Falkirk v Alloa 3/1/15

The part time teams in this league are no mugs. These aren't the Stirling Albions or Cowdenbeaths of a few seasons ago.

They are well organised, fit and have played significantly more football on the deck against us than Livingston, Raith Rovers & Sevco.

We may have skelped Cowden at home in the league but we've faced them 4 times this season and struggled in the other 3 matches.

We played better against Raith Rovers last week and lost. The important thing is the 3 points but we will certainly have to raise our game at ER next week. Hopefully the new striker and possibly Muirhead in for McCracken will allow us to do that.

I thought Grant looked decent today,Botti looked poor and Loy is a moaning c**t.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The part time teams in this league are no mugs. These aren't the Stirling Albions or Cowdenbeaths of a few seasons ago.

They are well organised, fit and have played significantly more football on the deck against us than Livingston, Raith Rovers & Sevco.

We may have skelped Cowden at home in the league but we've faced them 4 times this season and struggled in the other 3 matches.

We played better against Raith Rovers last week and lost. The important thing is the 3 points but we will certainly have to raise our game at ER next week. Hopefully the new striker and possibly Muirhead in for McCracken will allow us to do that.

Don't get confused, Stirling Albion are still the same old pish ^_^^_^

Time to give Biabi a spell on the bench. I think he has the makings of a good player, but he has been a waste of space for the last couple of weeks. I don't think Shepherd is a long term answer either.

Is he not still very young? Didn't look too great today, maybe a loan spell?

No offence and hate crowd wanking but 173 a good support, really? Falkirk wouldn't be near the top of my list to visit, especially at 18 quid a pop, but I'm surprised to hear any team in this league calling that a good support.

Alloa were pretty crap I thought, did they have a shot on target? We weren't great but Alston should've scored in the first half and Grant was unlucky with the header.

Grant is brilliant, no nonsense and I'm never concerned with any ball coming his way, he wins virtually every one of them. Incredible how much he's come on over the last 10-12 games. Sibbald and Loy have quality way beyond anyone else we have. Biabi isn't ready but Houston will hopefully rectify earlier signing mistakes in the next couple of days. Kerr looked pretty good and I'd start him next week instead of Biabi, 4-5-1 would make sense to me.

Time to give Biabi a spell on the bench. I think he has the makings of a good player, but he has been a waste of space for the last couple of weeks. I don't think Shepherd is a long term answer either.

Neither of them are ready yet and it's not their fault. Dire signings like Smith and Boulding mean they've been shoved in too soon. I'd loan one out if we sign a couple of strikers (probably Biabi as I think he could offer more for next season).

Marshmallo, on 03 Jan 2015 - 22:48, said:Marshmallo, on 03 Jan 2015 - 22:48, said:Marshmallo, on 03 Jan 2015 - 22:48, said:

No offence and hate crowd wanking but 173 a good support, really? Falkirk wouldn't be near the top of my list to visit, especially at 18 quid a pop, but I'm surprised to hear any team in this league calling that a good support.

Alloa were pretty crap I thought, did they have a shot on target? We weren't great but Alston should've scored in the first half and Grant was unlucky with the header.

Grant is brilliant, no nonsense and I'm never concerned with any ball coming his way, he wins virtually every one of them. Incredible how much he's come on over the last 10-12 games. Sibbald and Loy have quality way beyond anyone else we have. Biabi isn't ready but Houston will hopefully rectify earlier signing mistakes in the next couple of days. Kerr looked pretty good and I'd start him next week instead of Biabi, 4-5-1 would make sense to me.

Alston headed one off the line, and Grant had a brilliant clearance off the line after more of MacDonald's capers. Spence also had a header right at Bowman.

Quite agree with your thoughts on Shooders Grant. A back 4 of Duffie, Leahy, Grant, McCracken has not worried me, until today's first half when McCracken and MacDonald were all over the place. Maybe Muirhead coming in put the willies up him regarding a contract for next season.

