British Xmas TV

Colkitto

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(1) Yes we know the Tudors originated in Wales and the (2) current incumbents originated in Germany

(1) So they weren't English then

(2) How far back are you going? Is this similar to Celtic fans saying they are Irish because their great great grandfather was born in Mayo?

(1) So they weren't English then

(2) How far back are you going? Is this similar to Celtic fans saying they are Irish because their great great grandfather was born in Mayo?

1. So if we go by your criteria the present Queen and all her family are German?

2. I'm going as far back as the "Tudor Period" 1485 and 1603.

1. So if we go by your criteria the present Queen and all her family are German?

2. I'm going as far back as the "Tudor Period" 1485 and 1603.

1/ The first Tudor king was Welsh. James V1 became King of England, did he then become English?

2/ That would make them Welsh

1/ The first Tudor king was Welsh. James V1 became King of England, did he then become English?

2/ That would make them Welsh

James VI became James I of Great Britain & Ireland. Born in Scotland how could he "become English"? :1eye

Not all Tudor kings were born in Wales. Henry VIII was born in England for instance.

And it's totally irrelevant if they were born in England or Wales, they were Kings of England

The above is just a load of guff to be honest and I can only assume you are trolling.

Why did they remake the Office for an American audience? Are they anti-English?

The Americans seems to want programmes which suit their audience, why can't we have the same?

And as I've explained before, I'm talking about the majority of English based programmes we watch in Scotland. There have been some good English programmes over the years, but we need more programmes that cater for a Scottish audience

OK. I'm game, maybe I'll get an answer.

In what way do the programs you mention not cater for a Scottish audience? Be very specific.

Is it because they are not made in Scotland? (well that rules out all the foreign stuff as well)

Is it because they do not include Scottish characters? (see above)

Or is it just because you think they are pish?

James VI became James I of Great Britain & Ireland. Born in Scotland how could he "become English"? :1eye

Not all Tudor kings were born in Wales. Henry VIII was born in England for instance.

And it's totally irrelevant if they were born in England or Wales, they were Kings of England

The Tudors were Welsh. Henty V11 was born in Wales for instance. According to you they became English on acceding to/seizing the English throne. See post *368.

James V1 became King of England in 1603. Does he then become irrelevant to Scots?

The Tudors were Welsh. Henty V11 was born in Wales for instance. According to you they became English on acceding to/seizing the English throne. See post *368.

James V1 became King of England in 1603. Does he then become irrelevant to Scots?

Up to 1603 it's all pretty much irrelevant to Scotland, no matter where they were born.

James VI still remained King of Scots so yes he was still relevant

OK. I'm game, maybe I'll get an answer.

In what way do the programs you mention not cater for a Scottish audience? Be very specific.

Is it because they are not made in Scotland? (well that rules out all the foreign stuff as well)

Is it because they do not include Scottish characters? (see above)

Or is it just because you think they are pish?

Would a night devoted to the French monarchy cater for a Scottish audience?

Up to 1603 it's all pretty much irrelevant to Scotland, no matter where they were born.

James VI still remained King of Scots so yes he was still relevant

So whenever James V1 acquired another kingdom, everything prior to his acceding of that throne had no relevance to subsequent events/history?

When exactly is the cut off point for "relevancy"?

Archived