British Xmas TV

Colkitto

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned the TV schedule on BBC2 on Saturday evening as an example of programmes about another countries culture and history that we have no option but to watch.

Couple of things here...

1) Why do you have "no option but to watch"?

2) What was this TV schedule?

3) If BBC had a show about the French Revolution, would that be disgraceful also? Or would you watch that?

4) Why are you so parochial? Are you aware there is a big world out there beyond shortbread and haggis?

Couple of things here...

1) Why do you have "no option but to watch"?

2) What was this TV schedule?

3) If BBC had a show about the French Revolution, would that be disgraceful also? Or would you watch that?

4) Why are you so parochial? Are you aware there is a big world out there beyond shortbread and haggis?

1. There was no alternate schedule for viewers outside England on BBC2

2. The schedule on BBC2 on Saturday evening was mostly about the English monarchy

3. Yes, I would watch it and wouldn't have a problem with it being shown. I'm probably going to have to repeat myself but I'm talking about the MAJORITY of programmes catering for English viewers.

Not individual programmes shown on various subjects made in various countries.

4. Don't patronise me with stereotyping. I'm not parochial, but I want programmes shown in Scotland that reflect OUR culture and history

1. There was no alternate schedule for viewers outside England on BBC2

2. The schedule on BBC2 on Saturday evening was mostly about the English monarchy

3. Yes, I would watch it and wouldn't have a problem with it being shown. I'm probably going to have to repeat myself but I'm talking about the MAJORITY of programmes catering for English viewers.

Not individual programmes shown on various subjects made in various countries.

4. Don't patronise me with stereotyping. I'm not parochial, but I want programmes shown in Scotland that reflect OUR culture and history

1) Did you have to watch BBC2?

2) I asked for the schedule - not your commentary on it.

3) Why would you watch a programme about another country's history and culture and not your own?

4) Are you saying the BBC should only show programmes about say Anne Boleyn in England? Why wouldn't Scottish viewers find this entertaining, interesting, or educational?

Also, are you claiming the majority of programmes on the BBC cater for "English viewers"?

You shat out of this before, but perhaps you can answer it now - what do Scottish viewers want to see on the BBC, and how do you know this?

For example, are you saying Scottish viewers do not want to see Eastenders? Would they rather have more River City?

Also, are you claiming the majority of programmes on the BBC cater for "English viewers"?

You shat out of this before, but perhaps you can answer it now - what do Scottish viewers want to see on the BBC, and how do you know this?

For example, are you saying Scottish viewers do not want to see Eastenders? Would they rather have more River City?

Why would real Scots EVER want to watch a bunch of Cockneys toiling away? Or a bunch of northern folk in Coronation Street or Emmerdale or whatever? What could possibly interest Scots with these culturally different people?

Why would real Scots EVER want to watch a bunch of Cockneys toiling away? Or a bunch of northern folk in Coronation Street or Emmerdale or whatever? What could possibly interest Scots with these culturally different people?

Well, indeed. I imagine viewing figures are extremely low for these shows in Scotland. Only English immigrants and quislings.

Certainly none of the "44.7" will be watching these shows.

Well, indeed. I imagine viewing figures are extremely low for these shows in Scotland. Only English immigrants and quislings.

Certainly none of the "44.7" will be watching these shows.

This is certainly backed up by the pre referendum comments of the now departed fat minister who went to great lengths to reassure real Scots that there was absolutely no fucking WAY that we would be watching English filth like Eastenders in an independent Scotland.

1) Did you have to watch BBC2?

2) I asked for the schedule - not your commentary on it.

3) Why would you watch a programme about another country's history and culture and not your own?

4) Are you saying the BBC should only show programmes about say Anne Boleyn in England? Why wouldn't Scottish viewers find this entertaining, interesting, or educational?

1. So I now have to limit what channels I can watch because they don't cater for Scottish viewers?

2. Look up the schedule ya lazy b*****d

3. Because it may be interesting?

4. No. I'm not saying that and to repeat myself yet again, I'm talking about the continuous majority of programmes about English history and culture being shown in Scotland when we don't even get programmes about our own history and culture

Cant wait for the 200th anniversary of Waterloo programmes this year. Plenty of Scots interest there as they fought to end Napoleons ambitions for Europe.

Plenty at the battle of Trafalgar, including his surgeon and five of his captains.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm claiming.

Maybe Scottish viewers would like to see programmes about our own history and culture?

And as I've already said on numerous occasions now, we in Scotland can appreciate foreign programmes like Borgen, Friends and even Eastenders!

Plenty at the battle of Trafalgar, including his surgeon and five of his captains.

Yep, Scots have a proud history in the British army. I'm sure we would love to see this in TV programmes dedicated to British military history. Colkitto will love that.

Is Colkitto seriously complaining about having to change the channel now? Is that where he's gotten now?

I don't watch QVC because it has nothing that caters for me. I don't begrudge it's existence though.

That said, I'm not aware if it exists anymore.

EXCLUSIVE! Major new drama coming to the BBC!

Historical drama chronicling the rise of Thomas Cromwell, the son of a humble blacksmith who became King Henry VIII's chief minister, as he navigated the corridors of power in the Tudor court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02gfy02

Are we all excited about a new English costume drama set in the Tudor period folks?

EXCLUSIVE! Major new drama coming to the BBC!

Historical drama chronicling the rise of Thomas Cromwell, the son of a humble blacksmith who became King Henry VIII's chief minister, as he navigated the corridors of power in the Tudor court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02gfy02

Are we all excited about a new English costume drama set in the Tudor period folks?

Quite a lot of folk will be I'd imagine. Do you have a point with these shows that you have no idea if Scottish people like them or not?

Archived