Dundee Derby Ne'er Day Ding-Dong

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a Pie and Bovril rivalry highlights how irrelevant your diddy lot are. To your credit, you try your hardest. You think that by winning the Scottish Cup and then using that to 'gloat' towards Dundee will finally make you big and bad enough to finally create a spark for us to hate you back, unfortunately for you lot, you only went and defeated our actual rivals thus nulling any feeling of hatred that was felt by even the most frothing of Dundee fans.

Modern Day Diddy team?! You're either a diddy or you're not, and St Johnstone excel in diddiness. If Ken Dodd were Scottish, he'd probably support your mob.

a spark for us to hate you back,

hate you back

I like farm produce. I don't like St Johnstone. I don't like their style, I don't like their mundane and boring sponsors, I especially don't like Dave Mackay. f**k St Johnstone.

eddie_murphy_wtf_gif.gif

A Pie and Bovril rivalry?

Heard it all now. I don't really give a toss what you think for most of my Saints supporting life Dundee have teetered on the brink of survival and have played in the top flight far less than even us. You are a proper Modern Day Diddy team.

I was having a dig more at United but hey ho.

Have a dig at this chap. See how many Saintees fall out.

post-39390-14200437278264_thumb.jpg

You also have to be saved by Dundee FC in your early history, when you averaged 1000 à week compared to Dundees 30 000, as you were skint.

It's almost like you're trying to get a few things off your chest before you have to leave this forum for a year.

And by the way.....go take a look at what United fans say in their 'Rivals' thread on East Football. The amount of Arabs (no doubt from whatever Angus outpost) that list Aberdeen and Celtic, Rangers and in some cases even Hibs and Hearts as bigger rivals than Dundee is laughable.

It says as much about them as it does about where your team lie in their thoughts.

I've just had a look at that thread. The topic under discussion is, and I quote:

who do you most like utd to beat?

Which is not the same as 'bigger rivals'.

scottymclean, are you having a bad day at work, sir, and do you need a hug, perhaps even a cuddle?

This has deteriorated quickly! I go for my afternoon nap and all hell breaks loose.

People on this thread need to calm down; here's a wee quiz to distract you.

1. When is the last time Dundee FC won a major trophy?

2. When is the last time Dundee FC beat Dundee United FC?

3. When is the last time Dundee FC finished higher in the professional football league than Dundee United FC?

Jim McLean, who was a coach at rival Dundee at the time, took over from Jerry Kerr in 1971 and the most successful era in the club's history began. Until then, United was the smaller and less successful of the two Dundee-based football clubs.

Wonder what caused a minor shift in support?

Sub conscience got the better of you there POTA. :rolleyes:

I've just had a look at that thread. The topic under discussion is, and I quote:

Which is not the same as 'bigger rivals'.

scottymclean, are you having a bad day at work, sir, and do you need a hug, perhaps even a cuddle?

Ouch, it's bad when supporters of the team you're trying to side with turn on you. Minter.

1. When is the last time Dundee FC won a major trophy?

2. When is the last time Dundee FC beat Dundee United FC?

3. When is the last time Dundee FC finished higher in the professional football league than Dundee United FC?

mathhhh570.gif

How many of the players will have beelin hangovers tomorrow? This is Scottish football after all.

Don't know about players but if Bomber "Das Boot" was still in charge the tiny space between the dug out and the pitch at the Stickledump would have been the place to keep an eye on.

Don't know about players but if Bomber "Das Boot" was still in charge the tiny space between the dug out and the pitch at the Stickledump would have been the place to keep an eye on.

Talking of dugouts, I was watching Wenger and Harry Redknapp getting soaked during the Arsenal v QPR boxing day game due to the fact they have no roofs over their dugouts. This made me realise:

Dens > The Emirates

Archived