilliant on the flight. Our first stop was wallgreens too! The only thing that worries me is some of the medication they sell in there isn’t considered safe in the UK, they sell Melatonin or something in kids medication which actually increases risk of SIDs, so gotta be careful with that, but on the whole the shop is amazing. We hit the new Walmart on route 192 and had a spree, kids wrangler jeans for £3 and bought a load of shite for the villa etc. I’d agree re the lyft and uber advice, rideshare’s really taken off. We need the car because of our villa location and my dad doesnt keep that great but on the whole if you’re in a hotel its not worth it, especially as Disney now seem to charge for parking? Disney springs is good eh? Glad you enjoyed.

19 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

We just arrived on Saturday, my wee guys first ever holiday was brilliant on the flight. Our first stop was wallgreens too! The only thing that worries me is some of the medication they sell in there isn’t considered safe in the UK, they sell Melatonin or something in kids medication which actually increases risk of SIDs, so gotta be careful with that, but on the whole the shop is amazing. We hit the new Walmart on route 192 and had a spree, kids wrangler jeans for £3 and bought a load of shite for the villa etc. I’d agree re the lyft and uber advice, rideshare’s really taken off. We need the car because of our villa location and my dad doesnt keep that great but on the whole if you’re in a hotel its not worth it, especially as Disney now seem to charge for parking? Disney springs is good eh? Glad you enjoyed.

Because ours was a relatively last minute holiday, and we were only there for a week we didn't do Disney, apart from Springs. Last year we stayed at Saratoga Springs, so Disney Springs was my place of choice to f**k off away from the rest of the family and some peace, and free Ghiardelli chocolate of course. We were only there one night this year and it seemed different somehow. The restaurant we picked, Splitsville, was very quiet whereas it was mobbed last year. The shops were very busy, but no-one seemed to be buying anything either. The high end shops don't fit in with the Disney thing. Tommy Bahama is my favourite clothes shop in New York for example, but I wouldn't dream of buying it in Orlando.

Didn't do Walmart this year, but Target is better anyway if you ask me.

You doing the Horror Nights at Universal when you are there, we missed it by one night, but did it last year. It's excellent, if a bit overcrowded and some of the queues to get into the houses are far too long.

Have a blast, even the thunderstorms are amazing.

Because ours was a relatively last minute holiday, and we were only there for a week we didn't do Disney, apart from Springs. Last year we stayed at Saratoga Springs, so Disney Springs was my place of choice to f**k off away from the rest of the family and some peace, and free Ghiardelli chocolate of course. We were only there one night this year and it seemed different somehow. The restaurant we picked, Splitsville, was very quiet whereas it was mobbed last year. The shops were very busy, but no-one seemed to be buying anything either. The high end shops don't fit in with the Disney thing. Tommy Bahama is my favourite clothes shop in New York for example, but I wouldn't dream of buying it in Orlando.
Didn't do Walmart this year, but Target is better anyway if you ask me.
You doing the Horror Nights at Universal when you are there, we missed it by one night, but did it last year. It's excellent, if a bit overcrowded and some of the queues to get into the houses are far too long.
Have a blast, even the thunderstorms are amazing.

Nah we’ve got a 5 month old (who was amazing on the flight and seems to love the heat, mad wean), so parks are a no go for now, not worth shelling out loads incase he has a bad day. I know what you mean about the springs, was there tonight, lots of cars, lots of folks milling about but no one seems to be spending, I quite like that japanese shop Uniqlo, some decent cheap stuff there but wouldn’t dream of paying fullwhack in under armour and all the other shops when there are outlets 2 miles away!lol. Glad you enjoyed, the thunder last night was pretty epic!

• 2 weeks later...

Uniqlo is probably the best shop in Disney Spring. Totally agree on Under Armour, the outlets are too good to even consider paying full price. Although we'll be there for Columbus Day when the sales tend to be brilliant. 

I'm away tomorrow for 2 weeks and the forecast is looking great. No sign of the hurricanes of the last 2 years which will hopefully mean the gulf beaches are a bit better than they've been. Going to head to Kennedy for the first time and avoid the parks this year, I think, although i quite fancy a day at Universal.

Uniqlo is probably the best shop in Disney Spring. Totally agree on Under Armour, the outlets are too good to even consider paying full price. Although we'll be there for Columbus Day when the sales tend to be brilliant. 
I'm away tomorrow for 2 weeks and the forecast is looking great. No sign of the hurricanes of the last 2 years which will hopefully mean the gulf beaches are a bit better than they've been. Going to head to Kennedy for the first time and avoid the parks this year, I think, although i quite fancy a day at Universal.

I just never pay full price for anything over there when i’ve got the outlets, mrs loves michael kors bags so managed to get one for her for £80 that costs £240 back home, some great deals the now.
This is the best weather i’ve ever had here in 15 visits. Only had at best 1 hour of rain in the past fortnight.
Hate to break the news though, the gulf coast beaches are plagued with ‘red tide’ meaning most are closed due to toxic algae. I really enjoy Kennedy, just dont go to Coco beach, utter shitehole.

Got my 25% off Ralph Lauren outlet voucher printed off ready to visit the outlet in a few days. Should work out about $32 per polo so about £25 each. Silly not to at that price.

Dont forget to go to the clearance section too, we were getting some silly deals on that stuff, the vouchers normally say ‘not valid on clearance’ etc but the silly b*****ds take the discount off anyway. Cant recommend the Under armour clearance place at the top of I drive enough, some good buys there ( its not in the outlets its just before them, across from basspro shops and just behind the Nike clearance, which is also excellent, however dont buy shoes from the Nike outlet or clearance unless its the ‘Take an extra 20% off, they tend to do this Thurs-Sundays).
The only thing I hate about the outlet places is the Brazilian and Argentinian tourists, shower of ignorant fuckers, one will stand in the queue with a single item and the others will all go shopping whilst that person queues, then they’ll all jump the line and pay separately. I always tell them to f**k off but it annoys me every time. They all drag big suitcases around the outlets, anyone who’s been to Orlando will know what I mean.

• 1 month later...
I am going to Orlando next year.  Has anybody ever went to an NHL game while there. I am assuming Tampa bay is the easiest to get to?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tampa is the closest, im not really into NHL, but the lightning are one of the better teams apparently. Its meant to be a good night out. Around a 1 hour drive.

Closer you have the Orlando Solar bears and UCF college ice hockey.