St Maureen vs Lolmarnock

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going on a supporter's bus, I normaly go by train and have a boozy day! No bevvy this time though, have to drive to and from Irvine for the bus.

No predictions, I never have a clue how the team will play, except the days of scoring 3 seem like years instead of months ago.

Im not sure how to feel going into this game. I feel we could get a draw easily but also lose the game easily.

If we are to have any chance of winning this game we need to get rid of Muirhead. I feel he is not yet ready to led the line. No harm to the lad he could one day be a brilliant striker but i feel he is still too young and naive to be our main striker. I also felt that Ashcroft put in a good shift on Saturday so i would keep him in in favor of pasca and would draft in Johnston for Muirhead and move him on the wing where Magennis played and let Magennis lead the line and hold the ball up for the likes of McKenzie and Miller get onto the ball to take a shot.

Brennan

Chantler - Ashcroft - Connolly - Barbour

Hamill-Slater

McKenzie -Miller- Johnston

Magennis

Im not sure how to feel going into this game. I feel we could get a draw easily but also lose the game easily.

If we are to have any chance of winning this game we need to get rid of Muirhead. I feel he is not yet ready to led the line. No harm to the lad he could one day be a brilliant striker but i feel he is still too young and naive to be our main striker. I also felt that Ashcroft put in a good shift on Saturday so i would keep him in in favor of pasca and would draft in Johnston for Muirhead and move him on the wing where Magennis played and let Magennis lead the line and hold the ball up for the likes of McKenzie and Miller get onto the ball to take a shot.

Brennan

Chantler - Ashcroft - Connolly - Barbour

Hamill-Slater

McKenzie -Miller- Johnston

Magennis

Disagree completely re: Muirhead. He's the best finisher at the club, whose confidence is shot because he's never been played in his position. Miller should be dropped well before Muirhead, and as much as I love Magennis he needs to be played up front or not at all. Completely wasted in a wide area. Samson won't, and shouldn't, be dropped either. Not because he's an excellent 'keeper (he isn't) but because Brennan isn't close to being as good as him. Yes, he was okay in a match and a half earlier in the season, but one swallow does not a summer make. He has been fairly average for the Under 20s, and is only being lauded for the first team because everyone sees Samson's flaws but don't know about Brennan's yet.

Hopefully Chantler is okay after his knock on Saturday, and would like to see Westlake return in place of Barbour if he's recovered from the knock at Pittodrie. Eremenko might start this too, if his self-diagnosis about his injuries is to be believed. My team would be:

Samson

Westlake Ashcroft Connolly Chantler

Hamill Slater

McKenzie Johnston

Eremenko

Muirhead

Muirhead need striker next week, Miller and Magennis should rest or drop. McKenzie and Johnston winger because they pace and dribble, Hamill and Slater was well last game than same midfielder to next game. O'Hara need more chance start game. If Chanlter injury than O'Hara can left full back. Eremenko will start next game because he help won face Hamilton Accies to Celebrite won

Samson

Barbour Ashcroft Connolly O'Hara

Slater Hamill

Johnston Eremenko McKenzie

Muirhead

I agree that Muirhead is the best finisher at the club but he has yet to utilize that asset. In both the games ive seen him star in the St Johnston game and on Saturday he looked completely lost i know he is being played out of position but that is no excuse for not getting involved. He has the same problem as some of the other boys in that he is far to light weight and as such gets knocked of the ball easily this is one of the main benefits that Magennis has over the likes of Muirhead.

The way we are playing at the moment i feel that Magennis is a more suitable candidate despite lacking the finishing touch that Muirhead has. I feel that Muirhead should only be used as our main striker from being an impact sub to be brought on if we are struggling to get that finishing touch rather that our out and out main striker from the beginning which would gradually rebuild his confidence before then trying to introduce him back into the starting eleven.

However i might be wrong and he might be ready to take on the main striker role

Doubt our team will change much, if at all. Only change I can see happening is maybe Ball in for Kelly.

Please no!! We finally win a game and you want to change it by bringing in a 'striker' that has scored only twice in 21 games? Kelly as a full-back has scored half that amount in 15 games. Let's start with 11 players on the park and don't change a winning team :)

Archived