British Xmas TV

Colkitto

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any other 'non Scottish' sports that you deem an irrelevance ? NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, Rugby League, Aussie Rules? I don't like the sound of your sports coverage in an Independent Scotland? Love the cricket btw, especially when the Ashes series comes around, really decent viewing!!

To be fair all USA sports are a pile of steaming sh*te.

Why is the England cricket team irrelevant in Scotland? If England currently had any Scottish players would this suddenly change?

I remember Mike Denness, who is Scottish, captained England in the 70s. Must have been more than just him to play in England. Andy Goram was a good cricketer too.

I can vaguely remember a commentator who was allegedly to have delivered the immortal line. 'The bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey'

I remember Mike Denness, who is Scottish, captained England in the 70s. Must have been more than just him to play in England. Andy Goram was a good cricketer too.

I can vaguely remember a commentator who was allegedly to have delivered the immortal line. 'The bowler's Holding the batsman's Willey'

Oh FFS!.....

NewDomDom, on 04 Jan 2015 - 11:06, said:snapback.png

NewDomDom, on 04 Jan 2015 - 11:06, said:snapback.png

The Americans always make US remakes because their audiences don't deal with anything other than their own shows well. Kind of like you actually. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that it's the same in Scotland with the shows that we have.

Unless you have it? I'd like to see this evidence actually.

ICTChris, on 03 Jan 2015 - 18:51, said:snapback.png

ICTChris, on 03 Jan 2015 - 18:51, said:snapback.png

People aren't idiots, they don't just flop in front of the telly watching whatever shite gets put on, especially not now when you can basically watch anything via Netflix, Sky+.

I'm not sure that there are separate viewing figures for Scotland but if there are and it shows that Miranda, Mrs Brown's Boys et al got high viewing figures surely that is catering for Scottish audiences?

NewDomDom, on 03 Jan 2015 - 11:41, said:snapback.png

NewDomDom, on 03 Jan 2015 - 11:41, said:snapback.png

Who are all of these people complaining about the TV? Also, if you're going to come up with a percentage, I'd like you to point out which shows are actually aimed at this middle class audience, and actually try and not be a narrow minded fuckwit about it this time. Shows which also don't get big viewerships here

I think that would be "tokenism".

Tokenism

You are nothing if not predictable...

Meanwhile, back on the thread, any chance of you answering ICTChris and Dom Dom's questions? I know you have shat out of it for days, but how about showing some backbone?

You are nothing if not predictable...

Meanwhile, back on the thread, any chance of you answering ICTChris and Dom Dom's questions? I know you have shat out of it for days, but how about showing some backbone?

What's the questions?

Archived