2014 The Year of Independence

Granny Danger

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just popped in to this forum for the first time in a while.

The Yes losers aren't still trotting out the desperate line that the No voters are still 'seething' at winning the referendum are they?

Oh dear.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seething!

The Yes losers aren't still trotting out the desperate line that the No voters are still 'seething' at winning the referendum are they?

No not at all - they also scream 'troll' like the poor wee victims they appear to enjoy being.

Oh dear.

You're a really stupid person yet you've raised the average IQ of the NO posters through your intervention. Well done indeed.

Oh dear.

Indeed. It's hideous to watch.

Still, it is much much better than Old Man Danger's awful "Onionist" banter.

Oh dear.

HB agrees mate. What an endorsement you have. That must make you proud.

I am still gutted over the result, hopefully we look back in years to come and the year 2014 will be remembered for changing the political landscape in this country and things improve for the best. Whether if this means we are Independent or still part of the UK in 15-20 years, I want this nation, like everyone else, to prosper.

I wish YES and NO voters a happy new year and all the best :king .

• 3 months later...

I read a comment the other day, I'm not sure where, that used that tired, old cliche about the SNP 'losing the battle but winning the war'. Tired and old it may be but it succinctly sums up the impact of the referendum in Scotland.

Despite losing the vote the independence movement and its main party political protagonist is at an all time high. Former Labour voters have turned their back on the party in incredible numbers and now on the most optimistic (or stupidest) Unionists think the status quo will endure.

The absolute WORST the SNP can expect in next year's General Election is a very good result; at BEST it may be spectacular. Labour have gambled on a non-MSP, Westminster-backed hack as their saviour in Scotland and there is no indication that this will pay off.

Polls suggest that people are not being fooled by the Smith Commission and that Scots want additional powers, such as Corporation Tax rates, set by the Scottish Parliament.

The clock is ticking folks; it's just a matter of time. History will show that 2014 really was the year of Independence.

Those of us that feel enlightened, no matter how ancient, are justified in giving way to a modest satisfaction at this point on the long march.

Proud, very proud.

Archived