British Xmas TV

Colkitto

1. So I now have to limit what channels I can watch because they don't cater for Scottish viewers?

2. Look up the schedule ya lazy b*****d

3. Because it may be interesting?

4. No. I'm not saying that and to repeat myself yet again, I'm talking about the continuous majority of programmes about English history and culture being shown in Scotland when we don't even get programmes about our own history and culture

You made the claim about the schedule. Now reproduce it... To evidence your claim. I know.. I know... It will be a first for you.

Why would a programme about the French revolution be interesting to a Briton like yourself ? Why wouldn't a programme on Anne Boleyn be interesting?

Sorry... Are you claiming the BBC dont show any programmes about Scottish history and culture ?

Just when I thought your performance on this thread couldn't be any more risible.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And again... Stop shiting the question... What exactly qualifies you to determine what Scottish viewers want to see?

Here's a newsflash. As viewers we have access to an incredible range of media. Don't judge everyone by your astonishingly narrow minded parochial view if the world.

Have you ever actually been out of Greenock? Sorry Grainybaws or whatever it is in Teuchter.

EXCLUSIVE! Major new drama coming to the BBC!

Historical drama chronicling the rise of Thomas Cromwell, the son of a humble blacksmith who became King Henry VIII's chief minister, as he navigated the corridors of power in the Tudor court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02gfy02

Are we all excited about a new English costume drama set in the Tudor period folks?

While I don't agree with everything you're saying, I think the fact that we send the BBC 300-odd million and the BBC Scotland budget is something like 90 million is a disgrace. There should be more Scottish content on the BBC, no doubt.

You made the claim about the schedule. Now reproduce it... To evidence your claim. I know.. I know... It will be a first for you.

Why would a programme about the French revolution be interesting to a Briton like yourself ? Why wouldn't a programme on Anne Boleyn be interesting?

Sorry... Are you claiming the BBC dont show any programmes about Scottish history and culture ?

Just when I thought your performance on this thread couldn't be any more risible.

I've already listed examples of what was shown on Saturday evening.

Why wouldn't a programme on the French revolution be of interest? If it was continuous French historical programmes to the exclusion of programmes with Scottish content (just like what's happening just now with English programmes) then yes I would be against that.

BBC show programmes about Scottish history and culture nowhere near the scale of what they show on similar English programmes

And again... Stop shiting the question... What exactly qualifies you to determine what Scottish viewers want to see?

Here's a newsflash. As viewers we have access to an incredible range of media. Don't judge everyone by your astonishingly narrow minded parochial view if the world.

Have you ever actually been out of Greenock? Sorry Grainybaws or whatever it is in Teuchter.

Jeeze, more Scottish cringe stuff.

While I don't agree with everything you're saying, I think the fact that we send the BBC 300-odd million and the BBC Scotland budget is something like 90 million is a disgrace. There should be more Scottish content on the BBC, no doubt.

You were ritually humiliated on this point previously Parp.. Along with everything else of course.

BBC Scotland s budget could indeed be higher to match the contributions here. And we could buy in shows like EastEnders... Match of the Day.. Doctor Who... Top Gear... Etc etc.

How expensive do you think that would be Darien Parp?

You were ritually humiliated on this point previously Parp.. Along with everything else of course.

BBC Scotland s budget could indeed be higher to match the contributions here. And we could buy in shows like EastEnders... Match of the Day.. Doctor Who... Top Gear... Etc etc.

How expensive do you think that would be Darien Parp?

Not two hundred mill. Match of the Day's expensive. They will lose that though.

Not two hundred mill. Match of the Day's expensive. They will lose that though.

What a fucking moron H_B is. I wasn't even meaning in an independent Scotland (rather obviously) and Eire buys in BBC content and it doesn't cost anything like three hundred million. The boy's completely deluded.

Why wouldn't a programme on the French revolution be of interest? If it was continuous French historical programmes to the exclusion of programmes with Scottish content (just like what's happening just now with English programmes) then yes I would be against that.

BBC show programmes about Scottish history and culture nowhere near the scale of what they show on similar English programmes

1) You claimed - "The schedule on BBC2 on Saturday evening was mostly about the English monarchy"

To determine if this is a true claim, or utter garbage, we need to know the schedule. What was it?

2) :lol:

Didn't take long for that last claim to be completely sidestepped. Glad you are even admitting on the same page you are talking total and utter nonsense.

So, we've gone from :- " we don't even get programmes about our own history and culture" which is of course absolute garbage now to "nowhere near the scale of what they show on similar English programmes" - any more advances here or are you stopping at that?

3) Why wouldn't a programme on the French revolution be of interest? If it was continuous French historical programmes to the exclusion of programmes with Scottish content (just like what's happening just now with English programmes)

Ooh, or perhaps not. Eek, how embarrassing for you.

Why , very very very clearly, wouldn't a show on Anne Boleyn be of interest to Scottish viewers, when a programme on the French Revolution would be?

Colkitto, on 14 Jan 2015 - 08:33, said:

What you haven't done is actually show us that there is no interest in them though. But you do TRY and come on to that...

...but you spectacularly blow it. Because I could come back and ask that exact same question that you asked there, except, I could ask it for every show you have listed as only being aimed at the middle class England.

As for the latter point, I can only speculate as to what the percentage of Scottish history shows is, as I don't actually give a f**k about them. The thing here is, I'm not entirely sure you could do much better.

This much I could give you, but then, it's sort of irrelevant to the initial point, which is who programmes are aimed at. Couldn't give a f**k what country a show is about so long as it's good really.

What a fucking moron H_B is. I wasn't even meaning in an independent Scotland (rather obviously) and Eire buys in BBC content and it doesn't cost anything like three hundred million. The boy's completely deluded.

As I said Parp - you were utterly brutalised on this previously, leading to one of your trademark Darien debacles.

If BBC Scotland's budget was ringfenced, it would be forced to (along with having separate institutions of course) fund all of its own productions from this budget, along with buying in from BBC rUK any other shows we might want to watch not made here :rolleyes:

BBC Worldwide's sales are over £1 bn worldwide. Still, of course we could have our own commercial arm selling Bob Servant to the world :rolleyes:

BBC Worldwide's sales are over £1 bn worldwide. Still, of course we could have our own commercial arm selling Bob Servant to the world :rolleyes:

That's fucking nothing. It's budget is triple that. What a shite return.

A true BritNat though. Entertainment Industry? Naw, we don't need one.

Mr Bairn, on 14 Jan 2015 - 18:32, said:

Is that maybe something to do with the fact that funnily enough England is bigger than Scotland?

There is of course the argument that we pay a license fee as well.

Personally, I don't mind that side of Colkitto's argument. It's his key argument which is the bullshit one, because it needs him to know what Scottish people want to see. Which he doesn't.

Incidentally, can Colkitto tell us all what happened when STV chose to opt out of bringing in Downton Abbey? I can't imagine it'd be that it kicked off a shitstorm because people wanted to see it, and thus they had to put it on.

Personally, I don't mind that side of Colkitto's argument. It's his key argument which is the bullshit one, because it needs him to know what Scottish people want to see. Which he doesn't.

Incidentally, can Colkitto tell us all what happened when STV chose to opt out of bringing in Downton Abbey? I can't imagine it'd be that it kicked off a shitstorm because people wanted to see it, and thus they had to put it on.

Probably only because the audience's tastes have been 'anglified' by showing all that English history on BBC2

10917374_779808682066520_207165582662989

Archived