2014 The Year of Independence

Granny Danger

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that, I just wanted the word annus to be associated with you.

Oh look, I've done it again!

xx

Yep, good to see you try and cement that creepy weirdo title going into the new year.

I think we need to shut the f**k up about independence for a while tbh. The best way to actually change something is by being proactive and working with what weve got (ie Holyrood) instead of focusing on something that the Scottish people clearly don't want right now. Sure, we might get 48% in a referendums in a few years but if we want to actually win then we need to give it time.

The snp leadership know this. There won't be another referendum for a while - and in that the Scottish people will vote yes in a big, big way (much like the Scottish parliament vote).

Time is needed.

Those most strongly in favour of the union will pass on (links to the war, the creation if the welfare state).

The wm elites will also continue to f**k it all up. The short term decisions by those in the neo liberal consensus will mean things don't get any better anytime soon (unless your rich).

In order to change the inevitable the UK would need something massive that collectively unites people. These things don't happen very often. A few corporate sporting events and a royal baby just ain't gonna cut it.

The conditions of the referendum couldn't have been any more favourable to Yes. And still it was obliterated.

There's nothing in the near future going to make Scots voters choose to secede.

A decade from now... Or two... Who can say?

But the secessionists badly overestimated the electorate's willingness to engage with their politics of division.

It was the media's fault.

The thing that surprises me is people seem to think the Yes campaign was good. It was woeful.

Well it wasn't helped by having woeful lickspittle SNP stooge Jenkins at the helm.

I thought the Yes campaign did OK. It certainly benefited from favourable comparison to the diabolical No campaign.

Given the chasm between the two in the end even with the abomination of a BT campaign you wonder just how enormous the margin would have been had Better Together been even remotely competent

The snp leadership know this. There won't be another referendum for a while - and in that the Scottish people will vote yes in a big, big way (much like the Scottish parliament vote).

Time is needed.

Those most strongly in favour of the union will pass on (links to the war, the creation if the welfare state).

The wm elites will also continue to f**k it all up. The short term decisions by those in the neo liberal consensus will mean things don't get any better anytime soon (unless your rich).

In order to change the inevitable the UK would need something massive that collectively unites people. These things don't happen very often. A few corporate sporting events and a royal baby just ain't gonna cut it.

If the SNP are so sure of future victory in a #indyref, why sign up to The Smith Commission? and just put a #indyref in the 2016 Holyrood manifesto, with a view for one to be held in 2017 or 2018?

It was the media's fault.

The thing that surprises me is people seem to think the Yes campaign was good. It was woeful.

You've just outed yourself as an absolute numpty with this comment.

It was by no means a perfect campaign - but to say it was woeful is just moronic.

If the SNP are so sure of future victory in a #indyref, why sign up to The Smith Commission? and just put a #indyref in the 2016 Holyrood manifesto, with a view for one to be held in 2017 or 2018?

Because that would be far to soon.

Time is definitely required for Scottish independence to happen - as I made clear (and as the majority of folk on the Yes side have made clear).

Opposing the commission would look childish and immature - and this SNP administration is definitely not falling for that

Because that would be far to soon.

Time is definitely required for Scottish independence to happen - as I made clear (and as the majority of folk on the Yes side have made clear).

Opposing the commission would look childish and immature - and this SNP administration is definitely not falling for that[/quote What utter tosh, to everything you have said, SNP never been more popular, surely "strike when the iron is hot", not a given they will be as popular in 2021, surely you don't want to look back in 2024, when the SNP are in opposition in Holyrood, wishing they had gone for it in 2018

It lost by a landslide

Look who's rattled now. Ecto wanted devomax. Now he's full on seethe.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/11314342/The-insecure-Scots-have-turned-in-on-themselves-and-against-us.html

the worst political campaign I've seen

Good, you admit that. Why would you say otherwise? Maybe ask these folk...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/24/heroes-2014-alistair-darling-man-help-save-union

Archived