Dundee Derby Ne'er Day Ding-Dong

You BNBs haven't half turned on the golden boy goal machine. Dafuq.

He's a good finisher if he gets half a chance, problem is he's not getting a half chance. Or a full chance for that matter. He's played in games where the only thing he's contributed has been a goal which is presumably why Hartley took off The Tank before him yesterday.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've given up on suggesting line-ups, as it doesn't actually appear to matter who Jackie picks - its utter pot-luck whether the team will perform on the day.

I only hope Rankin is dropped after his lazy performance yesterday - he proved he could play against Celtic, but did fcuk all AGAIN yesterday. Who would take his place though? Telfer? Doubt that will happen.

As for a result? Well, I thought we'd beat Aberdeen and St Johnstone and get grubbed off Celtic, so...... who feckin knows?

I've given up on suggesting line-ups, as it doesn't actually appear to matter who Jackie picks - its utter pot-luck whether the team will perform on the day.

I only hope Rankin is dropped after his lazy performance yesterday - he proved he could play against Celtic, but did fcuk all AGAIN yesterday. Who would take his place though? Telfer? Doubt that will happen.

As for a result? Well, I thought we'd beat Aberdeen and St Johnstone and get grubbed off Celtic, so...... who feckin knows?

Pretty much my thinking too.

What are the odds of McGowan actually returning for this game? We've been told for weeks now that he's ready to return and still nothing.

Are there any of the sensible P&B Dees who think McGowan will play for Dundee again.

Of course there are considering he was having a fitness test on the park for us against Thistle last week before the game and has been attending functions such as our recent visit to the kid's hospital along with the rest of the team.

Innocent until proven guilty, you lads should know that.

I'll recycle a post I made in the attendances thread here related to the health of Scottish football.

Given how quick tickets sold for both sets of fans I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that equivalent prices as 60s 70s 80s and a pay at the gate option you could be looking at 25k for this fixture.

Even as it is with combined averages of over 16k football is in a very good place in Dundee (and west Angus/east Perthshire) right now.

Are there any of the sensible P&B Dees who think McGowan will play for Dundee again.

He has failed at least two late fitness tests at the side of the pitch just before the start of the match. That to me suggests that he will.

Don't really know why he'd be there faking a test. Only way he won't play for us again is if something additional has happened or a new piece of information has come out between last week and yesterday.

There's nothing to fear here, because 'form' has no bearing on these type of games. Changes need to be made though, get Mcalister and Boyle out, unfortunately we can't change the keeper, so the defence picks itself. praying for McGowan to return (if he doesn't make, it big Davo in his place booting dayglo's?), the Tank v Clarkson is a tough one, just go for Peaso instead? Get Carreiro on as well and Harkins and Stewart, there, that's that sorted. Thank you.

There's nothing to fear here, because 'form' has no bearing on these type of games. Changes need to be made though, get Mcalister and Boyle out, unfortunately we can't change the keeper, so the defence picks itself. praying for McGowan to return (if he doesn't make, it big Davo in his place booting dayglo's?), the Tank v Clarkson is a tough one, just go for Peaso instead? Get Carreiro on as well and Harkins and Stewart, there, that's that sorted. Thank you.

Clarkson v The Tank is simple. Any manager who drops a player who has scored 7 goals in 10 games for someone who has scored 0 goals in 12 games needs there head examined.

Clarkson will start its just a matter of who will be starting along side him. I like the Peaso option myself but cant see him being match fit enough.

Ive wondered about that, timing of the injury and his arrest seems a bit coincidental and newspaper reports the last couple of weeks have said hes fit again but hasn't even been on the bench? Wouldn't amaze me if he didn't play for us again but hope im wrong!

Disappointing that the Dees are so gloomy ahead of this. Dee Man has usually predicted a 9-0 win for his team by the stage.

The lack of East Angus/knitting/women and bairns references is also quite alarming.

Hope you're all ok.

It will be pretty embarrassing if United fail to win by at least 4 goals tbh.

Got to say i'm looking more forward to the after match piss up.

Hate Tannadice. The atmosphere from the home terrace, sweety sooking Dabs, is pish. When they do pipe up it's to sing a 70s pop song. The singing is in a high-pitch tone too.

Add into the equation it's a 12.15 kick off on New Years day, and i've got to say i'm not looking forward to this in the slightest yet.

Hopefully come the day i'll be more up for it.

I reckon we'll pump this East Angus women and bairns knitting club 9-0.

Hat-trick each for Irvine, Tank and Biscuit Boyle The Diddy Slayer.

Fojut to be carried off drifting in and out of consciousness in the 72nd minute after that wee guy fan actually connects this time.

I reckon we'll pump this East Angus women and bairns knitting club 9-0.

Hat-trick each for Irvine, Tank and Biscuit Boyle The Diddy Slayer.

Fojut to be carried off drifting in and out of consciousness in the 72nd minute after that wee guy fan actually connects this time.

Thank you.

Gonna go against the grain here and say I actually prefer Tannadice. Nice and compact with the stands about as close as they can be to the pitch. Makes for a great atmosphere. Shame about the colour mind you.

Archived