British Xmas TV

Colkitto

So we just forget about his Scottish ancestry and concentrate on the Polish side.... ;)

His father and grandfather were born in England. His grandmother on his father's side was Italian. His grandfather on his mother's side was born in France. His grandmother on his mother's side was born in Dusseldorf. His mother was born in Silesia. You'd have to go back 3 generations for Scottish ancestry.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from Nick Robinson the BBC seems pretty good value to me, anything I do not like I do not watch.......simples.

However I really do get annoyed when they have the UK weather forecast on and talk about what will be happening in the North/South West etc.

North of what, SouthWest of where?

Another good example of stealth Englification.

Really? When was that first aired on BBC?

2008 I believe...

It was shown UK wide. Perhaps you are outraged at viewers down south being force fed this history of a foreign country they can have no possible interest in.

We also of course had The Stuarts last year... Again on BBC

You really are the gift that keeps giving with this thread. Just when you think you've reached maximum embarrassment... Nope.. You excel yourself once more :lol:

2008 I believe...

It was shown UK wide. Perhaps you are outraged at viewers down south being force fed this history of a foreign country they can have no possible interest in.

We also of course had The Stuarts last year... Again on BBC

You really are the gift that keeps giving with this thread. Just when you think you've reached maximum embarrassment... Nope.. You excel yourself once more :lol:

2008? Err..you do know this is now 2015 and you have to go back 7 years to find a Scottish history programme.

The Stuarts... err yes that's right they missed out all the Scottish Stuart Kings James I, II, III, IV and V. They started with James the VI and coincidently I of Great Britain :lol:

Eh... I don't have to go back 8 years to find a Scottish history programme on the BBC...

Still I see you've again gone from doesn't happen to uh.. Well apart from that though :lol:.

Are you outraged about the people of England being force fed 'foreign' history by the BBC? Yes or No?

What possible interest could the 'History of Scotland' be to English viewers????

Eh... I don't have to go back 8 years to find a Scottish history programme on the BBC...

Still I see you've again gone from doesn't happen to uh.. Well apart from that though :lol:.

Are you outraged about the people of England being force fed 'foreign' history by the BBC? Yes or No?

What possible interest could the 'History of Scotland' be to English viewers????

If you don't have to go back 8 years why mention a programme which first aired in 2008? Have there been other programmes made since then (not the Stuarts :lol: ) ?

If you don't have to go back 8 years why mention a programme which first aired in 2008? Have there been other programmes made since then (not the Stuarts :lol: ) ?

2008 was only 7 years ago, that's why he didn't have to go back 8 years. :whistle

2008 was only 7 years ago, that's why he didn't have to go back 8 years. :whistle

I'm only replying to the quote from HB. He said 8 years ago :whistle

Just in case you don't know enough about Tudor England the BBC has made a new programme. Yes, believe it or not we have yet another programme about Tudor England....

Mary Arden: A Tudor Life
BBC Four

A new BBC Four film looks at what life was like for ordinary Tudor people. In particular, this film tells the story of a woman touched by new opportunities in society, work and education in a century that saw the birth of England’s cultural and economic greatness.

Apart from Nick Robinson the BBC seems pretty good value to me, anything I do not like I do not watch.......simples.

However I really do get annoyed when they have the UK weather forecast on and talk about what will be happening in the North/South West etc.

North of what, SouthWest of where?

Another good example of stealth Englification.

The weather report on the BBC is first class and far better than Sky Stv and the rest.

Just in case you don't know enough about Tudor England the BBC has made a new programme. Yes, believe it or not we have yet another programme about Tudor England....

Mary Arden: A Tudor Life

BBC Four

A new BBC Four film looks at what life was like for ordinary Tudor people. In particular, this film tells the story of a woman touched by new opportunities in society, work and education in a century that saw the birth of England’s cultural and economic greatness.

Glad they settled for "England's cultural and economic greatness" since the British Empire wasn't worthy of the moniker until the Scots started running the show.

The weather report on the BBC is first class and far better than Sky Stv and the rest.

I'm not disputing that at all.

What I said was when they are doing the UK map the presenters often use general terms of North, South West etc instead of saying North of England or Southwest of England.

This can be confusing, especially if you were blind, short sighted or [like many] listening without watching. A 400 mile difference between Liverpool and Durness can make quite a difference for someone hearing what the weather will be like in the 'North West'.

Archived