Can Aberdeen win the league without beating Celtic?

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think for Aberdeen to win the league they would have to at least break even with Celtic in the remaining two head to head games, so a win a piece, or two draws. It would be very hard for Aberdeen to win the league if they were to lose both remaining games against Celtic.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the thing. It's easy to have a bit of faith that Aberdeen will perform for the rest of the season, indeed probably get better. Exceptional manager (though he is very slow to sub), goals over the park, solid defence and keeper. The squad is flexible too and have learned the winning habit.

Celtic, at the moment, are none of these things, thus Aberdeen have a fighting chance despite wage bill comparisons. Celtic losing van dijk in January could have an influence also. Regardless, isn't it great that this conversation is actually happening without being ridiculous?

I believe that Aberdeen can do it. I fucking despise the negativity with people here. There's no point being negative because you'll achieve nothing that way. Every year Celtic win this league. One day it will change. Celtic are shite right now, we're nearly halfway through the season and there's only 2 points between the sides. It should look prettier, because Aberdeen should have beat them last time round at Pittodrie. What they need to do is go into every game week in week out and believe they can win. That way they could push Celtic all the way and who knows what will happen?

The same applies to Dundee United as well who are only 5 points behind. It could be the return of the 80's. That would be amazing. I'd like to think that one title win for another team could mark a shift in power in Scottish football. It's unlikely but it would be magic.

The same applies to Dundee United as well who are only 5 points behind. It could be the return of the 80's. That would be amazing. I'd like to think that one title win for another team could mark a shift in power in Scottish football. It's unlikely but it would be magic.

The problem is summed up by Dundee Utd really. Beat Celtic last week then lose to St Johnstone this week....Celtic's ability to consistently put results together will see them win the league.

I agree though.....I'd fcuking love to see someone else win the league again.

The problem is summed up by Dundee Utd really. Beat Celtic last week then lose to St Johnstone this week....Celtic's ability to consistently put results together will see them win the league.

I agree though.....I'd fcuking love to see someone else win the league again.

Yeah, I did say that when we won. Lets just say I wouldn't have been too upset had we been beat on Saturday...and the same applies for our game against Aberdeen next week. That said, I enjoyed every bit of our late win the other day.

Yeah, I did say that when we won. Lets just say I wouldn't have been too upset had we been beat on Saturday...and the same applies for our game against Aberdeen next week. That said, I enjoyed every bit of our late win the other day.

The Diddies should take it in turns to fcuk over Celtic in the league by nominating a team to lay down to that season! :P

Wonder if it will effect what business Aberdeen do in January. If say Celtic maybe concentrate in only keeping their top players and don't make any big signings of note maybe Aberdeen right at the end could maybe do a couple of short term deals for a couple of big signings as they would anticipate bigger crowds as the run in gets closer. If Celtic spend a decent wack and get in some right good players for this level then maybe Aberdeen would be less inclined to take a punt. Given their finances are in a good place if Aberdeen are in similar position to what they are currently and Celtic still look as fragile they should take a punt in the transfer market assuming they ain't tied down with long term deals.

The winter transfer window could go one way or another. I don't expect the Dons to spend for a title push. It would be great if they did though to show their intent. Celtic on the other hand, if they lose Van Dijk that will be a big blow. Will they get anyone in? I'm not so sure.

Archived