Ross County v ICT - New Year's Day Highland Derby.

29th and still no thread for a derby. Wish we could go back to the 2nd when we have public transport.

I think the crowd could be the lowest in a long time for the derby.

Not sure how this game will go, we have a really bad home record and ICT are having a mini slump.

We may well go with the same team who played so well against Celtic, but I wouldn't mind Carey and Irvine coming in to give us fresh legs in midfield.

It is a real pity Dingwall is injured as he would have ripped Tremarco a new one on the right.

Hopefully having an extra 24 hours to recover will help us in the 2nd half.

I wonder if we will have a new striker for the game? Just like last year

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

29th and still no thread for a derby. Wish we could go back to the 2nd when we have public transport.

I think the crowd could be the lowest in a long time for the derby.

Not sure how this game will go, we have a really bad home record and ICT are having a mini slump.

We may well go with the same team who played so well against Celtic, but I wouldn't mind Carey and Irvine coming in to give us fresh legs in midfield.

It is a real pity Dingwall is injured as he would have ripped Tremarco a new one on the right.

Hopefully having an extra 24 hours to recover will help us in the 2nd half.

I wonder if we will have a new striker for the game? Just like last year

It is a real pain having to get to Dingwall from where I stay without public transport, especially when not many people are fit to drive on the first. Although I think we can take something from this, same back four as against Celtic, but who will sit in front of them? Will Jim bring Irvine back in or stick with Dunfield and kiss? (Or Brittain, not sure who was playing where as I couldn't make it). not sure how serious the injuries to Carey and Gardyne are, but if they are fit I would like to see kiss in the middle, with Carey and Gardyne on either side all playing behind arquin. If Gardyne can't play then Maatsen should get a chance because he will destroy tremarco

Thankfully cjt are laying on buses for this, got our game and bus tickets a couple of weeks ago otherwise I would have been another not able to get there with my son. Hope it's a decent game and even though there is a country mile of a difference in terms of points I actually think like most derbies it's too close to call. We haven't scored in last 3 games and county will be buoyed in by their point at parkhead. It's gonna be interesting. Will the Mallard or any of the other pubs be open on the 1st or maybe the commercial?

Thankfully cjt are laying on buses for this, got our game and bus tickets a couple of weeks ago otherwise I would have been another not able to get there with my son. Hope it's a decent game and even though there is a country mile of a difference in terms of points I actually think like most derbies it's too close to call. We haven't scored in last 3 games and county will be buoyed in by their point at parkhead. It's gonna be interesting. Will the Mallard or any of the other pubs be open on the 1st or maybe the commercial?

Pretty sure the mallards open

I'm not sure about the website's suggestion for Inverness based County fans to get to the game!

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/new-year-derby/

I hope the Capri Sun Casuals don't come face to face with the County Ultras that threatened to stab Doran. Carnage would surely unfold.

Anyway, we have sold out our initial allocation of tickets from County. I've not idea what the initial allocation was but someone has said it was around 1,000. A decent start but I would like to think that we can hit 2,000 on the day.

My thoughts also, but could be the easiest way for me to get there. The train journey for the abandoned game last year makes me very wary.

You'd be more than welcome on on of the CJT buses, 1.15pm departure from the stadium or Strothers Lane in town (TK Maxx). £5. Give a ring on 07951 309 504.

ETA - I'll be on the town one to keep you safe if you want. :P

My thoughts also, but could be the easiest way for me to get there. The train journey for the abandoned game last year makes me very wary.

Just come on the bus in disguise. Better still wear an ICT hat and scarf ;)

Archived