Sign in to follow this  
Colkitto

British Xmas TV

BBC Worldwide's sales are over £1 bn worldwide. Still, of course we could have our own commercial arm selling Bob Servant to the world :rolleyes:

That's fucking nothing. It's budget is triple that. What a shite return.

A true BritNat though. Entertainment Industry? Naw, we don't need one.

Edited by HaikuHibee

BBC show programmes about Scottish history and culture nowhere near the scale of what they show on similar English programmes

Is that maybe something to do with the fact that funnily enough England is bigger than Scotland?

Mr Bairn, on 14 Jan 2015 - 18:32, said:

Is that maybe something to do with the fact that funnily enough England is bigger than Scotland?

There is of course the argument that we pay a license fee as well.

Personally, I don't mind that side of Colkitto's argument. It's his key argument which is the bullshit one, because it needs him to know what Scottish people want to see. Which he doesn't.

Incidentally, can Colkitto tell us all what happened when STV chose to opt out of bringing in Downton Abbey? I can't imagine it'd be that it kicked off a shitstorm because people wanted to see it, and thus they had to put it on.

Personally, I don't mind that side of Colkitto's argument. It's his key argument which is the bullshit one, because it needs him to know what Scottish people want to see. Which he doesn't.

Incidentally, can Colkitto tell us all what happened when STV chose to opt out of bringing in Downton Abbey? I can't imagine it'd be that it kicked off a shitstorm because people wanted to see it, and thus they had to put it on.

Probably only because the audience's tastes have been 'anglified' by showing all that English history on BBC2

Jacksgranda, on 14 Jan 2015 - 18:50, said:

Probably only because the audience's tastes have been 'anglified' by showing all that English history on BBC2

Hmm. Not bad actually. Kind of like an entertainment version of osmosis.

10917374_779808682066520_207165582662989

You've really been reduced to the posting equivalent of throwing faeces at a wall....

You've really been reduced to the posting equivalent of throwing faeces at a wall....

Wee bit over the top....

Oh look! It's Democracy Day on the BBC!

That's right, the BBC is going into overdrive across the UK tomorrow to mark the anniversary of the signing of the Magna Carta by the English King John.

It's also the 750th anniversary of the first elected English parliament.

What has this to do with Scotland I hear you ask? Well, nothing really, but that doesn't stop the BBC in trying to britify it.

Oh look! It's Democracy Day on the BBC!

That's right, the BBC is going into overdrive across the UK tomorrow to mark the anniversary of the signing of the Magna Carta by the English King John.

It's also the 750th anniversary of the first elected English parliament.

What has this to do with Scotland I hear you ask? Well, nothing really, but that doesn't stop the BBC in trying to britify it.

Why don't you try not watching the BBC if it bothers you that much ?

I only watch MOTD and nothing else.