Can Aberdeen win the league without beating Celtic?

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

on a semi related matter i'd like to see a europe wide wage ceiling and limited squad size. the idea is the best players will seek regular first team football rather than taking the cash and sitting on the bench of big clubs. with the current rampant cappitalism in eufa and fifa tho im not holding my breath

i don't agree with wage caps on the basis that there is no wage caps for executives, directors etc.... and if there was, the best of them would not work in the sport (unless they loved it of course)

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

23 is fair i think

Most teams other than Celtic don't have 23 players over 21 anyway!

If you made it 18 then at least that would ensure youngsters got a chance.......I'm not just saying this just against Celtic.....I'd make it a Europe wide rule. It would stop the big Clubs stockpiling players thus creating greater competition throughout.

Most teams other than Celtic don't have 23 players over 21 anyway!

If you made it 18 then at least that would ensure youngsters got a chance.......I'm not just saying this just against Celtic.....I'd make it a Europe wide rule. It would stop the big Clubs stockpiling players thus creating greater competition throughout.

I'm not against your plan in principle but you would never get the already strong leagues to agree to that.

Had a look and they're not, they're average is 27,0 they are one of the oldest, 6th oldest in the 4 leagues.

Forfar Ath have an average squad age of 29,2. St. Johnstone have 28, 7. Dundee have 27,2. Dumbarton have 27, 3. Peterhead have 27,1.

Now I see why Rangers have loads of youngsters in the squad, brings down the average age from over 30.

Who has the youngest in the Premiership ?, surely Accies, their youth policy is nothing short of awesome these days and their league position shows it.

I'm not against your plan in principle but you would never get the already strong leagues to agree to that.

I agree......the big Club are far too intent on protecting their racket.

FFP is an extension of this.

Is it just me ?, but aren't Aberdeen playing far better with their all red strip for this season ?, they've been playing mince since they adopted white shorts. :barf

I think you'll find we achieved an 8th place finish in 12/13 with the white shorts after three consecutive 9th place finishes with the red ones.

The McGhee/Brown era were dark days for the Dons.

I think you'll find we achieved an 8th place finish in 12/13 with the white shorts after three consecutive 9th place finishes with the red ones.

The McGhee/Brown era were dark days for the Dons.

It isn't Aberdeen unless it's an all red strip IMO, suits them better and look more formidable.

At the moment Aberdeen are a better organised side than Celtic, are harder to beat and are in better form. In addition, Deila's Celtic has so far shown no capability of dealing with even the slightest bit of pressure. They have a real chance I think unless Deila can get Celtic playing much more convincingly, and soon. We can still throw a bit of money at the problem this month, though that rarely works out too well, we have a lot of players who aren't playing anything like as well as they should be capable of at the moment.

Archived