New Year/Hogmanay

I'm gonna have a few beers at my old man's place with family and a few pals, then make the 5 minute wander/stumble down to the local after the bells. Every intention of a reasonably quiet one after a fairly messy xmas time but then they're open til 4am and have a band coming on at 2am, so every chance of tomorrow being written off.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more than a few hours ahead of most of you. I've tucked the wee man and his mum into bed and am now enjoying a bottle of red on my tod in the peace of my own living room castle for the evening. The years of street partying Hogmanys are well over, and I can only recall actually enjoying one. The older you get the more the new year becomes about a period of reflection and solace.

P&Bers, enjoy the night whatever you're doing 8)

I'm all geared up for a good night indoors.

Wife is making my favourite pasta and I will get tucked in about the cider or whisky later on with some snacks.

When I was younger we had one or two good nights, as others have said those were always house parties. As a young lad I remember paying a £7 for a ticket into Styx one year was worried that I wouldn't get one as well. What a tragic night that was.

Been asked to go to a few things but I really cba. House party would be fun but they're continuing tomorrow night so I'll probably head along then after watching the football with my dad. Really don't want to go to a pub/club tonight because it's going to be mobbed and take about two hours to get served. I was asked to work but I've done it before and although I got wrecked it wasn't much fun. Probably just going to sit in the house and watch TV/a few films.

I'm DJing at one of the pubs in Killie til 1:45AM then off to my pal's house party which should still be going strong by then. Got a minibus booked for the Buddies v Killie game which should be fun...

Last year was probably the best hogmanay I've ever had, flat party at my pal and his ficancée's that went til 5AM. What a night it was!

What pub?

Quiet night in with loads of munchies, beer, some decent movies and the Ps4 for when the wife decides she wants to fall asleep.

I'm happy with that tbh this year. Got a few invites for house parties but can't actually be arsed.

Aw ra best when it comes one and all.

Archived