Championship January transfer window

We could do with a forward who is good in the air and can hold the ball up, to suit our style of football.

Jason Scotland on loan would suit the holding the ball up requirement. Not sure how he is in the air. Is he still getting a game for Accies?

Who are Murray's contacts in the game? He should definitely use them as a last throw of the dice.

No he barly gets a game and when he did, we lose, has contributed though scored the lat minute winner against partick thistle at firhill. Won't last 90 minutes, he starts to tire at the end of the first half, and he's not good in the air, but as you say his hold up play is good and his finishing is great.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No he barly gets a game and when he did, we lose, has contributed though scored the lat minute winner against partick thistle at firhill. Won't last 90 minutes, he starts to tire at the end of the first half, and he's not good in the air, but as you say his hold up play is good and his finishing is great.

If he can't head the ball, then he definitely won't suit our style of play. He is like a door, so he is excellent at holding up play, but poor in the air is not what we need.

It will be gutting if we don't at least get a decent fee for Holt.

That's the thing - even if he goes in the summer, we'll be looking for a development fee. For a guy who probably won't have featured that much in The Scottish Championship, who's going to want to pay it?

I'm not sure he's fully thought it through.

Only a matter of time before some absolute banter legend comes along and posts something like: "I've heard Messi & Ronaldo to Alloa for £1000000000000000 on a 2 and half year deal."

Sounds like a wasps1 type post. Alloa need to bring in another striker in this window and probably a defender or two. No idea who I want though a tall target man upfront could maybe help us a bit with an attack with no height

you can have daniel jurisic from us to replace him. Tallish slovenian ? striker. I will pay you his wages aswell. No transfer fee required.

I was at pre season at Gayf for one of our games and the guys agent was sitting beside me telling me he was amazing and that loads of clubs were after him and he was trying to get Moore to sign him saying he'd be in the SPL in a year and everything :lol:

Looks like he's doing well at Cowden...

Sounds like a wasps1 type post. Alloa need to bring in another striker in this window and probably a defender or two. No idea who I want though a tall target man upfront could maybe help us a bit with an attack with no height

If all the defenders are fit I don't think we would be looking to bring another in.

I was at pre season at Gayf for one of our games and the guys agent was sitting beside me telling me he was amazing and that loads of clubs were after him and he was trying to get Moore to sign him saying he'd be in the SPL in a year and everything :lol:

Looks like he's doing well at Cowden...

anonymous for the reserve/youth team. Lets not get into his occasional first team appearances. The only thing he is good at is being an imposter.

anonymous for the reserve/youth team. Lets not get into his occasional first team appearances. The only thing he is good at is being an imposter.

Sure the guy had other players that were playing for us in the game, all absolutely useless. Fancy names and looked the part but fucking honking. Thankfully Moore never took on any of them.

Sure the guy had other players that were playing for us in the game, all absolutely useless. Fancy names and looked the part but fucking honking. Thankfully Moore never took on any of them.

aye, jurisic had a photo out when he signed with his top off and he was pretty ripped like but the gym doesn't make you coordinated.

Looks like Scott Robinson will be on the move - more likely to Killie or Falkirk, rather than Hibs.

Jason Holt could also leave, or sign a pre-contract deal somewhere.

Robinson could've moved in the summer, but decided to stay and fight for his place; and he's repaid with a few good performances. I've seen no evidence so far that he'll be going anywhere.

Holt is much more likely to be involved in a move out, I think.

Robinson could've moved in the summer, but decided to stay and fight for his place; and he's repaid with a few good performances. I've seen no evidence so far that he'll be going anywhere.

Holt is much more likely to be involved in a move out, I think.

Neilson has hinted at Robinson - apparently on £2k a week and for a guy who is fourth choice with youngsters coming up his rear for that berth the suggestion he will go.

As for Holt. Not seen anything to suggest he will go. He's had a pretty average 18 months and not sure the clubs will be knocking down his door as they were then. I'd expect him to sign up for at least another year. That said he's not going to feature much unless Pallardo, Buaben and Gomis all simultaneously catch ebola in which case Robinson and Holt will still be the best midfield pairing in the league.

Archived