St Maureen vs Lolmarnock

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During one of the all-time greatest collective meltdowns in P&B history as the Arabs descended into a seething rage after we scudded them.

It must be a Dundee thing.

Pretty certain it was in the thread title in the game where you beat us so it wasn't as a result of you beating us. I know this takes away from your story but heh ho. Look on the bright side, next year when you're in the Championship you won't come across us much.

Pretty certain it was in the thread title in the game where you beat us so it wasn't as a result of you beating us. I know this takes away from your story but heh ho. Look on the bright side, next year when you're in the Championship you won't come across us much.

Is it safe from violent old men down there?

Might have it's plus points tbh.

Looks like the excuses about travel from Killie fans are a veil for fears of a pumping, imo.

Really :huh: Any Killie fan who makes the game is certainly getting :thumsup2 from me. With the new drink limit and no public transport anybody who actually get to the game deserve credit. I live in Renfrew and if myself or my wife fail the breath test then I will miss the game since an hour walk in the rain will not be appealing and the chances of a taxi is nil. Stupid to have the game on the 1st anyway :thumbsdown

In Mixus season we took 2400. I even had mates who needed to go in St Mirren end as we sold out.

Had about 800 in North Bank. There was a season maybe two years ago when we got bit of North bank too.

Aye was the 2400 one Ben Gordon's last game of his loan? We won 2-0 IIRC, Liam Kelly and someone else scored? What a day that was!

Don't both clubs usually agree to move this back to the 2nd? Pretty silly having it on the first, even if I was home, I'd definitely be struggling to make my own way to the game from Glasgow.

Could we actually win a game at home, and make it two wins on the bounce, probably not. Score draw.

Looks like the excuses about travel from Killie fans are a veil for fears of a pumping, imo.

Nice try, but I don't think you'll get many St Mirren fans slagging Killie off for a crowd w**k. They always bring a good crowd and, if you've ever tried to travel around Ayrshire/Renfrewshire without a car on a day without public transport, you'll understand why no one would complain about numbers.

The reason the game isn't being played on the 2nd is that St Mirren have another game on the 4th. Premiership clubs, more or less as a rule, don't play matches two days apart

It's an issue which only really comes around when New Year's Day is on a Thursday. If the game was moved to the 2nd, clubs would either have to play Friday-Sunday or Friday-Monday, neither of which is really great. Last year, when New Year's Day was a Wednesday, it was a lot easier to move it to the 2nd and have both sides playing Thursday-Sunday.

Back in the old days, it was always the case that matches were played on New Year's Day - was there public transport back then or did folk just tend to drive?

We win this and Gary Teale is our new manager. A draw and it's probably his too actually. He's apparently been given permission by the BOD to do business in January, so it's clear their plan A is for him to get the nod.

I can see why, him and Longwell have certainly got us playing a more attacking and confident form of football, even though we have played most of the last two games without a striker. I suppose Kenny will continue in his forward role tomorrow. Osbourne was really our only proper deep lying midfielder on Saturday, the rest bombed forward at every opportunity. Kenny was the most advanced but he wasn't playing as an out and out striker. It should be:

Ridgers

Naismith

Goodwin

McAusland

Tesselaar

Osbourne

McLear

McGinn

Mallan

Kelly

McLean

Killie haven't won in Paisley since Mixu was in charge, almost 4 years ago. I think we've got enough confidence and momentum to get a win here, I'll go for an edgy 2-1.

Super Stevie Mallan to score a last minute rabona volley from 40 yards to seal the points.

Anyone know if away section tickets will be on sale at the ground tomorrow? Not going to make the Killie shop in time before it shuts today.

Yes they will be.

Archived