Another fans boycott?

With it becoming increasingly unlikely the Newco will win the league and hard to believe they can even win the playoffs, will The SPFL look towards aiding their return to the top flight?

In the event of a league size increase would Scottish football fans rally like 2012 to reject any help for these shysters?

My own club might just gain from a 16 team top flight. Still wouldn't sit very with myself.

How do we see this 1 playing out?

The Rangers fans are already boycotting Ibrox. Why should everyone else be any different?

I'm not sure you understand my point.

I'm asking if all ST holders would threaten to not buy season tix because the league were trying to help the Newco.

It's a non-starter for all kinds of reasons. The top flight have never been in favour of a larger division because it dilutes the income too much. Having Rangers back on year earlier than they might otherwise be - even if they lose the play-offs - is not sufficiently critical or important to them to be worth landing themselves a league structure they don't want.

(In general terms, if something was proposed to which I objected vehemently then I'd certainly make my feelings known to the club. Given our past and recent behaviour, I'm reasonably confident I wouldn't need to threaten to withhold any financial support.)

I'm asking if all ST holders would threaten to not buy season tix because the league were trying to help the Newco.

As much as everyone would be unwilling to turn there backs on their clubs, I generally think there would be a large percentage who would boycott. And why not?

We had a chance just the other year to expand the leagues for the better but again self preservation took over. I don't ever see that changing unfortunately but it will be interesting to see what happens if the Rainjurs aren't promoted. There's only certain people who are to blame for the demise of Rainjurs and Scottish football

I'm not sure you understand my point.

I was just trying to suggest that The Rangers ST holders had beaten everyone else to boycotting.

On a serious note- I would not spend another penny on Scottish football if things were manipulated to help The Rangers into the top league.

What we are all assuming is that they will still be financially liquid by the end of the current season and still existing in their current form.

Unless they proposed a temporary increase in the size of the top division, returning to 10 or 12 after a season or two, the financial losses through fewer games / meaningless games / and so on, would outweigh any benefits of having Rangers back 1yr early. To propose such a temporary rig-up would surely be so blatant as to illicit outrage and opposition from all quarters.

There is still a good chance Rangers will come-up via the playoffs this season anyway. And even if they aren't going to catch Hearts it seems unlikely they will finish as low as 5th unless they go into administration. And if they have gone into administration and you're restructuring so as to get the 5th place club into the top tier, then again, it'd surely be so blatant as to provoke outrage and opposition.

And any suggestion of letting them enter the playoffs, then moving the goalposts via a restructure only if they didn't win them, sounds ludicrous.

Plus the "Armageddon" line is a busted flush for the authorities anyway. Despite all the warnings there has been no collapse in crowds outside of Ibrox and Parkhead. There was no reduction in TV money from Sky-BT, and supplementary deals have since been signed with BBC Alba and for international rights. They lack a naming rights sponsor but that isn't from Rangers absence following SPL-SFL merger... What would a quickened return do for other clubs, then, beyond 1 or 2 boosted away gates?

Personally I'd be against any restructure motivated by a desire to treat any club specially.

Plus the "Armageddon" line is a busted flush for the authorities anyway. Despite all the warnings there has been no collapse in crowds outside of Ibrox and Parkhead. There was no reduction in TV money from Sky-BT, and supplementary deals have since been signed with BBC Alba and for international rights. They lack a naming rights sponsor but that isn't from Rangers absence following SPL-SFL merger... What would a quickened return do for other clubs, then, beyond 1 or 2 boosted away gates?

Yet incredibly, the shameless c**ts who came out with this nonsense are still in charge.

With it becoming increasingly unlikely the Newco will win the league and hard to believe they can even win the playoffs, will The SPFL look towards aiding their return to the top flight?

In the event of a league size increase would Scottish football fans rally like 2012 to reject any help for these shysters?

My own club might just gain from a 16 team top flight. Still wouldn't sit very with myself.

How do we see this 1 playing out?

You're asking if people would rather hurt Rangers than help their own club? To hurt Rangers, you would need to hurt the club that you have come to love over the years? I don't know about anyone else but personally, I would rather see my club do well than Rangers not..

You're asking if people would rather hurt Rangers than help their own club?

No I'm not.

I'm asking fans to stay strong and make sure any help offered to The Newco is rejected.

As pointed out in previous posts, it's highly unlikely to come to that anyway

Archived