January Transfers 2015

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utd mad rage at everything. My favourite was us only taking 1000 to Luzern and for getting off with a warning for the celebrations during the penalty shootout :lol:

Hope he doesn't turn out to be the next Riordan. Could be a future Scotland regular, has the talent, just needs to work on the consistency. You just worry that he'll be used in games where Celtic know he'll be in his comfort zone against the bottom six and don't use him in Europe such as with Leigh Griffiths. If Griffiths had been playing regularly then I am sure he'd be in with more of a shout for Scotland.

There will be some Utd fans who will hate him now.

I take the view that if he keeps up the form he's been in since Jan 1st then he should stay in the team, but if his form dips then why persevere with him when there are plenty of other options available.

It's a strange one. For GMS, it's a no brainer. His wages will treble, maybe even quadruple, and he won't need to move very far. He might even pick up a medal or two.

As for Celtic, assuming they continue with the 4-2-3-1 they play, look at the players who've played in the wide positions - Forrest, McGregor, Commons, Wakaso, Tonev, Boerrigter, Berget, Stokes, Griffiths. There's probably a couple more i've forgotten about as well. Is GMS better than any of them?

It just seems to be me Celtic have saw a decent player for a team doing well, and thought, "we'll take him to make Utd weaker", rather than an improvement to Celtic. He's not exactly going to be difference in qualifying or not qualifying for the Champions League group stages.

It's a strange one. For GMS, it's a no brainer. His wages will treble, maybe even quadruple, and he won't need to move very far. He might even pick up a medal or two.

As for Celtic, assuming they continue with the 4-2-3-1 they play, look at the players who've played in the wide positions - Forrest, McGregor, Commons, Wakaso, Tonev, Boerrigter, Berget, Stokes, Griffiths. There's probably a couple more i've forgotten about as well. Is GMS better than any of them?

It just seems to be me Celtic have saw a decent player for a team doing well, and thought, "we'll take him to make Utd weaker", rather than an improvement to Celtic. He's not exactly going to be difference in qualifying or not qualifying for the Champions League group stages.

They're all pish.

In fairness, the only players likely to still be at Celtic next season are Forrest, McGregor, Stokes and Griffiths. The latter two play through the middle.

GMS is the kind of player who can open up defences and excite fans - looks like a good signing for Celtic to me. It strengthens them and weakens one of their competitors.

Yes, yes, no, yes, yes, yes, yes, maybe, maybe.

I'd say he's certainly better than Forrest, Tonev, Boerrigter and Berget, he's thinner than Commons and the others play in a different position entirely. No idea who Wakaso is so couldn't comment.

Fully fit GMS can cause problems for anyone. Unfortunately he's rarely fully fit.

In fairness, the only players likely to still be at Celtic next season are Forrest, McGregor, Stokes and Griffiths. The latter two play through the middle.

GMS is the kind of player who can open up defences and excite fans - looks like a good signing for Celtic to me. It strengthens them and weakens one of their competitors.

To be fair, he was always going to be leaving at the end of his contract so it doesn't weaken us particularly. It'll give Celtic more options when he's fully fit.

To be fair, he was always going to be leaving at the end of his contract so it doesn't weaken us particularly. It'll give Celtic more options when he's fully fit.

:huh:

GMS leaving United does weaken you, regardless of whether he goes to Celtic or wherever. The fact that it's an expected departure doesn't really make any difference?

If Alan Mannus leaves us to have a go in England, I'd say it weakens us regardless of whether we expected him to go or not.

Talk on the Oldham and Saints forum of a possible swap deal where they loan Gary McDonald and we get James Dayton. Seems to have some form of substance due to consistency of it in numerous places

There were rumours in the press last week that Killie were trying to bring Dayton back, too. Strange, as we both have inconsistent wingers that look incredible one minute then anonymous the next.

:huh:

GMS leaving United does weaken you, regardless of whether he goes to Celtic or wherever. The fact that it's an expected departure doesn't really make any difference?

No need for the confusion, him signing a pre contract with Celtic doesn't weaken us as he was leaving anyway. Him leaving may weaken us but the identity of his new club is neither here nor there.

If Alan Mannus leaves us to have a go in England, I'd say it weakens us regardless of whether we expected him to go or not.

If Mannus goes to Celtic it doesn't weaken you any more than if he goes to Northampton Town.

There were rumours in the press last week that Killie were trying to bring Dayton back, too. Strange, as we both have inconsistent wingers that look incredible one minute then anonymous the next.

Is Dayton a speed merchant? That's kind of how I remember him. He always caused havoc against us.

GMS is a great player.

However he doesnt near carry the goal threat of some players in the best Rangers and Celtic teams down the years. Taking that into consideration he is a poor signing.

However he is certainly a far superior quality player than Tonev, Berget and Wakaso - who have been a disappointment

Utd mad is raging.

United Mad is perma-raging.

Such is football. He'll probably get booed from some United fans - counterproductive but they're entitled to do so. An awkward but hardly unique situation. So long as he's giving his all and scoring goals for United I'll be fairly sanguine about this.

No need for the confusion, him signing a pre contract with Celtic doesn't weaken us as he was leaving anyway. Him leaving may weaken us but the identity of his new club is neither here nor there.

If Mannus goes to Celtic it doesn't weaken you any more than if he goes to Northampton Town.

Sorry if I'm being dense, but I don't understand your logic here. One of your better players leaving (I know he's not left yet) does weaken you. I don't think the fact it's expected really has any relevance here. It also strengthens Celtic.

Archived