Can Aberdeen win the league without beating Celtic?

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would shut the pusses of the West Coast brigade. Even though the Sheep are not my favourite team they are North East and it would be great to see the championship come up the road.

How much would the Westies bleat..... Worth it!

What is it with people from the East/N.East obsession with the west coast?

It makes you come across as some redneck

It's quite astonishing that we're halfway through January and Aberdeen are 4 points clear, yet there are still people and indeed sections of the media who refuse to give creedence to this being a legitimate push for the title,

Was listening to off the ball this morning and the general consensus was that Aberdeen are obviously in a title race. Which they are. To say otherwise would be foolish.

Things dont look so bright for Aberdeen this morning - Celtic effectively 4 points clear until they drop points if at all.

However there is actually the realistic prospect of Aberdeen having three or four games ahead of Celtic. Knowing this Aberdeen just need to keep plugging away and putting points on the board.

Games in hand will reduce to 1 on Wednesday but extend back to 2 on Feb 7th. Then there is the league cup semi weekend fixtures and potential final weekend fixtures to take into account.

Dons could quite easily be knocked out of the League Cup Semi and re-organise that match for February (which Celtic have no opportunity to) and presuming Celtic win their semi realistic chance that it is not only 3 games in hand but extends to 4 games in hand at the League Cup Final

Aberdeen wont beat Hamilton, and Dundee United is your game in hand who again will beat you.

Things dont look so bright for Aberdeen this morning - Celtic effectively 4 points clear until they drop points if at all.

However there is actually the realistic prospect of Aberdeen having three or four games ahead of Celtic. Knowing this Aberdeen just need to keep plugging away and putting points on the board.

Games in hand will reduce to 1 on Wednesday but extend back to 2 on Feb 7th. Then there is the league cup semi weekend fixtures and potential final weekend fixtures to take into account.

Dons could quite easily be knocked out of the League Cup Semi and re-organise that match for February (which Celtic have no opportunity to) and presuming Celtic win their semi realistic chance that it is not only 3 games in hand but extends to 4 games in hand at the League Cup Final

Aberdeen won't get near winning the league

it is ridiculous talk.

What would constitute near? Simple question like.

Obviously it will be closer than any of Lennon's titles.

Interested to know what bench mark we'd use? For me I'd say the last three years title awarded pre-split - it would certainly be nice to go to the last few games

also Commons replacement will be interesting. Hands down when he is at his best the best player scotland has seen in the last few years

Good luck to him at Bolton - understand it will be done midweek

Aberdeen won't get near winning the league

it is ridiculous talk.

Ridiculous? What's ridiculous is that with Celtic's vast resources they will just edge ahead of Aberdeen assuming they win their games in hand. Celtic should be romping the league with the money they have at their disposal, the size of their squad and the wages the players are on.

I'm sure there's another Scottish team with a (supposedly) huge following who are paying huge wages and vastly under performing.

Two cheeks. Same arse.

Celtic will win the league by at least 10 clear points

this talk of Aberdeen mounting a serious title challenge is nonsense, not 1 Celtic supporter is worried.

What would constitute near? Simple question like.

Obviously it will be closer than any of Lennon's titles.

Interested to know what bench mark we'd use? For me I'd say the last three years title awarded pre-split - it would certainly be nice to go to the last few games

Archived