Blue Brazil v Raith Rovers, Roker Rovers on tour

Thomson looked like a decent goalie which is nice to see. Hopefully a proper team signs him lololol etc.

Cowden have caused us bother in recent years through what has looked like pure aggression and commitment, but whatever Jimmy N has been doing to get the players up for games previously is surely no longer working. That, and a) not having those two forwards and b) having that guy Campbell playing. He looked like a Dalziel-grade signing - terrifying.

Not a game that looked like a 0-1 - 1-3 probably a fairer reflection, certainly on the balance of the first half although the chances did dry up later on. On Robbie Thomson, he made another dad-style parry save in the first half from McKeown, not just the one the angry poster remembered, and also caught a header from Ross Callachan.

I thought during the game that Mark Stewart would be the deciding factor, because the game became stuffy and congested and we were always likely to fashion a better chance on a quick counter. When he finally got that bit of space to run into in the left channel he crossed well. I like Stewart these days, I was unsure at the start of the season when he was out on the right and I always feel Anderson should be there; he also wasn't totally fit at the time.

Callachan did fine again, as did Anderson who along with Thomson took responsibility for driving us forward. I don't like when we rely on people running with the ball to get us up the park, but he did well and hopefully that will see him keep his place.

Not conceding in the last couple of games should help us going into the next match. 4 points from the two home games coming up would really suggest we've turned a corner.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I've been watching football wrong all these years, but I always thought games were settled by the number of shots 'keepers don't save, not the number that they do.

I recall Robbie Thomson making one save in the match, from the deflection off Nat so how the f**k have we lost that game? We were fucking dreadful going forward though so no way did we deserve to win that game. We could have got a draw because Rovers are as bad as us. They had a goalscorer to bring off the bench and didn't have a horrific error in them. We were lucky Stewart is always offside as we were cut open on the break in the first half but apart from that an awful game of football.

Positives. Brownlie played well and TOB looked good in his best position.

Negatives. We played 1 up top to the team 1 place above us in the league. We never looked like winning today. We didn't take the field with a team set out to win. Again we got lucky that Livi and Alloa lost so we stay in 8th. We're fucked though. Another loss at home to a bottom half team because we don't go out to try and win the game. When has playing 1 up front got us anywhere in this league? At home to Rovers we should be looking to win the game. We didn't. The manager has to take full responsibility for that.

We should stop thinking about Deano, Chopper and Kenny being fit. They aren't going to win us games. Unless something changes we're relegated. We can't keep clean sheets and don't set-up to score goals. Recipe for disaster.

We cant keep clean sheets is a point you make but saying having Deano, Chopper and Kenny (our 3 most experienced defenders) won't help in that regard and thus help us win games doesn't make great sense.

TOB was good but it is debatable what is his best position. I think he can do a good job in either.

We didn't get lucky against Livingston so I don't understand why you say that - note that was the only one of the five games highlighted where both Oyenuga and Gallagher played. In effect we need them to replace the quality that Hemmings and Stewart provided - so it was unfortunate they weren't always available. Given we have kept Kudus, if we can add one or two front men of quality then we have every opportunity to continue to retain 8th place at least and have a more attacking line up. Somebody yesterday was saying to me we should have signed Archie Campbell and/or Greig Spence but they have only scored 3 league goals between them this season - we have 4 players Oyenuga, Higgins, Milne and Gallagher who have scored more league goals than either of those players.

Let's take great comfort that we are retaining the services of OYENGUA,are still eighth in the league and privileged enough to be allowed to add to the squad.

As I say a win next week is a massive step to help our cause and I am sure the players will be told time and time again the opportunity we have to take some pressure of our team when we visit Livingston.

Yes we are fortunate that other teams have helped us by not picking up points and we would be seriously in the danger zone if they had but the fact of the matter is we are eighth so let's not dwell on what if!

Similar to last season it is very important we stick together and get behind the team.

The fans who continue to turn on Jimmy have a little reflection on

1. Where would we be now if it wasn't for Jimmy last season

2. Be mindful that having such a vocal negative voice on match day to our manager can cause serious issues on the park as players can pick up on this and cause motivation issues.

Let's stick together guys and get behind the manager. I respect everyone is entitled to their opinion but the vandetta against Jimmy is currently unwarranted.

