January Transfers 2015

Is Dayton a speed merchant? That's kind of how I remember him. He always caused havoc against us.

Aye, he has decent pace and a good trick or two.

Was able to do things like this...

http://youtu.be/32-1rHjwhnQ

http://youtu.be/68sheh7i9vg

and then follow it up with a month of anonymity.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if I'm being dense, but I don't understand your logic here. One of your better players leaving (I know he's not left yet) does weaken you. I don't think the fact it's expected really has any relevance here. It also strengthens Celtic.

I'm assuming he's meaning that GMS signing a pre-contract with Celtic doesn't weaken Utd for the rest of the season. It may or may not weaken them next season.

Him signing a deal for next season has no effect on Celtic at all for the next six months.

If this isn't what Pull My Strings was referring to, then i'm sure he'll put us both right!

I'd probably take Dayton. He's a leftie if I remember correctly which is something we lack. I guess it'd be between him and Croft for a place as I don't see us dropping O'Halloran right now and I'd have Spoony better in behind MacLean. Still I'd happily take nobody if it meant ditching McDonald!

I assumed PMS was on about the fact GMS was leaving anyway, so him agreeing a deal with Celtic doesnt effect them in the slightest as it was inevitable he would only be there another six months

Perhaps weaken was the wrong word

Kirk Broadfoot was fucking amazing for us despite signing a PCA with Oldco in 2007.

Beat me to it!

He was quite clear in his intention to ensure that we stayed up as he took his leave and was true to his word. A few fuds in our support thought it was a good idea to abuse the guy after he signed his PCA, but he actually went up in my estimations for the manner in which he gave absolutely everything for the cause.

I don't actually think it's a very inspiring signing for Celtic. At least it makes it seem like Ronny Deila is doing something. Considering some of the hype he has received over the past few years, it strikes me as being quite odd that GMS has remained at United for so long (unless, as I expect is the case, he's a remarkably inconsistent performer who pulls off a great piece of skill every now and then which becomes a viral video on Facebook).

I don't actually think it's a very inspiring signing for Celtic. At least it makes it seem like Ronny Deila is doing something. Considering some of the hype he has received over the past few years, it strikes me as being quite odd that GMS has remained at United for so long (unless, as I expect is the case, he's a remarkably inconsistent performer who pulls off a great piece of skill every now and then which becomes a viral video on Facebook).

Given our recent record against your mob it's entirely possible that you haven't seen him playing well but you could say that about most United players. For me, it's his injuries which have held him back rather than any problem with his consistency. When he's fit he's usually excellent but he's simply not fit often enough to justify a club spending money on him.

Richie Brittain was fantastic for us after he signed a pre contract with St Johnstone. :thumsup2

Yup, his sterling performances earned us £40k, good bit of business.

Archived