St Johnstone should be docked points

Retrospective points decision.  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just got round to watching the recent SPL highlights and Graham's dive against Inverness is blatant.

I realise he is being retrospectively punished, but as the game finished 1-0 and his cheating earned the Perth club 2 points more than they should have, it's clear that the club should be docked those points.

It's always difficult to determine a final score if you remove one incident from it unless it was the last kick of the game, and with the goal coming at 62 minutes there is an argument that if they hadn't scored then, then perhaps St Johnstone would have gone on to score before the end of the game. That goal clearly changed the game. The argument that "these things even themselves out" is also not applicable as it's Inverness who has lost out, the only way for it to truly "even out" is if an Inverness player was to dive the next game against St Johnstone in order to gain a penalty to win their game 1-0.

As the result ended 1-0, and the goal came from a blatant dive, and that the player responsible for that dive is to receive a ban for the dive, it's only right to say that the club should not benefit from his cheating. I am unsure if St Johnstone should get 0 or 1 points from the game (retrospectively) or if Inverness should get 1 or 3 (depending on the St Johnstone points) but it should not be as it is, St Johnstone 3 and Inverness 0.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you also put up a poll to cover the Saints V Septic game earlier in the season when not only did Saints suffer from a penalty and goal given for a blatant dive but we also suffered a player being sent off as a result. I only ask this in the name of balance.. :thumsup2

Dry yer eyes princess. It's over, it's done with, Move on.

Where's the 'none of the above' option ;)

It's not over though, Graham will be retrospectively punished. Thus, so should the club as it was his cheating that earned them the points.

What sort of punishment did the SFA want against Mikoliunas after his dive against Scotland?

Irrelevant.

Can you also put up a poll to cover the Saints V Septic game earlier in the season when not only did Saints suffer from a penalty and goal given for a blatant dive but we also suffered a player being sent off as a result. I only ask this in the name of balance.. :thumsup2

Did you post a thread then?

Just got round to watching the recent SPL highlights and Graham's dive against Inverness is blatant.

I realise he is being retrospectively punished, but as the game finished 1-0 and his cheating earned the Perth club 2 points more than they should have, it's clear that the club should be docked those points.

It's always difficult to determine a final score if you remove one incident from it unless it was the last kick of the game, and with the goal coming at 62 minutes there is an argument that if they hadn't scored then, then perhaps St Johnstone would have gone on to score before the end of the game. That goal clearly changed the game. The argument that "these things even themselves out" is also not applicable as it's Inverness who has lost out, the only way for it to truly "even out" is if an Inverness player was to dive the next game against St Johnstone in order to gain a penalty to win their game 1-0.

As the result ended 1-0, and the goal came from a blatant dive, and that the player responsible for that dive is to receive a ban for the dive, it's only right to say that the club should not benefit from his cheating. I am unsure if St Johnstone should get 0 or 1 points from the game (retrospectively) or if Inverness should get 1 or 3 (depending on the St Johnstone points) but it should not be as it is, St Johnstone 3 and Inverness 0.

You missed the "Result stays as is" option.

It's not over though, Graham will be retrospectively punished. Thus, so should the club as it was his cheating that earned them the points.

Irrelevant.

Did you post a thread then?

I certainly posted what a cheating c**t the Septic boy was.

Not anymore irrelevant than the shit you opened up with. The rules are clear on this. WTF makes you think that ICT are outwith those rules.

He dived. CHECK, He got banned. CHECK.

Now Aberdeen will benefit from us being a player light and ICT?? well they get fuckall. Aint life grand.

GET IT RIGHT FUCKING UP YEE...

Oh and Merry Christmas fanny baws. :P

Get a grip, that's how the game works. The boy is being punished, the ref fucked up, that's fitba.

Considering you seem more concerned to discuss the poster rather than the post, it was entirely apt.

1. His cheating never won us the game, his ability to score the penalty did. All his cheating done was win us the penalty.

2. We'd be due three points from earlier in the season anyway

3. f**k off you tedious c**t.

Get a grip, that's how the game works. The boy is being punished, the ref fucked up, that's fitba.

Diving wasn't punished retrospectively until recently. It's entirely fair to question whether points won due to cheating should also be looked at.

1. His cheating never won us the game, his ability to score the penalty did. All his cheating done was win us the penalty.

2. We'd be due three points from earlier in the season anyway.

3. f**k off you tedious c**t.

:lol:

Tears everywhere.

Now calm down and look at how desperate that sounds.

1) He dived to get the penalty.

2) Were you? Are you basing this on some sort of "cosmic footballing karma"?

3) For posting an entirely fair question you seem to be very upset. Deal with it as an adult and stop making a fool of yourself.

Only took you eight words until your first eror. Pollok casual is some state.

Don't get too emotional about it though.

Diving wasn't punished retrospectively until recently. It's entirely fair to question whether points won due to cheating should also be looked at.

:lol:

Tears everywhere.

Now calm down and look at how desperate that sounds.

1) He dived to get the penalty.

2) Were you? Are you basing this on some sort of "cosmic footballing karma"?

3) For posting an entirely fair question you seem to be very upset. Deal with it as an adult and stop making a fool of yourself.

Don't get too emotional about it though.

FWIW I couldn't care less, we won, I'll let you seethe about something that affects you in literally no way if you wish.

Archived