British Xmas TV

Colkitto

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unionists going out their way in defending their London masters on this thread. Quite amusing if not predictable.

You'll watch shite English TV made for English middle class audiences and like it because were all british you know!

"Scots too wee too poor" type arguments for us to make our own TV programmes catered for Scottish audiences.

Please step away from this thread now

Are there separate viewing figures for Scotland? I'd imagine that these terrible programmes are just as popular here as in England, or elsewhere in the UK.

I don't think that television is as big a cultural unifier as it would once have been - considering just about everyone will have numerous channels and iPlayer options the days when the nation stopped to watch Eastenders have gone. I didn't have the telly on at all over Christmas Day really, we put Father Ted on More 4 on later in between playing board games. I think my wife and her family watched Back To The Future when I was asleep.

Having said that Back To The Future is clearly a neo-liberal, imperialist propaganda piece. The freedom fighting Libyans are faceless victims, yet the reckless neocon adventurism of the 'Doc' and Marty go unpunished. And in Part 3, where is the representation of the native AMerican peoples?

Are there separate viewing figures for Scotland? I'd imagine that these terrible programmes are just as popular here as in England, or elsewhere in the UK.

I don't think that television is as big a cultural unifier as it would once have been - considering just about everyone will have numerous channels and iPlayer options the days when the nation stopped to watch Eastenders have gone. I didn't have the telly on at all over Christmas Day really, we put Father Ted on More 4 on later in between playing board games. I think my wife and her family watched Back To The Future when I was asleep.

Having said that Back To The Future is clearly a neo-liberal, imperialist propaganda piece. The freedom fighting Libyans are faceless victims, yet the reckless neocon adventurism of the 'Doc' and Marty go unpunished. And in Part 3, where is the representation of the native AMerican peoples?

It's been reserved for Jay Silverheels.

brits reduced to personal abuse and the usual "meltdown" "humiliation" jibes. Pretty predictable stuff now..

most of it you brought on yourself, always reminded of a quote my granda used to use "when you get to the bottom of the hole, stop digging", you my friend need your shovel taken from you :-)

Miranda is really popular with kids. Early teens...

My nieces and their pals all got box sets of her for their Xmas.

I watched it for the first time on Xmas Day. I thought it was like a bad Vicar of Dibley. Which is of itself...bad.

I'll bet the viewing figures for Miranda were great across the UK.

Anyway.... Back to the Colkitto breakdown. As we were.

Miranda is really popular with kids. Early teens...

My nieces and their pals all got box sets of her for their Xmas.

Very popular with women of a certain age two. My wife and a few women at the work in their forties think she's hilarious.

Archived