If we were sitting 10 points from the bottom then yes a change would probably be necessary but Jimmy is currently achieving something no one has done for such a long time in a league containing Rangers,Hearts and Hibs.

Let's take great comfort that we are retaining the services of OYENGUA,are still eighth in the league and privileged enough to be allowed to add to the squad.

As I say a win next week is a massive step to help our cause and I am sure the players will be told time and time again the opportunity we have to take some pressure of our team when we visit Livingston.

Yes we are fortunate that other teams have helped us by not picking up points and we would be seriously in the danger zone if they had but the fact of the matter is we are eighth so let's not dwell on what if!

Similar to last season it is very important we stick together and get behind the team.

The fans who continue to turn on Jimmy have a little reflection on

1. Where would we be now if it wasn't for Jimmy last season

2. Be mindful that having such a vocal negative voice on match day to our manager can cause serious issues on the park as players can pick up on this and cause motivation issues.

Let's stick together guys and get behind the manager. I respect everyone is entitled to their opinion but the vandetta against Jimmy is currently unwarranted.

If we were sitting 10 points from the bottom then yes a change would probably be necessary but Jimmy is currently achieving something no one has done for such a long time in a league containing Rangers,Hearts and Hibs.

Well said again. We need to keep a bit of perspective. This is the time we need to get behind the team.

Well said again. We need to keep a bit of perspective. This is the time we need to get behind the team.

P.S Although my post on my phone shows vandetta it is appearing as Vandetta above ???? and won't let me change.

Just thought I would mention before the spelling police pick up on this.Predictive text can also be a nightmare.

Edited this Pie and Bovril don't like the real spelling of the ven word as you can see from above.

Just a wee update on the rovers fan who collapsed yesterday to say that he ok and came back for the 2nd half.He is diabetic and his blood sugar level was really low but dont know how that happened although i dont think he really knows how to monitor it himself but needs to learn soon.He wasnt drunk in fact he hadnt had a drink that day at all.When he collapsed he started fitting and i thought he was going to die but due to the help he received from lorraine and the other medics he eventually came round.Myself and 1 or 2 others had to help otherwise he would have been onto the grassy verge at the fence.The one thing that pissed me off was one of the para medics wanted to make him walk round to the first aid station at the stand but he had no shoes and didnt know where he was.I had to persuade them to take the lad in the vehicle that was there which they did thankfully and he got better.I hope that never happens again at the football no matter who is involved as it was scarey.

Regarding the game the we got the result which is what the team deserved so lets hope we can go on a run now and pick up a few more wins.The fence has to go though especially where the snack bar sign is as its absolutely hopeless trying to see the game at times.

The fence is there to stay I'm afraid BIGQ due to the Stock Cars. We all hate it but we are stuck with it. The terracing behind the goal at the Chapel Street end is a particularly bad place to watch the game unless you can stand in the raised bit at the top of the stairs as you come in.

Glad to hear that the guy recovered well. Sounds like you got a real fright.

Ok no probs but even if there was a way to take it down when cowden play at home then put it back for the stock cars would be a decent idea.I got a fright and so did a few of us there at the time but he is ok now.

Ok no probs but even if there was a way to take it down when cowden play at home then put it back for the stock cars would be a decent idea.I got a fright and so did a few of us there at the time but he is ok now.

What happened to his shoes?

Just a wee update on the rovers fan who collapsed yesterday to say that he ok and came back for the 2nd half.He is diabetic and his blood sugar level was really low but dont know how that happened although i dont think he really knows how to monitor it himself but needs to learn soon.He wasnt drunk in fact he hadnt had a drink that day at all.When he collapsed he started fitting and i thought he was going to die but due to the help he received from lorraine and the other medics he eventually came round.Myself and 1 or 2 others had to help otherwise he would have been onto the grassy verge at the fence.The one thing that pissed me off was one of the para medics wanted to make him walk round to the first aid station at the stand but he had no shoes and didnt know where he was.I had to persuade them to take the lad in the vehicle that was there which they did thankfully and he got better.I hope that never happens again at the football no matter who is involved as it was scarey.

Regarding the game the we got the result which is what the team deserved so lets hope we can go on a run now and pick up a few more wins.The fence has to go though especially where the snack bar sign is as its absolutely hopeless trying to see the game at times.

Noticed the ambulance come behind goals but couldn't see what's happening

Glad all ok

Archived