Top 5 footballing moments of 2014

Stolen from the the Premiership forum.

5 - Hibs 2-1 Hearts 2nd of January - starting the new year with a Derby win was good

4 - Scotland 1-0 Georgia - always nice to win our first home game of the qualifying campaign

3 - Dumbarton 3-6 Hibs - Cracking game, Malonga hat-trick and all round great day out

2 - Rangers 1-3 Hibs - Just an amazing night.

1 - Scotland 1-0 Ireland - One of the best days out for a long time, Maloney's winner, McGeady getting booed to f**k and great atmosphere

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Cowden beating Dunfermline 3-0 by a mile.

2. Beating Hamilton 4-3 away

3. Hemmings' last minute equaliser at Starks in the 3-3.

4. Thumping Ayr twice

5. Seeing the wee Hamilton neds getting a slap about on the terracing after they scored a last minute goal and we scored an even later equaliser #scenes

All Alloa, not surprisingly.

1 - Tough one this. :) Coming back from 2-0 down to score three times in the last twenty minutes to knock Rangers out of and reach the final of the Petrofac cup.

2 - Bob McHugh's equaliser at Cowden to keep us out of the play-offs last season.

3 - Pumping local rivals Falkirk 3-0 at home with Phil Roberts getting a red card and then inventing the ice bucket challenge.

4 - Liam Buchanan's late equaliser at Ibrox.

5 - Beating Hibs 2-1 at home in the league.

Nade scoring against Hibs, thereby rudely interrupting the Hibs fans' rendition of "ten men couldnae carry."

Before going taps aff and giving them the 5-1 gesture.

But yes, only really the 3-2 win at Easter Road and the cup final stand out. The latter was superb, particularly given it was their first final.

1. Hearts 2-0 Hibs, 30/03/2014 - The infamous "relegation party". Ben Williams making a c**t of himself trying to pop Hibs' party balloons as the olé's rang out is one of the funniest things I have ever seen inside Tynecastle.

2. Rangers 1-2 Hearts, 10/08/2014 - It doesn't get much better than doing these scummy f**ks in their own backyard in the sort of fashion you've seen them pull off so many times. What an away day. Fabulous away support.

3. Hearts 2-0 Rangers, 22/11/2014 - Cutting their allocation down to about 1,400 with over 15,500 Hearts fans crammed into Tynecastle. An incredible atmosphere and all round lolathon which the hordes wouldn't have liked one iota.

4. Hibs 1-2 Hearts, 27/04/2014 - Just as big a piss-take as the "relegation party". Shame the game wasn't more comfortable in the end given we were 2-0 up at half-time.

5. Hibs 1-1 Hearts, 26/10/2014 - Öztürk's 40-yarder led to scenes not seen since we scored at Anfield. Our unbeaten run was in serious jeopardy here.

Honourable mentions go to:

Hearts 2-1 Hibs, 17/08/2014 - Seeing that wee cretin Scott Robertson being utterly humiliated by Sam Nicholson, before conceding a penalty and then being sent-off two minutes later was very, very pleasing. We haven't looked back since this day.

Hearts 5-0 Kilmarnock, 04/05/2014 - What a performance. An utter pumping to finally stop Killie's streak of victories in Gorgie.

Hearts 1-1 Aberdeen, 02/04/2014 - A late equaliser with ten men against the side chasing 2nd meant we wouldn't be relegated at home on Sir Paul Hartley day. It also helped keep up our immense record against the Sheep.

St. Mirren 1-1 Hearts & Hibs 0-1 Kilmarnock, 10/05/2014 - Big away support through for this one. Hilarious scenes when news of Kris Boyd's goal for Killie at Easter Road filtered through. It was the same at the full-time whistle.

And of course: Hibs 0-2 Hamilton, 25/05/2014 - I'm still not quite sure how that actually happened. Wow.

All Alloa, not surprisingly.

1 - Tough one this. :) Coming back from 2-0 down to score three times in the last twenty minutes to knock Rangers out of and reach the final of the Petrofac cup.

