Dundee Derby Ne'er Day Ding-Dong

Not shite. Just up from the Championship and you still have most of that squad. You've added a couple of players from poor Premiership teams and other fringe players along with GGH and Clarkson. A couple of signings in the right areas during the transfer window and you should be fine in terms of staying up. Also your manager's first season in the top flight.

As mentioned earlier, a lot like Thistle on our return last season. We've added some decent players but even this season we mostly have players from our title winning season and a relatively inexperienced manager.

In terms of Thistle I felt in someways we came up a season too early but we took our chance.

It'll take a couple of seasons for us to seriously challenge for a top 6 place, imo. We still struggle against more established clubs like St Mirren, Motherwell and St Johnstone despite the first two having poor seasons and the latter an awful start. We still struggle with simple things like ticketing and keeping Celtic punters out of the home end.

So I'd take survival foremost this season. Dees should make the great leap forward as they'll have a bigger budget but it won't bear fruit till next season at the earliest, imo.

Good post. Try explaining that to the fruitloops on other forums calling for Hartley's head.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not shite. Just up from the Championship and you still have most of that squad. You've added a couple of players from poor Premiership teams and other fringe players along with GGH and Clarkson. A couple of signings in the right areas during the transfer window and you should be fine in terms of staying up. Also your manager's first season in the top flight.

As mentioned earlier, a lot like Thistle on our return last season. We've added some decent players but even this season we mostly have players from our title winning season and a relatively inexperienced manager.

In terms of Thistle I felt in someways we came up a season too early but we took our chance.

It'll take a couple of seasons for us to seriously challenge for a top 6 place, imo. We still struggle against more established clubs like St Mirren, Motherwell and St Johnstone despite the first two having poor seasons and the latter an awful start. We still struggle with simple things like ticketing and keeping Celtic punters out of the home end.

So I'd take survival foremost this season. Dees should make the great leap forward as they'll have a bigger budget but it won't bear fruit till next season at the earliest, imo.

Yup I agree with most of that. I'm confident we'll stay up this season as long as Hartley realises that shite like McAllister and Davidson are not SPL standard. Just can't get over how poor we were today

Good post. Try explaining that to the fruitloops on other forums calling for Hartley's head.

I'll pass. We have similar opinions on the Thistle forum and to a lesser extent on here. Hell I'd love us to win the cup and finish top 6 but we're a long way off that dream at the moment. We've probably averaged about 3,000 home fans this season and that includes kids under 16 going free. Obviously we make more money off the field but we need some organic growth and try a sustainable improvement. We still struggle to attract players as they're more likely to sign for clubs around us or even the top 3 in the Championship.

Despite the late goal thing we've definetly tightened things up but there is still that inexperienced thing shining through at times. We've added some more experienced bodies but I can only think of Gallacher and Stevo who are 30 or older. We sometimes miss a natural leader in the midfield and possibly upfront. Despite our card count I think we're a bit nice at times. I'm not joking when I say I wouldn't mind someone like Lasley, Goodwin or Hamill added to the squad. I think we were in for Hamill but then we get back to the level of wages we can offer if other clubs are in for the same targets.

Look at McNamara and his development of Erskine. He struggled initially and is a confidence player so loaned him back to us as he knew he'd get game time in familiar surrounds. He did a decent job for us and with his confidence renewed has kicked on after his return to the DABs. Good management, imo.

I think most of the fruitloops were told that on the other forum. I think some had too much to drink personally.

My points are looking at the overall situation. It's harder to keep the head with one off shoeings off your rivals or even wins over teams around you for that matter.

I guess Hartley and to a degree Archibald don't get the credit from some quarters for taking their sides over the finishing line.

Personally I'm happy with our coach as the side IS progressing even if at a slower rate than some demand.

Well this has been a tremendous NY day out. Didnt actually think, GMS aside, that we were fantastic but we didnt have to be. As soon as the second went in I knew we were going to win, even though Dundee had probably had the better of the game up to that point.

Watson looked ok at CH which is a bonus. GMS was fucking magnificent. Dundee were too slow and shapeless in the second half - the difference between the teams was highlighted in their luxury players with Harkins just not good enough whilst GMS showed if hes on his game, he can destroy a side.

Would like Dundee to stay up as games like that (score aside) are too few as it is. They need to halt this run but that defence could well see them getting sucked into a 4 way fight at the bottom.

Been a few arabs got a smack in the pus tonight,

Dont give a f**k you can all get to f**k you arab c***s.

cya later boys i'm off. stick the heads gone thread up your arse.

Dont tive a f**k this is the sort of fan i am. Get yourself to f**k you arab bastarads,

Awww come on tae f**k, I could understand something like that after a one off derby pumping but surely you're used to getting rattled by United now no?

Pull yersel together min.

The chants of "we want 3" and "you're no singing anymore" cheered me up a fair bit and reminded me it's only football. Glad to see The Tank score and Stewart score a belter, it was a great feeling while it lasted.

Fair play DABs, you outplayed us all over the park and took your chances when they came. Enjoy your night and happy new year a'c**t! :)

No wonder this debys frowned upon you stupid c**t, Get yourself to f**k, go on.

That was a good deal for Non Deluded Dee. Disappear for 12 months under the pretence of a bet when he would have went into hiding after that pumping anyway.

Shut it you fucking Abba lookalike c**t.

This my last post of the year, you can get yourself to f**k mate. c***s have got nothing to say outside the ground. I acutally don't give a f**k you're a bunch of paps.

Archived