January Transfers 2015

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe. Or maybe he did not like living up North. Or maybe his girlfriend got a new job in Glasgow. Or maybe McIntyre didn't want him. Or maybe he is shite. Or maybe the terms were not good enough. Or maybe someone can indicate what the real reason is.

Any idea why County did not offer Arquin a new contract?

He had apparently agreed to extend his contract earlier in the season (before Adams was shown the door if I remember correctly). But lately he'd indicated that he didn't want to stay. He can be a bit moody as the Notts County fans warned us about.

He hadn't really been the same player since he went AWOL before the Hearts game last year at the start of the split.

I reckon he'll do ok for St Mirren to start off with, but as has been said if he isn't feeling loved, he'll take the huff and then will only occasionally turn in a good performance.

Any idea why County did not offer Arquin a new contract?

There had been rumours he was unhappy, but no-one knew what was wrong with him. A couple of months ago a fan asked a player why, during training, Arquin seemed so distanced from the group and unhappy, the player said "no-one knows whats wrong with him". Which as good a source as I have...

He started well for us, but then went AWOL for a game against Hearts at the tail-end of last season, with only 'personal reasons' given as an explanation. His body language and performances continually regressed this season, and he was in and out of the team. Which came to a head in January when his contract was up for renewal, with him asking to be released, and management wanting to release him.

According to Notts County fans, and Hereford fans (his last two clubs before us), he did the same with them. So he appears to be quite a sensitive guy with issues that his last few clubs have been unable to manage, so he got unhappy and his form suffered. I don't know him personally, so am not unsure if he has real issues or is a spoiled p***k. As I was a fan of his I'm tempted to think the former rather than the latter, but no-one seems to know what the craic is.

Ultimately, he didnt seem happy and he wasnt playing well, so he didnt get/want a new contract.

EDIT: Maybe worth noting that he had reportedly agreed an extended contract at the start of the season, but it cant have been signed as he was released in January (when his original contract expired)

2ND EDIT: What Donaldo said :P

He had apparently agreed to extend his contract earlier in the season (before Adams was shown the door if I remember correctly). But lately he'd indicated that he didn't want to stay. He can be a bit moody as the Notts County fans warned us about.

He hadn't really been the same player since he went AWOL before the Hearts game last year at the start of the split.

I reckon he'll do ok for St Mirren to start off with, but as has been said if he isn't feeling loved, he'll take the huff and then will only occasionally turn in a good performance.

He's going to be very moody then. He will get abuse if he doesn't score 10 goals in his first 2 games.

he appears to be quite a sensitive guy with issues that his last few clubs have been unable to manage, so he got unhappy and his form suffered.

The St Mirren fans's strategic booing might make the difference.

Tade was shite for us, not got stats as I'm on my phone but his record for us and St Johnstone was brutal. Therefore he is shite at this level.

Callum Ball is shite. Adam Morgan is shite. Michael Ngoo is shite.

Gregory Tade is not shite. He may not have been prolific - although I'd happily take a nine-goal a season striker - but he's not shite.

Tade was shite for us, not got stats as I'm on my phone but his record for us and St Johnstone was brutal. Therefore he is shite at this level.

He was a very useful player for us in a team that finished 3rd in the league. He has absolutely no technique to speak of, but his pace, power and workrate gave him a place in our squad and he would do a job for anyone in the top flight outside of Celtic.

His scoring record was skewed by him playing wide for much of his time with us. We played one up front, Steven Maclean, so Tade, Vine and Hasselbaink largely shared the wide duties between them.

I'd have Tade back in a minute.

He scored the opener as you went on to win 2-1, didn't he?

He did. A very good, first time finish. When he acted on instinct, he was brilliant and unpredictable. When he had time, he tended to fall on his arse or miss the ball. He was the master of winning a header and then chasing (and winning) his own knock down :lol:

He also had the most blatant stonewaller of a penalty turned down against Celtic at Celtic Park. We scored from the resulting corner (which was an even more incredible decision consider Tade had battered the ball out, past Ambrose, who then kicked his legs away from under him at about knee height)

Archived