2 - Bob McHugh's equaliser at Cowden to keep us out of the play-offs last season.

3 - Pumping local rivals Falkirk 3-0 at home with Phil Roberts getting a red card and then inventing the ice bucket challenge.

4 - Liam Buchanan's late equaliser at Ibrox.

5 - Beating Hibs 2-1 at home in the league.

Don't think any alloa supporters would change this. Spot on and I was just thinking about them 5 before I seen your post

I would love to see a Rovers fan come up with five from 2014. I didn't make any trips to Easter Road, so I can't think of one highlight.

5 - first game of the season, a 3-1 win at home to Dumbarton, 'top o the league and you're no' and all that.

4- Joe Cardle wonder strike v St Johnstone in the cup.

3- a 3-2 win against Queens which saved our bacon.

2- Hibs away in the Scottish cup.

1- Ramsdens Cup Final.

I did it!

5 - first game of the season, a 3-1 win at home to Dumbarton, 'top o the league and you're no' and all that.

4- Joe Cardle wonder strike v St Johnstone in the cup.

3- a 3-2 win against Queens which saved our bacon.

2- Hibs away in the Scottish cup.

1- Ramsdens Cup Final.

I did it!

Well done. I forgot about the Scottish Cup QF.

I wasn't at the cup final either. Best games I've seen this year were probably the 4-3 defeat to Queens and Scotland's win over Ireland. There was a 4-4 draw between Carlisle and Wimbledon which was good fun too.

Goals - Nade sored a peach against St Johnstone pre-season which was probably pinnacle of my pre-season optimism. Then Cardle's in the cup of course, and a grudging nod to Scott Agnew's for Dumbarton the other week.

1. Hibs coming to Tynecastle for the relegation party and making an arse of it.

2. Hibs being cheered on to the park at half time at Easter Road by us.

3. Ozturk equalising.

4. Hibs making an arse of it at home against Hamilton.

5. Nicolsons goal against Hibs.

Stolen from the the Premiership forum.

5 - Hibs 2-1 Hearts 2nd of January - starting the new year with a Derby win was good

4 - Scotland 1-0 Georgia - always nice to win our first home game of the qualifying campaign

3 - Dumbarton 3-6 Hibs - Cracking game, Malonga hat-trick and all round great day out

2 - Rangers 1-3 Hibs - Just an amazing night.

1 - Scotland 1-0 Ireland - One of the best days out for a long time, Maloney's winner, McGeady getting booed to f**k and great atmosphere

Not sure how any Hibee has the brass neck to include anything their team has done this year in a top five. Yon derby win was only acheived after one of our 13 year old defenders inexplicably did some Ju Jitsu on a Hibee in the box. Bossing the odd team in the Champs after being relegated is not that much of an acheivement.

Here's one for me though. This was a genuine surprise as I really thought that even Hibs wouldn't be pissh enough to waste a 2-0 advantage at home.

"Nine men couldn't carry Jason Scotland... oh shit!" :lol:

http://youtu.be/_Wr4x-QVy4A

Not sure how any Hibee has the brass neck to include anything their team has done this year in a top five. Yon derby win was only acheived after one of our 13 year old defenders inexplicably did some Ju Jitsu on a Hibee in the box. Bossing the odd team in the Champs after being relegated is not that much of an acheivement.

Here's one for me though. This was a genuine surprise as I really thought that even Hibs wouldn't be pissh enough to waste a 2-0 advantage at home.

"Nine men couldn't carry Jason Scotland... oh shit!" :lol:

http://youtu.be/_Wr4x-QVy4A

Calm doon ffs :lol:

1) hibs 4-0 Rangers. Tomorrow

2) hibs 2-1 hearts. New year Derby

3) hearts losing against 9 men in a semi final at Easter road

4) Rangers 1-3 hibs

5) Alloa 1-2 hibs. Start of our cup winning run

^^^ Hit the sauce on Christmas Day.

Archived