NYD Lanarkshire Derby Accies Vs Well

I though he was OK actually, bar the missed dive and giving a freekick against Crawford for a fair challenge. Can't really remember any other major incidents.

Did anyone get booked? Can't recall. Seems strange for a 'derby'.

There were a collection of things in the first half which I felt went very much against us at the time. Similarly, I was so blinded with rage at how bad we are, I appear to have forgotten them, aside from the ball probably hitting Hammell's hand at the corner.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Hamilton, who were everything we weren't, both on and off the pitch. 5-0 flattered us.

Yesterday was my first away trip since the Albion Rovers game; I thought it wasn't possible to be more embarassed post match and I was wrong.

Yesterday essentially reaffirmed everything that we already knew:-

1. Kenny Black is part of the problem and not part of the solution

2. The players are not fit (see point 1 above)

3. We have far too many players the wrong side of 30

4. We have a non existant youth set up

5. We do not have a senior pro left winger in the squad

6. Josh Law is symptomatic of the nepotism shown by McCall

7. Fraser Kerr is not very good in any position

8. Stephen McManus some how won over 40 caps for Scotland

9. Simon Ramsden is made of glass

10. Wearing expensive colourful boots does not make you a good footballer

11. James McFadden has more creativity and class in his left big toe than that whole team yesterday; releasing him was a clusterfuck of a decision

12. If we continue to sign Championship reserve players, our destination is going to be a fairly straight forward one

13. The club is completely directionless and has been for quite some time

14. The players don't care.

For one fucking season - get a grip. Accies are a shit load better than we are this season. But this billy big balls attitude is sad. Like the boxer that gets a couple of decent punches in 12 rounds of being soundly thrashed and not even in the same ring. Calm down lads. Enjoy the top 6 and kudos to you, but you are miles behind us over the piece and pretty much always will be.

You are a very angry man!!

FTW

Fair play to Hamilton, who were everything we weren't, both on and off the pitch. 5-0 flattered us.

Yesterday was my first away trip since the Albion Rovers game; I thought it wasn't possible to be more embarassed post match and I was wrong.

Yesterday essentially reaffirmed everything that we already knew:-

1. Kenny Black is part of the problem and not part of the solution

King Kenny - no good? That would be why we called him clueless then,

Well done Accies BTW, wish we had the same organisational structure, Ten years ago in 2004 we won the Second Division Championship with Hamilton in second, eight points behind us. Since then Hamilton have gone from strength to strength while we struggle in the bloody seaside league, despite a potentially similar fanbase. We need an owner with the same vision, but it ain't going to happen. Enjoy your success Hamiton fans

See fwiw, Reid and Law seem to get a lot of flak from our support. Of all of them out there, for me, they're two that I'm actually okay with. Reid had a poor game yesterday, but has ended up all over the back four, and in front of them, and has roundly been okay. In addition, always looks like he's bursting himself. When law has played at right back (allegedly his position), he's linked up with wingers and been dangerous going forward and again, bursts himself for the team.

Quality perhaps a bit lower, but high on effort, so I'm kind of okay with that.

I'd much prefer to watch a team of Vigurs or Ainsworths - players with actual ability - than headless chickens like Reid.

In an ideal world, I'd agree, but In reality, I expect somewhere in the middle. A team of quality is something we can't afford, apparently.

'Well fans seething and quite rightly so. However, when this Accies team is in the mood only a couple of teams will not conceed a few goals, we attack from all areas at pace.

Second half, for a while, it looked like the third goal would not come and had flashbacks to the ending of the Dundee game.

The full team played well, a few players have been highlighted. I would add Devlin, never put a foot wrong.

Pride of Lanarkshire? Why not? We have brought on a young group of players before and are doing it again. A good number of these home bred players did for Celtic away. We have stable management at the top and are finacially intact, have been for years.

We will lose players but will build again, take a look at the goings on in the Development League

Having felt that 4-0 win at fir park was going to be as good as it gets for many years accies go and top it on new years day by winning 5-0 and making it the happiest new years day win in living memory for me and most accies fans.I cant remember such a sunshine feeling on a cold rainy afternoon at NDP to a man the accies players were all heroes yesterday.Wee Imrie has been getting a bit of stick recently but he was outstanding in his field just like a scarecrow scaring motherwell players double his size.Tony with his french flair running the midfield and scoring again sacre bleau this is merde thought the well fans in the spice of life stand. Big Mac The dazzler Ziggy all playing supreme stuff.Mcgovern a mere spectactor in his goal as the lights went out for motherwell , wee Danny coming on and scoring the 5th made it so sweet at the end and a Happy New Year for all the accies family. :thumsup2:bounce4:bounce4:bounce4:bounce4:bounce4

No mention of Crawford? If anyone ran the midfield yesterday it was him. I actually thought our one poor player was Mackinnon. I see The Sun deservedly gave Crawford a 9, Record only 7. Sun has had Ali on three goals for months strangely but that's him now got seven.

No mention of Crawford? If anyone ran the midfield yesterday it was him. I actually thought our one poor player was Mackinnon. I see The Sun deservedly gave Crawford a 9, Record only 7. Sun has had Ali on three goals for months strangely but that's him now got seven.

The player Ali has turned into is phenomanol, I remember not so long ago he was not liked by a vast majority of fans, I even remember him getting jeered when being subbed, Devlin has been good recently aswell as has hendrie, ziggys a class act, gils on his day is a good player, but still frustrates at times, albeit hes played out of position alot

The player Ali has turned into is phenomanol, I remember not so long ago he was not liked by a vast majority of fans, I even remember him getting jeered when being subbed, Devlin has been good recently aswell as has hendrie, ziggys a class act, gils on his day is a good player, but still frustrates at times, albeit hes played out of position alot

Does gils have a position he has played so many and at a good standard, a very important part of the squad.

Archived