Alston headed one off the line, and Grant had a brilliant clearance off the line after more of MacDonald's capers. Spence also had a header right at Bowman.

Quite agree with your thoughts on Shooders Grant. A back 4 of Duffie, Leahy, Grant, McCracken has not worried me, until today's first half when he and MacDonald were all over the place. Maybe Muirhead coming in put the willies up him regarding a contract for next season.

McDonald was all over the place today.

I thought that our support was pretty poor today and it certainly looked like we had significantly fewer than in the corresponding fixture from last season (when some of us didn't manage to get in until 15 minutes into the game).

As to the game I thought that we were playing pretty well in the first half until Falkirk scored, a great finish from Loy but dreadful from our point of view. We had a couple of chances cleared off the line and Liam Buchanan had a chance where he had the whole goal to aim at but pretty much passed it back to the keeper. The real disappointment was how toothless we looked in the second half, Falkirk had a young substitute keeper in goals and we didn't test him at all.

I was very surprised when Barry Smith took off Liam Buchanan to bring on Tiff whilst leaving Greig Spence on the pitch. Bringing on an extra midfielder was fair enough as Falkirk had an extra man in there after they had introduced Mark Kerr at half time and were dominating. I would not have taken off Liam Buchanan, however, as Greig Spence really struggles up front without a strike partner as he has neither the touch or the physicality to hold the ball up. We constantly tried to play floated balls in behind the Falkirk defence but they were dealt with very easily.

Away to Falkirk was never a game that we would expect to win but we need to start picking up wins from somewhere and at the moment it's hard to see where they'll come from.

Quite agree with your thoughts on Shooders Grant. A back 4 of Duffie, Leahy, Grant, McCracken has not worried me, until today's first half when McCracken and MacDonald were all over the place. Maybe Muirhead coming in put the willies up him regarding a contract for next season.

Alston's header was excellent but I thought Grant's clearance was absolutely straightforward. He had plenty time to get into position. McDonald should have never been given the back-pass in the first place.

173 is a good support for alloa though have you seen our usual away attendance?

I thought that our support was pretty poor today and it certainly looked like we had significantly fewer than in the corresponding fixture from last season (when some of us didn't manage to get in until 15 minutes into the game).

As to the game I thought that we were playing pretty well in the first half until Falkirk scored, a great finish from Loy but dreadful from our point of view. We had a couple of chances cleared off the line and Liam Buchanan had a chance where he had the whole goal to aim at but pretty much passed it back to the keeper. The real disappointment was how toothless we looked in the second half, Falkirk had a young substitute keeper in goals and we didn't test him at all.

I was very surprised when Barry Smith took off Liam Buchanan to bring on Tiff whilst leaving Greig Spence on the pitch. Bringing on an extra midfielder was fair enough as Falkirk had an extra man in there after they had introduced Mark Kerr at half time and were dominating. I would not have taken off Liam Buchanan, however, as Greig Spence really struggles up front without a strike partner as he has neither the touch or the physicality to hold the ball up. We constantly tried to play floated balls in behind the Falkirk defence but they were dealt with very easily.

Away to Falkirk was never a game that we would expect to win but we need to start picking up wins from somewhere and at the moment it's hard to see where they'll come from.

How often do you go to away games? There's also a few factors to take into account from your post

1. One of the games against Falkirk was the last game of the season

2. We only had one turnstile open last season, this time we had two

No offence and hate crowd wanking but 173 a good support, really?

Alloa's home support is around 500, basing it on that ratio I'll assume their will be around 1500 Falkirk fans in the away end at the Indodrill next time we play.

Replying on my phone so I'm struggling to quote. I go to pretty much every away game and have done for the past 30 years.

Obviously 173 is better than we take to the vast majority of games but I maintain that for the New Year game against the closest team in the league it's pretty poor and less than we've taken in previous years.

Archived