Blue Brazil v Raith Rovers, Roker Rovers on tour

Not sure what happened with the supporter but he was fairly adamant that he wasn't going in the paramedic's 4x4.

He did eventually. Hope he's alright.

Wee glimpses of what we're capable of today, thinking more of the disallowed goal which was a great wee move. Deserved win I feel.

Can any Cowden supporters fill me in on what's up with Dean Brett. Sound lad, decent player too.

deanos been injured but is almost ready to return. Think the 3 injured are playing in a bounce game on monday.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair going by chances ! Cowdenbeath would have far more happier with a point than us considering the created 3 chances on target against our 13. I'm just glad Nade popped up at the end with a deserved winner ,Rovers really need a centre forward as we are struggling big time in front of goal. Can't complain 2 clean sheets and 2 victories on the bounce as they say winning breeds confidence.

I doubt we will see anyone call that a smash and grab. We fully merited those three points today.

I've often criticise our ability to create chances, today we created but just couldn't steer them on target. I guess today was a prime example of if you create enough chances, one will eventually go in.

I guess the pitch didn't help today either, looked really, really heavy. So any attempt to zip it about was a total non starter.

As I was reading through I noticed a few digs at Rory McKeown. I thought he had a very solid 90 minutes today. Got involved going forward and looked more assured in defence.

Back to back away wins and two clean sheets, it's been a good festive break for the Rovers.

To be fair going by chances ! Cowdenbeath would have far more happier with a point than us considering the created 3 chances on target against our 13. I'm just glad Nade popped up at the end with a deserved winner ,Rovers really need a centre forward as we are struggling big time in front of goal. Can't complain 2 clean sheets and 2 victories on the bounce as they say winning breeds confidence.

Rovers never had 13 chances on target.

Well, it wasn't pretty but it was great to start the year with a win. All hail big Nads! Two away wins on the bounce. 1-0 to the Rovers! 1-0 to the Rovers!

The feeling has just returned to my toes.

Poor from us again. Just knew when Nade came on he would score, and he obliged. Must be great having a player like that coming of the bench. Need to wait to see who Jimmy brings in, and we get players back from injury.

Does it matter? He'll just leave them on the bench. Jimmy doesn't like playing his new signings.

As I was reading through I noticed a few digs at Rory McKeown. I thought he had a very solid 90 minutes today. Got involved going forward and looked more assured in defence.

Yeah, McKeown has been better lately. But there's a section of the support that long since decided he was shit and are now only willing to look for confirmation of it. He'd need to play like Maldini for the rest of the season to overcome it. A word for Callaghan too, I wasn't convinced by him for a long time but he's doing pretty well with this current run in the side.

Anyway, deserved win today. Certainly had more chances - though not necessarily better ones, and we did need McGurn to make a couple of smart saves second half.

I think that Raith certainly deserved all 3 points as they had the bulk of the game and tried to be much more positive than us. We are weak as water in attack and I hope Jimmy is indeed bringing in 2 new forwards. Never encountered such a flat atmosphere amongst those on the terracing for some time. There was almost an air of resignation from the start of the game. The last few games have been hard watches from a Cowden fans point of view and very low on entertainment value. Things can only get better, can't they ??

Archived