British Xmas TV

Colkitto

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you believe a couple of token Scottish Uni's on the programme caters for a Scottish audience then I can't really say anything that will make a difference to your views

Uh huh.. How many Scottish universities should be on?

Are you saying Scottish viewers can only appreciate a show if it has some local connection ?

I genuinely didn't think this thread could get worse for you. But it has.

Also...I hesitate to deepen your humiliation but you do know that not all universities who enter UC make the TV stage ? Right ?

I believe this year is the first in 15 that Glasgow have made the tv round, but they entered each of those years just didn't make it far enough.

Brilliant first round from the Glasgow team though. Well rounded team.

Uh huh.. How many Scottish universities should be on?

Are you saying Scottish viewers can only appreciate a show if it has some local connection ?

I genuinely didn't think this thread could get worse for you. But it has.

Oh FFS! It doesn't cater for a Scottish audience. No matter how tenuous the link is to a token couple of Scottish Uni's, it caters for an English audience.

I've already pointed out viewers in Scotland can appreciate good quality foreign programmes like Friends and Borgen.

The fact is the majority of programmes we watch on TV doesn't cater for a Scottish audience and that's not going to change until we get independence.

Oh FFS! It doesn't cater for a Scottish audience. No matter how tenuous the link is to a token couple of Scottish Uni's, it caters for an English audience.

I've already pointed out viewers in Scotland can appreciate good quality foreign programmes like Friends and Borgen.

They also appreciate things like Downton Abbey and Miranda which is why they watch them in their droves. Things like University Challenge are probably as big here as down south too. Which is to say, they're not really that big.

Most shows are aimed at a general audience. Not necessarily an English one.

The fact is the majority of programmes we watch on TV doesn't cater for a Scottish audience and that's not going to change until we get independence.

What exactly do you mean by 'cater to a Scottish audience'.

I personally love University Challenge, does that mean I'm no longer Scottish because it's a programme for English people?

Living in England I find as many people down here hate Miranda as folk in Scotland.

Oh that's a fact is it ? :lol:

Where's the evidence to support this fact ?

What about Top Gear and Doctor Who ? Is the latter OK because there's been a few Scottish actors on ?

Let me guess... Peter Davidson.. Nooo... David Tennant...yay!

I think your hatred of all things English is just oozing out here.

As I called it earlier... You are an ethic nationalist... With a hatred of England.

So by "cater for a Scottish audience" you really mean "filmed in Scotland"?

Lets face it you've had a shocker here and have rightfully been called out by both sides of the divide.

I would imagine most programmes that cater for a specific audience are made in that particular country.

Don't see how I've had a shocker of any kind, I've pointed out various programmes shown on Christmas Day and gave an opinion that they cater for audiences south of the border.

I've given factual times of how much Scottish news we get on programmes like BBC Breakfast. That more than anything is a disgrace.

Oh that's a fact is it ? :lol:

Where's the evidence to support this fact ?

What about Top Gear and Doctor Who ? Is the latter OK because there's been a few Scottish actors on ?

Let me guess... Peter Davidson.. Nooo... David Tennant...yay!

I think your hatred of all things English is just oozing out here.

As I called it earlier... You are an ethic nationalist... With a hatred of England.

Again you're concentrating on specific programmes rather than the point I'm making of the MAJORITY of programmes are English made, based in England and made with an English audience in mind

Again you're concentrating on specific programmes rather than the point I'm making of the MAJORITY of programmes are English made, based in England and made with an English audience in mind

No they're not. They're made in England with a general audience in mind.

You pointed out programmes that are aimed at a general audience. You've done nothing to prove your point and are just talking absolute shite.

So is Eggheads catering for English audiences ?

Archived